Sarkaalnimana wada doonayiyo sado in loo dhiibo

Sagaal taliye, madaxweynayaal saami kela yeesha

Sandulena kuwada doonayaan seeja lagu dooran

Oo suruc qabiiliyo watiyo damac ku seesaaban

Marna dhaqanka soomaaliyeed kuma saleysneyne

Waxaa sidey sabaan akhirkoo waad la socotaane.’

By Jamac Kadiye Cilmi

Kugu maaley, kugu maaley Kugu maaley!

The flags of the Somalis everywhere have one thing in common, the five pointed star. This week in Laascaanood, The city of the milky lakes and the home of the braves resembled that Somali star. As representatives of all five Somali areas, Five Somali clans and Somali dignitaries from five continents united under the trees of Geedo-Qarsey, Laascaanood, in a peaceful celebration of the coronation of a new Somali traditional leader.

A century of dark colonial division, and over decade of bloody civil war seems to wash away in the Lakes of Milk, Laascaanood, as the Somalis gather to celebrate the coronation of 20th Garaad of the SSCayn Kingdom, Garaad Jamaac Garaad Cali Garaad Jamac who filled one of the oldest Somali traditional ruling seats.

The picture that greeted one in Laascaanood was an image only a Pan- Somalist could dream and appreciate, a ray of hope shone over the city of Laascaanood, a promise perhaps that one day soon Somali-weyn might sit under similar trees to discuss our future, peace and reconciliation without foreigners’ interferences.

Many say it is a good omen when all five Somali areas/countries, all five clans, representatives of contending and opposing politicians sit under acacia trees as tradition dictates. Nostalgia of our roots filled the air, importance of the dignity of our Tradition Leader was on everyone’s mind, and it seemed as though the Somali star on our flags was the guiding light that guides us to our origins, one nation. Let us hope, this noble gathering was the first step towards the right path of Somali nation and the gathering of the five points is a return to that one nation, especially in this climate, which mimics a repeat of the last century...

The New Garaad and the traditional leaders from all Somali nation were on the same page. They seem to understand the most valuable commodity a nation can own is its people. They seem to remember what makes a nation strong is its united front approach to building the nation, patience, determination, and the diligent work of its citizens towards that greatness. Is it any wonder way they were chosen and elected to the positions! The sincerity of their voices was refreshing, their genuine caring of the welfare of their people shone through. The message that came out of the gathering was one of peace and unity for the Somali people, which is stark contrast of the messages sent by the forever feuding politicians that congest and pollute the airwaves with their invective rhetoric of war, destruction and division.

Over three thousand Somali dignitaries arrived in Laascaanood, to joint the celebration of the coronation of the 20th Garaad of SSCayn Kingdom, Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali Garaad Jaamac. The guest list read who is who in lands of Somali; Former Prime Minister of Somalia, Cali Khaliif Galaydh, deligated from Djibouti, NFD, Somali regions in Ethiopia, Jubaland, Bay and bakool, Mogadishu, the President and the VP of Puntland regions, members of the TFS parliament, members of Puntland Parliament, Members of Somaliland Parliament, Independent Politicians, National Poets, Scholars, Historians, Imaams, Somali Traditional leaders from all Somali areas and clans( Sultans, Garaads, Malaaqs, wabars, Islaans, Maqaams, Beeldaaje, Guurti, Cugaal, Nabadoono, Boqoro), Singers, Dancers, Military Generals, women groups, and thousands of well-wishers Somalis gathered for the celebration. Absent were the warmongering criminals who work for the division of the Somalis and keep the nation into feuding pockets.

Miraculously, the city of Milky lakes had calming affect on the Somali politicians, it seems it appeased and quitted the constant struggle of the politicians. It was the first time that representative of Transitional Federal Somali government, Puntland regional government, and the separatist Somaliland administration sat side by side without incident, the _expression of their faces was one of conciliatory, all were smiling, greeting each other warmly, Peace and tranquility was the order of the day.

The gathering for the coronation of the 20th Garaad of SSCayn kingdom, Garaad Jamac Garaad Ali is a reflection of the need of the majority of Somalis, to coexist peacefully without division or animosity.

Kudos goes out to the people of Sool, Sanaag and Cayn for achieving such a historical event in such a short time. They showed the world that they are brave patriots, traditionalists, who understand the word Somali to mean to welcome and please ones guests. It was not a small feat to host such a historical event in such a short notice. All the attending dignitaries pay their respect to Laascaanood because the people of SSC had always stood for peace, the love of the nation, and unity. That resolve paid off this week.

Let me take this opportunity to address the Garaad of SSCayn Kingdom, whose celebration created such a historical event, I am sending him my warmest regards and congratulations to the New Garaad, Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali Garaad Jaamac, kugu maaley, kugu maaley, kugu maaley. May Allah bless the new Garaad with wisdom, kindness, just rule, peace and prosperity as Allah had blessed the Garaads before him. May Allah be please with the Garaads before him and include them those invited to Janaatul Fardowsa and May they receive offerings of a drink from Kowthar. May Allah guide our entire tried and true tradition leader to the right path which leads us away from the dark times, and lead the nation to unity, peace and prosperity, may their task be one of ease, may Allah guide them a way to restore the dignity of the Somali people!

My Somalia I wish an everlasting peace, Nabad iyo Caano.

Wabilaahi towfiiq.

Ubah Abdikariim"

Note, I took the liberty of changing clan name used in this article to "SSCayn" and the original article is posted at sscayn.com.

