Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

ONE PICTURE SAYS IT ALL

Kool_Kat   

Are you effin' serious @JB? I thought you were a little more manly than that sxb! Sheeko dhoocileed tan dhaaftay...Not everything is worth posting...Yar yaruuraca baa waxanoo kale laga sugaa, kuwa aan wili shiirkooda usoo urin... ;)

Kool_Kat   

^Isku mid maba aha ayeeyo...JB is behind by thirty three and half miles...Insha'allah one day *very faaaaar in the future* he'll catch up...SMH!

OOdweyne weli ma murmayaa :D

What exactly is your problem? That the Somali flag was raised on the world cup stage, the gallery seems to have like it very much?

Heesihii snm taad run moodey ninyahow. Qoor iyo xero...

Thankful   

Can anyone from NW Somalia, JB, Oodweyne, Xaji, explain to me why all the opposition leaders hail from the seem tribe? Where is the fairness and representation in there? Where are those from the easter parts of Sanaag and Sool?

The current president use to be vice-president under a man who was from the dominant group, when he died he got to be president! But why is anyone running from other groups?

Thankful   

Look the Puntland Vice President is from Eastern Sool as well as other candidates for president in 2009 elections were from Sol, the person who came in second place in voting in the last parliamentary elections was from Eastern Sanaag. He actually lost to someone that had lost the elections 4 years before that. (Even though I think Ilko-Jiir harmed himself by

becoming a minister in Faroole's government).

But that is another debate, you have still not answered my question, how is it possible in your enclave that the dominant group are the only opposition leaders? It's one thing if people run and lose, but not even being giving the oppurtunity to hold the highest office, does that seem fair?

Thankful   

I thought I was clear when I stated "parliamentary elections", which the parliament casted a vote and elected a leader, it is not democratic elections, however parliaments all over the world hold elections!

But you are obviously avoiding the question on why the dominant group in your enclave are the only ones running for president! You obviously want to side step that question because you have no response. Neither do I, I just don't understand why there are no people from eastern sool or sanaag who are atleast running and why it is only one group!

It has nothing to do with Puntland who atleast allows all to run! Ilko-Jiir almost won!

This is about NW Somalia where your elections are rigged so one group has an unfair advantage and those from Sool and Sanaag have absolutely no chance of being president.

Saalax   

Thankful , it's because the folks in eastern sool and eastern sanaag are not that committed to the nation, how do you expect people who are not even committed to sland to lead?

Thankful   

Libaahe*,

Look I am responding to JB (and the usual NW Somalia crowd), who post ridiculous topics, like this one. Revolving around how they are better than all others.

Yet, when confronted with a fair question about the monopoly in their enclave, they can't respond and either ignore the question or change the topic.

In NW Somalia you want a separate state, and one of the reason's being is that you did not like the unfair balance of power in the past and your treatment. So you proclaim that you have made a new country! However this new country is exactly what you complained about and has an unfair balance of power for one group. You see the irony in that? That all the opposition leaders running for president come from only one side, the rest are shut out! (Again, Riyaale was made vice-pres under the president from the dominant group and took over the job when he died).

Is that democracy? So should Puntland hold democratic elections like you guys have where the population cast a vote, but we make sure that the opposition leaders can only come from that "trinity gang" that Oodweyne talks about, and no one else is able to make up the opposition? As I stated before we had someone from Sanaag almost become president and lost in the third round.

Also, there were a candidates from Sool, one becoming vice president.....is Puntland's system the best?? Of course not, that is why they want to bring in different parties and one day the population casting votes. But I can guarantee you when we do have one person one vote election insha'Allah, we will never have only two opposition leaders from one group!

If you or anyone else thinks the international community and your beloved Brits aren't aware of the unfair make up of your elections, then you must be very naive! That's why I suspect you receive such little international press about it! It it's quite obvious that your elections are constructed in such a way to give one side the best chance of victory, while ensuring other have a Zero chance of winning.

Caqli meeh ha taliyee. Raggaan hadaysan xoolaha la caqli ahayn bal yaa uga futa xun haddii Konfurta Somalia iyo macal Puntland gubato oo isla wada huraan ma waxay u malaynayaan in aay nabad ku joogayaan. Intaad balaayo walaalihiin u saadalineysaan yeysan idinku soo noqonin idinka.

Saalax   

Thankful , that is besides the point the folks of eastern sanaag , eastern sool will not be trusted with the highest position as long as they are doing treasons against somaliland and not committing themselfs into the nation, dahir riyaale's peeps are equal partners because they stayed true to their original 1991 agreement with somaliland unlike some people who are keep flip-floping.

bilan   

oo kaalay haday somalia ay sii gubato ma 3 xaafadood baa nabad ahaanaya, i have never seen dad ay xumaan saan uga buuxdo Allaha idin caafiyo waad buktaane.

NASSIR   

^Well said Bilan! I'm quite amused by Thankful's comments playing the role of a devil's advocate on the "Somaliland" issue , perhaps to give this illegal entity a fine critical assessment of their claims on the regions of Sool and Sanaag, while arguing for their incorporation into the "Somaliland" long dead project.

If that is not giving a legitimacy to a self-styled tribal fiefdom within Somalia I don't know what it is. The self-contradiction and flip flop of terms, from "eastern Sanaag" to Sanaag after Libaahina applied a similar term to the region of Sool makes a perfect example of a novice learning his errors. Please note using the language of the secessionists as an attempt to score cheap points will not strengthen your position of neutrality but will rather reinforce the suspicion that an enemy's enemy is my friend.

It's time advocators of the balkanization of Somalia think of how to save and revive our republic, for this idea of federalism has even split one small city of Somalia into two hostile tribal camps, that a constant fear of killings and kidnappings have turned to be the rites of passage for its inhabitants.

Ps. Folks, I thought you would have first injected some sense into the seperatist minds of JB that the split of the Somali map is something that they desperately wish to see given their current powerlessness to extend their control or influence from Bur'o if it wasn't for that turncoat known as Haabsade. Hence their militia occupation of the city of Las Anod will be a short lived one, after which neither PL nor SL will be able to manipulate again the rightful owners of Sool region. Sanaag by contrast is a free and vast region of Somalia.

Thankful   

Nassir,

I read the article in which Dhahar.com attempted to reject the UN Security Council report, and used the same argument of how Eastern Sanaag is a term used by NW Somalis. Which made no sense at all!

If you look at Sanaag, the place called Maakhir is on the eastern side of it. Which is also the area’s where NW Somalia ballot boxes cannot go? Sanaag may be free and vast, but it is not free for someone like Ilko-Jiir that only travelled to the eastern part of Sanaag and is barred from going to places outside of it. Just like the former Puntland Pres Cade was unable to go to the eastern part of sanaag and had to settle for Ceel Afweyne, Sanaag where control is in the hands of the NW Somalia enclave.

I have no clue why you or dhahar.com is upset with the term Eastern Sanaag. Puntland is the NE part of Somalia; Secessionists are in the NW part of Somalia. The south etc...Etc. I'm thinking that you don’t like the term because it seems as if it takes away from its unity. The fact remains Maakhir made a state out of a small portion of Sanaag because they have no control on the rest of the place!