Sign in to follow this  
Maymuunah

Nur or anybody else...Shaving newborn's head?

Salaama Alaykum

Does anybody know the significancy of shaving a newborn's head.is it sunna or is it a culture thing. I would really appreciate it guys if you can tell me. my baby is due next month insha allah and i am all worried about shaving little one's head..by the way what if she is a girl do you have to?

please do all pray for me that everything goes out well for me...I am excited as well nervous. and by the way is there any duaa that someone reads in cases like this or quranic verses to read?

Nur   

Maymouna sis

Baarakllahu lakumaa

................................. Aqeeqa of a Newborn baby ..............................

Aqeeqa linguistically comes from the root word Caqqa, which means when a child severes relations with parents,( Placenta is broken) in the Sharia context it means the sacrifice of a goat or sheep for the newborn baby on the seventh day of birth.

Proofs for the legality of the aqeeqa tradition.

It was reported by Samrah bin Jundub may Allah be pleased with him that he said that teh Messneger of Allah said " Every child is held us a pawn for his/her aqeeqa which is sacrificed on his/her behalf on his/her seventh day in which he/she is named and his/her hair is shaved"

It was further reported that two goats are the sacrificial aqeeqa for boys and a goat for a girl. reported by Aisha RAA. : By Ahmed and Tirmidhi

Important Information about Aqeeqa:

1. Niya or intention must be for sacrificing for Allah alone, no show off, or pleasing relatives.

2. Aqeeqa is a recommended rite, not compulsory.

3. The ideal time for aqeeqa is the seventh day of baby birth, the day is counted from Fajr adaan to sunset, so a baby born after the sunset adan, the day begins in the next morning, this is important as many Muslims make this common mistake in defining the day of aqeeqa.

4. Aqeeqa sacrifice is a goat, sheep, or a cow, no birds or chicken.

5. Unlike the Hajj sacrificial lamb or goat, the aqeeqa goat need not be perfect, no of those conditions apply, although the better the choice of scarifice the more preffered in the eyes of Allah SWT

6. When slaughtering the aqeeqa sacrifice, the same Bismillah applies like any other salughter, it should be said " Bismillah wa Allahu akbar"

7. My dear sister, the bones of the aqeeqa can be broken like any other slaughtered animal, and the hadeeth reported by abi Daud that forbids the breaking of the bones of the aqeeqa is Mursal, a subset of weak hadeeth

8. Aqeeqa is a worship ritual for Allah SWT alone, none of it should be sold for money, anyone who does sell, has not performed aqeeqa.

9. The family of the aqeeqa cerimony have the choice to eat, giving it away as a sadaqa, or as a gift.

10. If a child is born during Hajj, aqeeqa should be sacrificed separately as the two rituals are different.

11. If you dont have enough money to buy a goat, you are allowed to borrow the money if payment is easy later on, but not if its difficult.

12. There is no proof that you can give a sadaqa in the place of the sacrifice of aqeeqa, even if you pay more, aqeeqa can not be exchanged with sadaqa.

13. Holding of a lecture and explaining the aqeeqa and its rules or inviting Sheiks to give a lecture is a bidca that was not practiced before, its strongly adviced not to innovate.

Prepared by Hafidatul Salaf

Translated by Nur

salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa baarakatu

Congratulation my dear Ukhti'

May Allah always keep you smiling! may he subhanallahu wa ta'ala shower blessings and mercy upon you, your family and inshallah to the “new member†In the Ummah of Muhammad(salalahu alayhi wa salam)

Nur   

Nomads

This reminder is for those of you who are expecting arrivals, I hope this thread helps you prepare for the Aqeeqa rite the Sunnah way. eNuri and Company are very proud of your timely delivery and contribution to our endangered Somali species, keep up the hard work!

Baarakallahu Feekunna

Nur