Sign in to follow this  
DigibAc

Foreign troops in Somalia

Why does the TFG need foreign troops (Ethiopian or AU) in the country?

They dont need it. They were told by an outsider that they NEED foreign troops to solve somalia's issues. When you owe your entire existence to a foreigner,you will always be subject to ideas that are foreign to your people. Naturally,those ideas will be rejected by the people.

This is a govt led by failures & incompetent Warlords. A govt infested with a bunch of rejected & refused fools. Such an entity will always need protection from outside forces to rule its own population.

^^^Trust me they need these troops for training purposes. As for how long they will last, they have outlasted the warlords of Mogadishu, infighting, and of course the can courts..Thus they will last insha Allah.

Lake   

Originally posted by Taako Man:

DigiTalbAct3ria

The TFG has one thing the ICU doesn't. They belong to a wide array of clans. Many in mogadishu are from one clan and especially those in the south xamar feel that a government is one led by a man from Puntland who is trying to exact revenge.

Do you think the ICU could walk into Bossaso or Hargeisa without feeling clan tension? That is similar to what the TFG is facing. However many people from THE TFG are also from the "XAMAR CLANS".

Here is a good insight to the

But the thing is..In Hargeisa people will rather support the ICU than the so called TFG. A-Yusuf and his people are traitors

DigibAc   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^Trust me they need these troops for training purposes. As for how long they will last, they have outlasted the warlords of Mogadishu, infighting, and of course the can courts..Thus they will last insha Allah.

Salaam to you General. You always speak with such authority. As in "trust me they need these troops for training purposes". Why should you be trusted, do you have access to information that the rest of us don’t have access? Are you here pontificating like the rest of us or as a government spokes person?

I ask questions because I want to know... Occasionally when I have a thought or fact that I think might benefit others, I express it.

If I see good in the TFG, I will support them. If not, I will not. It will all depend on them. Right now it really will not make any difference if I support them or not.

If in fact you are a government spokes person who is simply towing the line and reading from a list of "speaking points", then make your case why the TFG is good for Somalia and why TFG actions are justified. "Trust me" will not cut it.

^^^It matters not if it cuts, the fact that we have had no central national army and police for the past 16 years highlights the need for outside assistance. The fact that many within the TFG are veteran officers from the army and police also gives weight to their request for foreign support at this moment in history.

There are other real indicators, the TFG does not have enough troops, and enough indigenous trainers. The performance of the clan courts and the warlords also shows the weakness of the Somali sodleir to cope with todays reality.

You can ask any question, but the fact that you always take a negetive bias towards the TFG highlights that you are in fact not after information rather you want to further inforce the views you already hold.

DigibAc   

Originally posted by General Duke:

the TFG does not have enough troops, and enough indigenous trainers. The performance of the clan courts and the warlords also shows the weakness of the Somali sodleir to cope with todays reality.

The TFG does not troops, it needs a political solution. There is peace in Somaliland, there is peace in Puntland, there was peace in the south during ICU times... All this peace without foreign troops. I wonder why? I think it might be because in all those cases where there is peace, there is a political settlement among Somali people.

I hope the TFG succeeds! But am not going to just let their mistakes go and defend all their bad actions. I think Somalia should have a government for the Somali people... not a government for foreign or Clan interests.

^^^There is peace in Somaliland and Puntland, but dont say there was peace in the south, there wa a state of war in the south, killings and expansion by one group against another until the clan courts lost.

What political solution are you talking about? Kindly be clear.

^^^lol. The foreign troops will leave when the TFG troops are trained. Simple really. So should not one support the recruitment and rapid training of our armed forces rather than trying to set up yet another "reconciliation talks" with the view of saving an individuals political career?

DigiTalbAct3ria

There is a valid reason why 47 ministers resigned from the TFG starting from July to August. They were mostly against the foreign troops and the puppet regime. All the decent individuals left the TFG. Only the traitorous individuals are left to represent this puppet government. Until the Ethiopians and Americans came, and even the ICU, the TFG had two years to reconcile with the people, they failed miserably. They had negligible success in promoting reconciliation among Somalis by using dialogue, at last they have resulted to foreign force and killed those who voiced their opinion against them.

This puppet regime is nothing without the financial and military assistance of Ethiopia and America. For two whole years they were incapable of establishing or hold any negotiations with the people because they didn’t had the financial and military support of Ethiopia and America. It is a puppet government which only knows the use of force, which will not work for long since the Somalis are more likely to retaliate if the TFG continues to use force as their only alternative.

RedSea   

^Very good points Mystic.Well those are straightforward facts right out of the text book,if only Duke could admit to them.

Duke Tone is right,we as Hargeysawis would rather support the ICU.Well I am not the first one to say that.You have seen mr.me,Tone is another and many more here,not because of the ill reason you made.

As for the UIC,they are still at war,their job isn't done yet Insha Allah.Not until Ethiopia is forced out involutarily out of Somalia.

you lick their boot,the UIC is killing them.

It's mischaracterization to say foriegn troops are coming to keep the peace, they're coming to prop up illegitame puppet government imposed on the locals.

N.O.R.F   

The TFG love foreign troops, if they were not/are not there they would be ousted. Simple

so much for a govnt with support of majority Somalis ey,,,,,,