Sign in to follow this  
Naxar Nugaaleed

The city of the milky lakes

Rudiyow, Ma ka dabba oo Cassimdda Darwiishta ayad granweysey misa wat ciyaareysa? Las Anod is both figuratively and literally, Geographically, politically, Historcally, culturally and linguistically were north and South meet. A Southern gateway for northerners and a Northern gateway for Southerners. LA has and hapefully will remain a middle ground where any and everything Somali is welcomed. Yet, despite this brother, I see no need to debate where or what LA is. You are all aware of, I asume, what happened at the first visit of a "Somaliland" President. If you don't know, he was chased as far as Ceerigaabo. From that day on, the Somaliland flag was brought down and the Puntland Flag (The Flag of the Somali republic as all other symbols of Puntland) raised. At all levels, administrative officals are appointed from Garowe and Puntland's Darwiish forces protect the city. As I have said before, to what state Las Anod belongs is very clear but that it is part of Puntland does not mean it is not a neutral ground for Somalis. This neutrality should not be taken to mean a neutrality on Somali Unity. There are somethings one can be neutral about but unity is not one of them and that is why, however great the affinity between northerners, LA choose to go with its Eastern brothers. Castro's you can't be Neutral on a moving train comes to mind. For those brothers advocating the disunity of Puntlanders with such ideas of a north central Somalia, know that the elders of puntland were will aware of the Somali Saying of ama bur ahow ama bur ku tiirso and that Puntland Unity is above all, must advantageous for citizens of Sool, Sanaag iyo Cayn.

L.A. is part and parcel of the Puntland State of Somalia, and for anyone, who says it is not lives in a dream world!

The majority of the people of SSC see themselves as Puntlanders because, they know, that it is their administration formed by them together with their brethren for the common good! There is no such thing as North-Central Somalia, as there isn't such an administration.

All the people, who are politically appointed to the city are appointed by the PSS administration and government.

So lets not fool ourselves! L.A is part and parcel of Puntland State and Federal republic of Somalia!

Duufaan   

I never seen anything Ruddy knows. He is just lost in this section of the forum.

With history of Laascaanood and the war of liberation, I do not think anyone from Laascaanood is comfortable diving the country with any form. The administration of puntland and Somaliland worked the benefit of the people in difficult times, at leat ulike the rest of the country, the regions maintain peace

However a future somali federal state cannot be based on regions with borders of tribes. This time we need to stand United Somalia. Laascaanood stod for Somalia and stands for Somalia.

Finnaly Laascaanood Mageydo Su aashan.

It is very clear that laascaano is 100% part of puntland. I don't know why ppl choose to be plinded about the SOL ISSUE.

well soomaal abti i can see you are trying to be plotically correct. waxaad diideeysaa in uu hadal kaa dhaco. ;)

There seems to be two realities, one based on facts and what is happening on the ground and another SOL reality. The one Horn and Codetalker inhibit is the latter.. To suggest that LAS ANO or SSC is not in Puntland is a very bad joke.

Reality seems to be at last prevailing in this forum, there can be no question what Puntland is, it is after all a Somali nationalisitc state and one that is open to all Somali's. As for Las Ano its no different to Garowe, Bossaso or any other major Puntland city....

Horn, and Codetalker I would suggest you open your eyes..

Originally posted by General Duke:

The one Horn and Codetalker inhibit is the latter.. To suggest that LAS ANO or SSC is not in Puntland is a very bad joke.

What the hell are you talking about? I never said Las Anod is not part of Puntland. To the contrary, I believe that so-called "officials" from Somaliland were mere guests of PL admin in Sool region during the Garaad coronation ceremony, as confessed by self-proclaimed SNM "Mujahid" Ibrahim Dhagaweyne, who said:

Nin Somaliland ahi ma tegi karo, badhasaabkii Somaliland u magacowdayna shirka hortiisa ayaa lagu dhirbaaxay oo ina Xaabsadaa dhirbaaxay, arrintaasi waxa ay ku tuseysaa in aanad waxba ka ahayn...

However, unlike you Mr. DUKE, I don't see the world as black-and-white. Sool and Sanaag regions are "disputed" between two administrations in N. Somalia and military forces are stationed within miles of each other.

