Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Signs of Imam Mahdi Lunar Eclipse in Ramadan

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Was there a lunar eclipse too last ramadan

because I am aware that there was one the other night on the night of the 14th of ramadan.

A friend of mine was telling me that this is one of the signs of the arrival of the Mahdi.

However, I was checking up on the net and

read up that their was a lunar and solar eclipse

in 1981, 2002 and 2003.

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Fi Amanallah

Ranya   

Salam Khayr

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there was a lunar eclipse the other day. My sister and I were driving to work when we heard it on the news. I also heard that there was one or two lunar eclipses last Ramadan. Then someone said that if there's three, that's a sign that the Mahdi is coming soon. I'm not sure if three is the magical number or if it really is true.

Mowgli   

Asalaama Alaikum

Khayr brother

Am not sure weather they are a sign of Mahdi's arrival, but I remember a hadith that went something along the lines of:

The sun and the moon do not eclipse because of someone's life or death, but they are two signs of Allah (swt) so pray whenever you see them.

Sorry I don't have the reference...

But people have also said that it is a sign of the coming of Mahdi, lakiin I have not seen a hadith mentioning it.

I was also told that there was a solar eclipse during the lifetime of Nabi Mohamemed scws, there is also a hadith if am not mistaken.

Shukri and Sundus

Mahdi will come towards end of the world, when Judgment Day is very close. He will arrive when the Muslims are very weak. there will be a war in Syria against the christians in which a 1/3 of his (Mahdi's) army will flee, a third will die in battle and a third will become victorious.

There will also be a jihaad against India, which will be sucessful.

Dajaal will also appear, firstly claiming prophethood and eventually claim to be God (Nabi Mohamed scws has warned us that he will be one eyed and that the word Kafir will be written in between his two eyes). Most of his followers will be women and Jews.

During Iman Mahdi's time, Nabi Isa (pbuh) will descend and defeat Dajjal (The Anti-Christ).

If you want more detailed information about Iman Mahdi, I suggest you go to your local masagid smile.gif .

PS The best solution for all of us would be to asked someone more learned, only way to make sure. Insha Allah, I shall try to find the exact hadiths.

Ma'Salaama

Modesty   

I actually believe that the Mahdi is alive today, but Allah knows best of course. I heard in a hadith that the signs before the Mahdi is when both Iraq and Syria are attacked by kuffar nations, and when muslims are oppressed in all corners of the earth(like now), but I never heard of a lunar eclipse until know. But I hope the Mahdi comes soon, because this world needs to be filled with justice.

Qac Qaac   

Idil sister, the hadith u mentioned was, when the prophet's son died, the sun turned dark, and the ppl thought this was because of the prophet's son dying, and the prophet scw told the ppl the sun and the moon don't become dark because of someone died, something to that fact... the hadith u just mentioned.

khayr bro, yes there is a hadith in bukhari, that says the sun and the moon would eclipse, in one ramadan, and this will be the sign of the Mahdi coming out. also this never happen before in the history of the world the prophet added, both to be eclipsed at the same ramadan.

modesty i agree with u, i too think, the mahdi is alive now, coz remember only when he become 40 he would realize that he is the Guided one.

and yes u r right, after Iraq is attacked they would go to Syria, they already started with them, and then to Egypt. don't tell me Egypt is an ally now, Iraq was 15yrs ago. so what.

so ppl the last day, is almost coming up soon, get ready, worship your God more, don't be sorrow later, don't just eat, sleep and live ok. be aware of the things that is going on around u.

Asalaam aleykum,

Tonight Inshallah there will be a lunar eclipse. Turkish time Thursday 03.30 ( London Wednesday 23.00). And it is another Ramadhan, May Allah protect us.

Couldnt find the hadith on the Mahdi thus added the Hadith concerning eclipses.

Sahih Bukhari:

Volume 2, Book 18, Number 165:

Narrated Abu Masud:

Allah's Apostle said, "The sun and the moon do not eclipse because of someone's death or life but they are two signs amongst the signs of Allah, so pray whenever you see them."

Volume 2, Book 18, Number 172:

Narrated 'Aisha:

The Prophet (p.b.u.h) recited (the Quran) aloud during the eclipse prayer and when he had finished the eclipse prayer he said the Takbir and bowed. When he stood straight from bowing he would say "Sami 'al-l-ahu Lyman hamidah Rabbana walaka-l-hamd." And he would again start reciting. In the eclipse prayer there are four bowing and four prostrations in two Rakat. Al-Auza'i and others said that they had heard Az-Zuhi from 'Ursa from 'Aisha saying, "In the life-time of Allah's Apostle the sun eclipsed, and he made a person to announce: 'Prayer in congregation.' He led the prayer and performed four bowing and four prostrations in two Rakat." Narrated Al-Walid that 'Abdur-Rahman bin Namir had informed him that he had heard the same. Ibn Shihab heard the same. Az-Zuhrl said, "I asked ('Ursa), 'What did your brother 'Abdullah bin AzZubair do? He prayed two Rakat (of the eclipse prayer) like the morning prayer, when he offered the (eclipse) prayer in Median.' 'Ursa replied that he had missed (i.e. did not pray according to) the Prophet's tradition." Sulaiman bin Kathir and Sufyan bin Husain narrated from Az-Zuhri that the prayer for the eclipse used to be offered with loud recitation.

I am realy sure of the hsdith mentioned by qac qac and other, but one thing is fore sure, mahdi ( cajallallahu farajah) will come to rescue themoslim around the world. and wil fill the world with justice as it been filled with injustice.mahdi is alive and he is one of the memebr of prophet's famaliy (s.c.w.s).

If one reads the hadith about the coming of Imam Mahdi however, one would realize that he will be appointed Khalif in Mecca after the death of the khilafah hence the khilafah sytem will be restored before the return of the the imam.