Sign in to follow this  
Ex-Xisbiga

BREAKING NEWS: The Al Gore of Somaliland resigns!!

RedSea   

Prof. Meygaag samatar.

Dr.Gaboose.

Mr. Jirde.

Eng. Maxamed Xaashi.

^^^mostly highly educated men who can lead Somaliland.

and more put them on the list.

Jaylaani   

^^Eng. Maxamed Xaashi or Mr. Jirde is what we need walaahi. Both religious and goal oriented people. The thing is midkoodna musuq maasuqa siyaasad kuma fiicna.

Somaliland needs a leader who takes care of her. Someone that helps her walk while she is at the tender age and guides her through the maze. She needs someone that fixes the loop-holes in our constitution, impoves the system and the institutinos for the betterment of the country.

It always difficult to find that perfect leader that people are striving for. For instance people really thought Dahir Riyaale, seemingly qunyar-socod political-wise, was such a leader who will improve the system while he is in office.

Elysian   

Originally posted by nabadshe:

This is just some romours from qurunnews.

qurunnews :D:D

Originally posted by Suldanka:

It always difficult to find that perfect leader that people are striving for. For instance people really thought Dahir Riyaale, seemingly qunyar-socod political-wise, was such a leader who will improve the system while he is in office.

S/Land is part of Africa, so to think or even hope that corruption is not part of the political agenda must be simple-minded. One has to be realistic, things take time, building a nation takes generations... so I'll do my best to ignore the embarrassing obvious wheeling and dealing for the sake of the greater benefit. However, when journalists are sentenced to jail as a consequence of the president's whim, if we do not speak up today regardless of political colour, we'll soon have a full-fledged dictator.

I wonder where S/Land would be with Silaanyo as the head of the State?

Xargaga   

I wonder where S/Land would be with Silaanyo as the head of the State?

Mr. Silaanyo is one of the founding fathers of somaliland. I believe that things would have been better if he would have won the election. Right now i would have suggested for him to retire from Politics just as did George washington, after his first term of the newly founded United states of America. I beleive that he would have gained more respect and admiration not only from Somalilanders but all somalis in general. Then the next step should be how would the somaliland administration benefit its ctizens politically, socially and economically.The question we should genuinely ask ourselves is how would the administartion achieve prosperity and persue of happiness for the peopple, given that peace has been established?. What are the priorities? are we seriusly going to secede from our fellow somalis? and if so how and what is in it for us?

All this need serious brainstorming through a learned administartion which has the interest of the people at heart.

Hunguri   

(1) Siilaanyo Should resign (well done)

(2) Waraabe should be kicked out of the party

PS:-

Somali land needs a change, that wins the hearts and minds of the people. It needs the likes of the veteran,decent Egal (May Allah rest his soul in peace ). The above mentioned 2 leaders lost the support of Somali land and the South Somalia. They are in no where and in a big time state of confusion and embarassment. Siilaanyo is locally confined to his own S-Clan and the party turn to be a family owned Party, whilest Waraabe is good for nothing at all.

Jay,

One of the things that made somaliland a small success story from the beginning was the solidarity and unitedness that made us overcome many barriers. If as you suggest we are as corrupted as any other african state it doesnt bode well for the future of our beloved country. i dont think it is right to lump the USA in with the rest of the 'corrupted' states such as zimbabwe. America has strong constitutional foundations and institutions through which bush has to go through before implementing actions. so eventhough as you say he might have cheated his way into office, the level of corruption he can do while in office is vastly less then what can be done in african states including ours.

Also i believe we would be disgarding our supreme court which found in favour of the elections and regarded them as ligit.

those accusations made by you and others strongly undermine our institutions and stature and unless you can back them up with facts should not be made.

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by A.J. Timacadeh:

Jay,

Also i believe we would be disgarding our supreme court which found in favour of the elections and regarded them as ligit.

Timacade,

I heard you loud and clear. Thank you bro.

Mujaahid,

I am not an UDUB supporter but i am a profound believer in the morals, institutions and stature of somaliland and therefore i tend to go on the defensive when they are brought into question unless i believe there are credible reasons to bring them into question.

I believe these aspects of somalilands are what made our homeland a success and if they were thought to be corrupt then our nation could disintegrate which i know is the last thing any of us want

On the subject of UDUB i think it would be best for Somaliland if UDUB loose the next election. They have done some good work but a lot more could have been done if they werent so incompetent most of the time.

I dont have a particular allegiance to anyone but i hope the right person gets the right job whatever that may be.