Sign in to follow this  
Emperor

London: Meet Puntland Presidential candidate Nuradin tomorrow, Saturday 18/10/2008

Norf--Disbanded, no. It is unlikely. Puntland and Bay/Bakool favor tribal federalism. The only scenerio where Somalia goes to pre-civil war political structure is if it's subjugated and controlled by one entity that would prefer centralised government otherwise I reckon regions would wanna have control over local affairs.

N.O.R.F   

^Disbanded as in back to the gobolo structure (how many were there?) pre civil war. Otherwise there would only be 3 or 4 regions (probably better).

Gheele, this is a forum saxib. Hijackings are common.

ps, don't you think a young chap based outside of Somalia will struggle against the seasoned fellas based in PL? New blood is obviously needed but the voters may feel they have more in common with a 'local' geezer.

Norf1 that would have been true if only there were "seasoned fellas" with good record to stand with. You have like of Cadde and Faroole who might be considered to be old foxes, but their broken record speak for them. Then you have the Gen. Ilka-jiir and Prof. Farjac, and they are both new to the arena just like he is.

Some people were wondering how this selection/election going to happen. Based on Puntland's process of selection, you will need to get the majority of the vote in the parliament in the final round of vote casting. Now, the question is, who elects the members of the parliament? Well, each province has set numbers (qouto)of people that will represent them in the house, and the elders of each province select their members. I dont want go too much into this, bur what i know is that this time elders (not all from some regions mainly Mudug and Bari)have agreed to allow intectuals,business people,women group and even youth to take part in selection process. This will allow the people to have some say of who will represent them there. So, at least there will be good people in the house and that will make the difference. let us just sit and wait what happens between now and Jan 09.

mr nuraddin is far too ambitious for what experienced. Who ever steps up to the plate will have a lot of cleaning to do. Its a little disheartening to see all these puntlander cheerleading another cade in the making when the real one hasn't done much for puntland. Puntland is a ship in turbulent waters and it needs humble, hardworking, honest, progressive and capable hands to steer it and Nuriaddin is far from such a leader. so are most of the others running and despite my ardent wish for a capable civilian, i cant help but feel the other general is the only one up to the job.

Jamster   

Gheele, I have no personal grudge against Nuradin walaalkiis. I know he is not the right man to take us out of the current quagmire. He has a very little intellectual capacity which falls short of what this task requires and to make it matters worse the man has bigger ego than our incumbent president.

As a Punite, I have responsibility to warn my people from his lies. A massive lie is that he claims to have good relationships with international figures and governments because he from London- such connection does not extend beyond Jeremy Corbeyn who is a left wing MP from North London borough, Islington. Jeremy is a man who is lost in the British political wilderness of that is Labour Back bench. I am writing a dossier that will find its way to those who are in power in Puntland, this man will not win MARK MY WORDS. I am against him not because I dont like him on personal level, but I KNOW that he is not right man for the job.

Now Gheele, run along and keep cheer leading.

Fahiye, if there is anyone with massive lies that's you my friend. I was expecting you to prove something here, but you brought little to the discussion. You said "he has a very little intellectual capacity" if that is not an arrogant and smear line, I don't know what it is. Fahiye, why would it matter whether he know Tony Blair or Jeremy who? Lastly, thank God Puntland's election aint in your hand, and your dossier will have little or no impact on his chance of winning that post.

Fahiye, tsunami of change is heading to Puntland, like it or not.

Originally posted by AfricaOwn:

quote:

Originally posted by dhulQarnayn:

^^^D'AH! The name is PUNTLAND STATE OF SOMALIA --So go imbibe that hateration juice elsewere saaxiib.

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of California

Who is your President? "President" Yey or "President" Nuradin, Cadde or whoever the heck thats running the area you hail from?
Ma ogid miyaa?

Odaygii ahaa Bare Hiraale ayaa qarsoodi ahaan u ah Puntland madaxween-- I thought you knew. Kismayo aint the only place the big man rules. Orod adeeryaal soo weydii! icon_razz.gif

Republic Of California

Samafal   

I don't know the fella but his CV looks very impressive. However, I read his CV looking to see if he has ever been in a position of high authority with big responsibilities and I find none. But then you might ask who was? All the other ones are in same position or worse? Basically all these candidates have never been tried and tested. And a matter of fact this is the dilemma confronting the Somali race. Do we opt for the inexperienced young or the oldies who were responsible for our ailments? If you ask me I would choose the young for the simple reason that they are for the future and giving them the experience now through trials and errors would help the future generations.

By the way what are credentials of the general from Sanaag or the professor from Bari? Having the titles such 'general' or 'professor' is not enough to get us through, if that would, Cadde's would have! May be this question could be answered by Soophist, sorry I meant 'Fahiye'.

^^^Fahiye's hateration of this candidate, sorta makes me wanna quote the great Miguel Cervantes when he said in Don Quixote... "Begone from my presence, thou born monster, storehouse of lies, hoard of untruths, garner of knaveries, inventor of scandals, publisher of absurdities, enemy of the respect due to royal personages! Begone, show thyself no more before me under pain of my wrath;"

Fahiye, sir, the people of Puntland will have the final say on whether or not, to give this Nuradin guy, the mandate to lead the bloody place. So quit questioning the man's integrity and qualifications and begone!

Republic Of California

Paragon   

Whatever the man is will be known when the voters of Puntland cast their ballot. I don't think either praise or rejection would help now.

It's clan elders that will decide the elections at the end of the day, Gen ilka jir seems to be popular also because he's a representative of SSC and puntland has been largely ignoring that region, the next president will have to be tough on secessinist sympathizers in SSC.

Paragon   

^So you think a president with a military background stands a better chance than a one with civil service background. To answer myself, actually most of those I have spoken to about the upcoming elections, say that the SSC issue is a deciding factor for the electorate. Perhaps the electorate nurses some wounds with regards to the Laas Caano debacle, and so want to settle a score with Somaliland. Will Gen. Ilkajiir offer such an opportunity? I know really know and I am not so keen on candidates with militarist backgrounds. I sense that somehow these sort of candidates would bring us back to square on; all due to blind arrogance and pride.

^ At this critical point in time, yes a good general with the right strategies and experience in the region stands a better chance of making the right decisions than a western educated civilian. Wether Ilka Jir is that man or not, i don't know.

I've never been a big fan of the mentality of wanting some academic from western countries to run somalia, a western degree doesn't make you anymore qualified to run a country or region.