Don't let [clan] patriotism blind you from facts. SNM militias are over 100 km into PL territory.

However, unlike you Mr. DUKE, I don't see the world as black-and-white. Sool and Sanaag regions are "disputed" between two administrations in N. Somalia and military forces are stationed within miles of each other.

There is no dispute, the land is part of Puntland and it an act of aggression on the part of the secesionist.

There is no justification or even doubt on the issue. these areas are part of Puntland and as such part of the Somali state.

Why Horn and yourself would spew the line of the secesionist is confusing to say the least.

Gabbal   

Duke, to understand what I ment you would have to employ abstract thinking sxb. I don't think I ever said Las Caanood is not part of Puntland or that it is part of Somaliland. Las Caanoodites have made their voice too clear for me to be in doubt. Nope siree, I did not mean what you made my point out to be.

RedSea   

ASSALAMU CALAYKUM,

Although Las Anod is claimed by both Somaliland and Puntland, it's a city within it's own state. Las Anod can be linked to Puntland, because of clan affliations and to Somaliland because they were under the British colonial territory along with Burco and Hargeisa and the rest of Somaliland.

However, I must totally agree with my good friend Soo Maal that Las Anod is neither Somaliland nor Puntland. If some folks refer Las Anod to be part of Puntland well then that is were I come in to claim that Las Anod is also part of Somaliland.

So there are two choices in this matter, one is that Las Anod is either part of greater Somalia and capital city of Sool province or it's self governing city within it's own territory meaning it's not part of Somaliland nor Puntland State.

General Duke and other folks calling themselves to be PUNTLANDERS, Puntland is composed of many states that existed seperately before Somalia collapsed . I can understand the fact that Puntland came about to try to create and unite the people who share common clan identity in order to restore peace in that region, which was when there was no central government in Somalia. So my question is, since a new government (if it even deserves that title) is formed why can't this term "Puntland" be eliminated so that each and every state within what is now Puntland can have its own leader or governor rather having Cadde Muse as the head of more than one state acting idependently, even signing Mining deals with foreign companies without the written consent of the federal government itself? Doesn't this concern you?

or do you actually believe that you are "Puntlander" then a Somali second and that Puntland is a state within a state, where in the world do you ever see that happening? If you are from Mudug, Bari, or Nugaal you could say I am citizen of any of those states, but to say you are Puntlander meaning you came from all those mentioned states doesnt' really work nor does it make any sense to rationally thinking people.

Thanks for your time,

Assalamu Calaykum.

i dont give a rats azz where is this god for saken place is. if its in somalia ( from djabouti to nfd to hawaas) then its a somali city period! what part we dont understand...!

now if u believe in puntland and sland! then i hate to disappoint u homies! cuz so far, this notion is like a wet bad dream!! n thats the fact jack!!

anything else is self indulegence!! so keep dreaming wannabe next generation warlords! but watch your back!! :confused:

Rudy, Federalism works in the US, Canada, India, Australia and even Nigeria. Why should ot not work in Somalia? Or are you atow line joker with no understanding of these Somali national issues?

Mr Red sea. Your argument is without merit. This new governemnt is not a centralised entity but one based on a Federal formula that most will agree upon.

Puntland works and has done so for neearly a decade. The old regional adminstrations of Mudug, Sool, Bari etc are outadet and can not stand ont heir own. The federal constitution would not recognise every administrative state , this would create 18 federal states and for a country our size and population it would not be a realistic governable structure.

Thus this new Federal states would be no more than 5 or 6 including what is now Puntland, Somaliland.

Puntland's future is to consolidate its control over its areas and to develop its infrustructure through the exploitation of its natural resources which includes its near 800 mile coastline .

gd, your federalism looks and sounds more like the good ole triblism in wolf clothing. bascially, you wanna cut, break and steal land!!

why r azzuming no body is hip to your game!! its another lame, ill conceved gw bush trip down the wrong destructive alley...! :eek:

lol, come on rude at least attempt to understand. What tribe are you on about, Somalis are basicly one tribe, did you mean clans?

As for Federalism, it seems you are resisting to change, why not ry it the central model failed long ago?