Sign in to follow this  
Xudeedi

Geeldoora, Calmadow, pictures

Xudeedi   

I was first told of these pictures and a documentary of the geographic landscape of Calmadow, Sanaag by a friend who saw it at a local TV in London that aired it.

Geeldoora is a high summit mountain when you are en route to Laas Qorey. Its tough terrain has cost lives as many vehicles were rolled over due to the bad condition of the road there and the moutainaous nature of Geeldoora Rd.

1256.jpg

DSC00008.JPG

DSC00010.JPG

DSC00011.JPG

DSC00015.JPG

DSC00016.JPG

Xudeedi   

It is indeed beautiful but impenetrable due to the poor road. As I was told, it takes days to roam in there with car because of the terrain.

I was surprised of the nomads who live there. They look blissful and content with their serene life. Is that crops he is pointing to the adventurer?

----The last one,

DSC00019.JPG. LasQoreyNet is promising another round of pictures in the coming weeks.

Sky   

Amazing scenery. Abdullahi Yusuf jokingly said once during his visit to Sanaag that he couldn't understand, with such beautiful sceneries, how on earth his tribesmen hadn't dared to take a piece from it for all those centuries.

Maakhir can you tell us what kind of wild animals still roam in those mountains. It looks conveniently isolated.

RedSea   

Beeeeeeeeeuatifuuuuuuuuuuuuul,breathtakking pics there Maakhir.It definately a place to spend few weeks.I think they have the camels there and everything,if they do,what is better than good two weeks of drinking Caano geel out there.

Thanks Maakhir.

Xudeedi   

Sky, May be Cabdulahi wasn't briefed on the history of these two tribes. The current Somali conflict becomes trivial compared to what these two clans went through in the past.

Colonel Goronyo-Cawl, the man who successfully led the army against the Ade's once insurgents said to the the founder of SSDF that his tribesmen had already attempted that expansionist attitude.