Sign in to follow this  
Emperor

London: Meet Puntland Presidential candidate Nuradin tomorrow, Saturday 18/10/2008

peasant   

When the TFG gets a good grip of the country entirely and they call puntland on the table to dissolve it self and be part of somaliweyn that is when Cade will loose the president title but before that he will be the president of the somali state of puntland. capiche?

N.O.R.F   

^Come on now. Are you saying there are two presidents in Somalia today? Why not just change the title to 'governor'?

ps you're leading us into a whole new discussion on why PL was created and it's role in Somalia.

I had the ambition of becoming the govenor of Sanaag for the Repulic of Somaliland. You mean to tell me I can have the "President" title?

N.O.R.F   

So all these guys are vying to be 'presidents' of a 'temporary' state within a state? :D Aduunyo1

Question still stands. Why was it created?

Paragon   

Shame I couldn't go to the event. Nor could I go to all other meetings I was meant to go to. But insha-Allah I will try to catch up with Nuradin when I am a bit more better. I also intend to catch up with not only Puntland representatives but Somaliland and leaders from the Mogadishu, Kismayo soon.

peasant   

It is created to save guard the territorial integrity of the somali state and to show the world that we can have regional administration and still be part of somalia with out breaking away unlike you whiners.

Paragon   

^Norf, how do you understand it sxb? Whose territorial integrity was the establishment of Puntland meant to safeguard if not Somalia? Albeit thought of from a different angle.

Norf-It was created to protect the interest and give home to the hundreds of thousands of a particular Qabiil that uprooted from the south. It has no secessionist ambition and it won't compete with any future viable national government. And whether it becomes state or not depends on the constitution of any future Somali government. Of course, those from this region will be a party to the discussion regarding type constitution we would adopt.

N.O.R.F   

^Thanks for clarifying.

Is PL likely to be disbanded when things settle down? Back to the regional set up of the previous regime?

Norf1, why are you hijacking the thread? if there is need for clarification of the issue you have with Puntland, its creation, or its president, I guess you should open a new thread for that. :D:D

For Fahiye, you said you know the guy both in Somalia and in Pakistan, yet you haven't prove any point why he is not suitable for the post. All you are doing is to shout from you lungs and spread lies. You dismiss rest of the people in SOL and expect your opinion on him to stand. If there is personal grunge between you 2 so be it, but stol this nonsense.

About the experience thing some point out, gimme a break guys, since when experience and Somali politician go hand in hand? experience kulahaa, from Riyaale to Cadde Muse illaa iyo Bai**** inta fadhisa xornimo markii la qaaday illaa hadday badankood joogeene, maxay baddaleen?