Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

UDUB have won!!!!!

Miriam1   

Ya rab..but kulmiye website is claiming that they offichally won.

Ouuh i wont hear anything but " I told u so" from my cousins now :mad:

SamiGyrl   

Hey they won, all we have to worry about now is are they actually going to do something for SOmaliland or are they going to sit on their behinds like they did for the past 8 years?

Personally, I dont take B.S. and I believe that Udub isnt going to do anything but they did win so lets see if they can do anything if they cant then we know how to vote later.

P.S. Next time no more un counted boxes will be accepted. Anyone sitting on them will be arressted till the final result is announced.

-Citizen Sami

N.O.R.F   

Kulmiye Statement

Xisbiga UDUB, oo hore u diidanaa natiijadii laysku wada raacay ee komishanka doorashooyinkuna caddeeyeen, ayaa guddoomiyaheeda Daahir Riyaale Kaahin, xalayto isugu yeedhay madaxda golaha odayaasha iyo barlamaanka, kuwaas oo uu ku khasbay hawl aanay shuqul ku lahayn inay soo dhexgalaan oo ay dhexgalaan isaga iyo komisan si shacbiga codkiisii la tiriyay loogu beddelo xeer jajab. Madaxdaas goleyaashu waxay wakhtigaas ka dib u tageen komisahnka oo ay ku khashbeen inaan la sheegin natiijada saxa ahayd ee dhamaatay ee lagu heshiiyay iyo wakhtigii loogu tala galay midna. Waxa markaa ay sheegayaan in UDUB sanaaduuq hore loo kansal gareeyay oo aan sharci ahayn codad looga baadhbaadhay, si KULMIYE looga dulmariyo. Waxaanu caddaynaynaa inaan KULMIYE joogin meesha sanaaduuqdan dambe lagu baadhay iyo meel lagu tiriyay toona isla markaana aan nalaga soo wargelin oo aanan goobjoog ka ahayn natiijada cusub meesha lagu sheegay. Ilaa iyo haddana officially warbixin kamay soo bixin madaxda KULMIYE manay saxeexin boobkan caddaanka ah ee la boobay. Inagoo ka wada dheregsan doorasho la boobaa cawaaqib xumada ay leedahay waxaan shacbiga Somaliland u ka codsanaynaa inay samir yeeshaan oo ay amaanka ilaaliyaan, kana warsugaan madaxda KULMIYE oo imika shiraya inta war caddaan ahi ka soo baxayo.

This is the most shocking news.

Are you guys sure this is the FINAL CALL?

People have been betrayed and cheated. Bad day for Somaliland if this election is won by UDUB.

I guess Somalis no matter where, are still not used to the idea of a true democracy.

LANDER   

Libaax,

Sxb Why can't you accept that Udub has won?, is it because you were supporting Kulmiye? or maybe its the grudge you hold about Ciigaal. Whatever it is, we need to go forward from here and accept Udub as the winner. It is not a sad day for Somaliland because regardless of the outcome, we have held free election and that alone is a great achievement.

Yes UDUB has definitely Won, although the Kulmiye party was caught out twice lying about the results on two occasions the posted "official" results stating that they had won and on both occasions the BBC Somali service confirmed from the electoral commission that the results had not been confirmed or completed as yet.

Recent news suggest that Silanyo is putting Somalialnd in a state of chaos by not accepting the outcome of this election,

that is the victory of UDUB

N.O.R.F   

no person in the right mind will accept day light robbery!

i just hope UDUB have had a shock from this, they nearly lost in their very own hargaisa, i hope that shows them the strength of kulmiye!

Haashim   

I told you Guys, there was a shuqul soomaali, as they say b4 MUSQMAASUQU WAA SOOMAALI MEHEREDEEDE, i didn't want to break the hearts some of u who were dreaming a fair election in somalia, somali is somali wherever they are.

don't be naive, bahashaana nin mar dhedhenshaayi kama fuqo ilaa qori ama cilmiyo kale looga kiciyo.

DHEDHENSHAA WAALAN DHERGAANA KA DARAN

I don't think Silanyo is happy about da results.

Lets hope things go smoothly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somaliland presidential poll loser rejects result

HARGEISA, Somalia, April 20 (Reuters) - The defeated opposition candidate in Somaliland's presidential election accused the government of vote rigging on Sunday as violence flared between rival supporters.

Ahmed Mohamed Silanyo, who emerged as the main challenger in Somaliland's first multi-party presidential election, claimed victory in the April 14 poll. Official results on Saturday handed victory to President Dahir Riyale Kahin by just 80 votes.

"I can confirm that I won the election," Silanyo told reporters. "The government has used public funds and its authority to win the election for its candidate. I call on the government not to suppress the (will of) the people."

He spoke as violence broke out between supporters of Kahin's United Democratic Party (UDUB) and Silanyo's Solidarity party (Kulmiye) in the capital Hargeisa and other cities.

Officials said four people were wounded and a teashop destroyed in Burao, Silanyo's hometown, as his supporters clashed with police. In Hargeisa, police shot in the air to disperse a protest against the election body.

There was no immediate comment from the government.

On Saturday, the enclave's National Electoral Commission said Kahin received 205,595 votes, 42.08 percent of the those cast, against Silanyo's 205,515 votes.

Silanyo's party rejected the result, saying the figures given by the electoral commission for some polling stations did not tally with the count approved by its representatives.

Somaliland declared independence in 1991 after the overthrow of Somali President Mohammad Siad Barre, the disintegration of central government and an explosion of factional fighting.

The enclave is hoping that holding a democratic election will win it international recognition. Previous presidents in Somaliland have been picked by parliament.

Muraad...come on dude....Don't give us " Somali is somali" crap......Democracy in Sland is in its infancy. There are going to be problems aight but iam sure they will be solved without resorting to the old ways of doing things. The brothers from da north have made considerable progress, give them some credit!!!!!!!!!!!!

LANDER   

I for one would have liked to see Siilanyo president, however not at the cost of our peace and stability in somaliland. If there was alleged corruption in Udub pulling out those last minute votes it should be looked into. However if we find that Udub has won this election fairly, then we should put our differences aside and rally around our new government. Its not like Kulmiye is going anywhere, they have prooven in this election they are real contenders for power. They just accept their role as the official opposition.

habalyo habalyo habalyo for mr.daahir reyale kahin

and same time habalyo habalyo for somaliland.

my self i was with ucid party but hey no problem

and inshaa laah everythinks well be great for our country somaliland VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA