Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

The New and Cool Muslims

Modesty   

Asalamu Alaykum,

These days everything about the Muslims has totally changed. Every muslim I see is not acting like a muslim should act. This really outrages me, because we are getting the bad name for this. I am not going to leave myself out of this, because since I am always surrounded by Kufars I feel as if I got this need to fit in. I used to wear the long abayas with the long scarfs, but since my family told me not to wear it because it made me look like an extremist, I wear more form fitting clothes(I am not proud of it), nevertheless alhamdulliah I pray 5 times a day, and have a polite muslim behavior. You see muslims doing unislamic things like drinking and clubbing and people actually having pre-marital touching(and some people I know actually boast about that, without fear of ALLAH). These days it seems like if your a good muslim guy you're an outcast and considered "uncool", if you're a muslim girl who covers herself up and acts like a muslim woman should the kufars say you're oppressed and maybe your own community tells you to dress more like your age, as if dressing modestyly is for old ladies only!(old ladies had their times, no one really looks at them I think). If your a good practicing muslim you feel alone, but I applaud the strong individuals who face their challenges in this society head on.What is going on? May Allah let the muslims imans increase and bring back to life the souls of muslims. I read a hadith that the prophet Muhammad(saw) said in the future there will be alot of muslims, but they will be like the foam that is on top of the ocean:weightless. Before when I saw muslims doing something bad I would feel so upset about it, but now I don't feel nothing because there is nothing I can do about it. Let tell this funny story I read somewhere, this muslim guy was complaining about the muslim situation, how people are not doing islamic things, having boy/girlfriends, etc. Anyways he said that one day this guy he knew came up to him and was telling him about his girlfriend, so the the guy couldn't take this story because it contained "haram messages" so he punches the guy splat on the face. That'll teach him not to act unislamic!

Bambina   

Sup to all ma somali community !!! I just wanted to say dat acting like a muslim is a real challenge, cuz u have to give up doin haram things like insultin ppl,usin drugs and booze,stop datin ,stop listenin to music and I think certain ppl r so used to dis things they cant just givin it up,but das not an excuse.The real challenge is how to act like a muslim when ur surrounded by kufars even worst when ur own somali bros and sis try to convince u to do haram things and das really pisses me off!Nowadays whos gonna listen to u when u advise someone not to date if it's not leadin to marriage ,they all gonna say "here's the jealous" instead of thinkin in an islamic way.Sumtimes we blame the society but how about the parents who dont teach the Salat and Quran to their children at an early age?I aint perfect but since I started to pray few months ago my whole attitude changed, I became more happier and started to appreciate life.It's hard to change and it takes courage cuz u have to trust urself and not listen to others.Honestly ,I believe actin like a muslim comes while prayin.It's scary to change but it's for our own sake.

ASSALAMU ALAIKUM SISTER IN ISLAM,

WALAHI TO TELL U THE TRUTH I FEEL U. THAT IS SO CORRECT. :D ONLY THOSE THAT KNOW WILL KNOW THE TRUTH ON THE LAST DAY.AND THOSE WHO PLAY ON EARTH LIKE IT'S A PLAY GROUND WILL SEE THE WRATH OF ALL MIGHTY ALLAH. THINK BEFORE U EVER ACT. ALWAYS REMEMBER ALLAH!!!!!

U'RE SISTER IN ISLAM.....WASSALAMU ALAIKUM

Blessed   

Originally posted by SD_coltz05_SISTah:

ALWAYS REMEMBER ALLAH

Good Advice smile.gif

I think it is important to remember that people do not commit sins because it is cool or because we want to defy the Islmic rules.

It is more likely that we find it hard to follow the deen due to our short - comings as human beigns. I heard a hadith that Allah surrounded hell with beautiful things and paradise with undesirable things as a test of faith.

It is better to tell ppl about the deen then to beat them with the book. I am not 'religious' but am learning about Islam.. and truthfully nothing is more of-putting then a 'rude' wadaad person with a 'more righteouse then thou' attitude. The brother in the story could've politley asked the guy not to tell him the story. I don't think slaping ppl in the face presents a very good image of Islam.

Thank you, i must say..

I understand what you are saying, that kind of thing happens everywhere in this world today even my home town london.... So sis don't you feel that its about time that you helped yours self and got out of that style of clothing.

Its good that you pray 5 times a day, and insha allah you will over come that peer pressure with the clothing...

On that note sis look after you self and we are all here to help each other, may Allah reward you for you for trying you best.........

Peace & LOve

Modesty   

Asalamu Alaykum,

Ameenah I would like to make it clear that the guy punching the other guy was meant to be funny at least it is to me but not islamic in any way. However I would also like to say that for real the temptations of this world are pretty deep and considering the state of turmoil the muslims are in today it is actually pretty sad. People seem to have a negative attitude about waadadoyinka these days, but they're also human! So the question is who is better some one who is on the path of allah with a "righteous attitude" or someone who takes his/her religion loosely(like most muslims I know)?

N.O.R.F   

I think that we all go thru tests/exams in our life time,theses include resisting temptations in this western world where all evil is promoted.

Alhamdulillah there are many of us on the right path, just keep it up!!!!!!!!

Blessed   

So the question is who is better some one who is on the path of allah with a "righteous attitude" or someone who takes his/her religion loosely(like most muslims I know)?

It is really not my place to judge people.

I have utmost respect for people who follow and are true to the deen of Allah. But, I think that as muslims we should give each other the benefit of the doubt. We are all a bit lax with our Islamic duties at one point or another.

I wasn't hating on wadaads. I've just stated my disaproval of so called wadaads with bad attitude. People, who think that they are better then others just because they've been blessed with a bit of knowledge.

Ameenah,

Please don't be embarrassed or shy to wear Islamic clothing. Islam is so beautiful. What is acceptable to Allah should never be sacrificed for what is acceptable to the kufar.

Modesty, true the temptations of this dunya is soo deep, it's upclose n' personal. I struggle every single day with it!! Keep up the 5 daily prayers and Insha Allah it'll keep you away from sins eventually. Trust me! I think what's vital nowadays is to strengthen prayers because if you take a look around you, prayer is no longer essential to most muslim's lives. Tighten your robe with Allah first, and the rest will follow, with effort ofcourse. May Allah guide us in the right path Amiin.

Blessed   

Originally posted by Muhammad:

Ameenah,

Please don't be embarrassed or shy to wear Islamic clothing. Islam is so beautiful. What is acceptable to Allah should never be sacrificed for what is acceptable to the kufar.

I would never be embarrassed by Islam bro. I'de have to be crazey to do that. I do wear the hijaab ... Alxamdulilah.

Nur   

Modesty sis

How we feel about our faith is a function of time, knowledge and motivation. At any given moment, if we have the right combination of the above three elements, Ikhlaas being the right motivation, our akhlaaq and how we treat others will add value to Islam, on the other hand if our knowledge is limited, and motivation is not sincere, our actions will be a liabaility to Islam, we should pray:

O Allah do not make as fitnah for the unbelievers! Amin

A reason for them to mock at our faith and morals!

Nur

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Modesty:

So the question is who is better some one who is on the path of allah with a "righteous attitude" or someone who takes his/her religion loosely(like most muslims I know)?

The one who follows deen:

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:

The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “A strong believer is better and dearer to Allah than a weak one, and both are good. Adhere to that which is beneficial for you. Keep asking Allah for help and do not refrain from it. (If you are afflicted in any way), do not say: ‘If I had taken this or that step, it would have resulted into such and such,’ but say only: ‘Allah so determined and did as He willed.’ The word ‘if’ opens the gates of satanic (thoughts)” (Muslim).

Also sister we are Muslims, we were commanded to be different then the kufars.....Muhammad and Mike or Aisha and Ashley should not be act the same....and this guides ppl to Islam when they witness Islam from you. Two friends converted to Islam credit is due to Allah....and inshallah others will.

U right about tempations....its easy to slip n forget marka be around other good muslims who remind u of the deen:

The Prophet peace be upon him said: “A person is on the path of his intimate friend, so let each of you look carefully at whom he takes as an intimate friend.”

The Prophet peace be upon him said: “The example of a good friend and a bad friend is like the seller of Musk (perfume) and the blacksmith. If you go to the seller of perfume, you will either leave (happy) buying perfume, or you will leave with the smell of the musk. And If you stand by the blacksmith you will burn your clothes, or you will leave with the *smell of* the stink of his work.”