As this article pionts out, this event is the only event in recent times, if at all, where members of all the administrations of Somalia came togather. As I read this, I thought of two possibilities and wanted to know which one you tought would be best. clearly, rer laascaanod have a great potential to unite Somalis, should they pursue this? also, as somalis say, Ninki teesa ka so baxa aya tu kele ku darah, so should focus on their own affairs and betterment?

Gabbal   

I agree! Las Caanood truly has a position in he mediation of the Somali people. This coronation of the new Garaad was proof. I truly believe that if ever Somalis decided to seriously address peace and reconciliation for Somalis by Somalis, that Las Caanood be considered the venue. A city that is situated between Somaliland and Puntland and shares great affinity with the south. An excellent venue for a future Somali peace process if ever there was need for it.

^^^ Las Anood is part of Puntland and not between it and the other entity. But hey Horn you seem to be bent on trying to divide a sub, subclan. Why?

LA capital of SOOL, Puntland Somalia..

SOO MAAL   

Really that was a great article thanks to N Nugaaleed

Since Laascaanood proved that it is a place where every and each Somali is more than welcome, like Garaad's caleemosaar, again it can bring together opposing Somali politicians, traditional leaders, poets, etc from all regions including Somaliland, Puntland, Hiiraan, Bay/Bakool, Banaadir, Shabelle, and Juba

Laascaanood has a golden opportunity by creating peace and unity among brotherly Somali people

SOO MAAL   

Khudbadii Garaad Jaamac Ma Noqon Kartaa Talaabadii Ugu Horeysay Ee Midnnimada Issimada Oo Hore Loo Qaaday?.

May 24, 2006 By:Asad Cadaani Ibraahim

Dimishiq(Radiossc.net):-Waxaan halkan ugu horayn hanbalyo iyo bogaadin ugu gudbinayaa Aniga oo ku hadlaya magac bahda Radiossc.net Garaadka guud ee beesha Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali waxaana ilaahay uga rajeynayaa in uu ku guuleeyo hawsha balaadhan ee uu maanta xilkeeda qaaday, waxa kale oo iyaguna mudan ammaan iyo tixgalin guddidii qaban qaabada Caleema saarka garaadka oo Soomaali oo dhan u muujiyey in maanta magaalada Laascaanood noqon karto magaalo Soomaali isugu imaan karto

Arrimaheeda ku falan qaysan karto , taasoo looga shiidaal qaadanayo dadka isugu yimi oo kor u dhaafay 2500 oo wufuud ahaa kana kala yimi gobollada Soomaaliya , iyo qurbaha, waxaa iyaguna ammaan mudan Hutelada bilicsan sida Xamdi Hutel oo nuuray Laascaanood.

Waxaa iyana xusid mudan Khudbadii qiimaha badnayd oo u muuqatay Khudbadii Qarniga , noqon doontana mid lagu qoro baal dahab ah iyo biyo dahab ah,khudbadii Garaad Jaamac uu ka jeediyey madasha caleema saarku waxay daahfuri kartaa waji cusub oo ay yeelato mandiga Nugaal godan waa siduu garaadku ugu yeedhay deegaankee , waxayna horseedi kartaa isu soo dhawaansho gaar ahaan Issimada gobollada SSC, iyo Guud ahaan ummadda Soomaaliyeed.

Waxaa iyana in la xuso oo lays kortaago mudan xarunta Nabadda Iyo Horumarinta ee uu ka dhawaajiyey Garaadka guud taas oo qayb libaax ka qaadan doonta sidii loo gorfeyn lahaa dhibaatooyinka hortaagan isu soo dhawaanshaha ummadda Soomaaliyeed , mid dhaqan iyo mid siyaasadeedba, isla markaana xal loogu raadin karo dhibaatooyinka jira.

Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali wuxuu carrabka ku adkeeyey sidii loo raadin lahaa midnnimo Soomaaliyeed , si waa faqsan dhanka wanaagsan iyo diinteena suuban, xalna loogu heli lahaa dhibaatada Soomaaliyeed min qoys ilaa qaran, taasina waxay ididiilo galinaysaa xal u raadintii dhibaatada Soomaaliyeed waana mid loo baahan yahay shir wada tashi oo ay yeeshaan Issimadu si uu Garaadku sheegay in laysugu yimaado Magaalada Laascaanood oo maanta awood u yeelatay in ay kaalinteeda qarannimo muujin karto.

Khudbadii Garaad Jaamac Ma Noqon Kartaa Talaabadii Midnnimada Issimada Oo Hore Loo Qaaday?.

Tan iyo markii loo diyaar garoobayey caleema saarka garaadka muddadii labada bilood ee aynu ka soo gudubnay waxaa carrabka lagu hayey dadku ay aad ula guuxayeen sidii looga shaqayn lahaa isu soo dhawaan shaha Issimada Deegaanka , meeshan looga saari lahaa isu fiirsashada hoose , waxaadna moodaa in maalmihii aynu ka soo gudubnay ay muujiyeen in caqabadaha noocaas oo kale ah laga gudbi karo, sidii qiimaha lahayd ee ay dadka deegaanka SSC gacmaha isu qabsadeen ugana wada shaqeeyeen hawlihii markaa u yaalay,

In kastoo arrimaha ismaan dhaafka siyaasadeed ka mugweyn yihiin marka aan la doonayn in wax laga qabto hawlihii layska kaashanayey maalmihii la soo dhaafay, haddana waxaa muuqda in maanta la soo gaadhay xilli intii hore laga bisayl badan yahay , sababta oo ah waxaa la soo maray 16 sanno oo lagu kala qaybsanaa aragtida siyaasadeed oo aan horumar lagu gaadhin , dib u dhac mooyaane, intaana waxaa samaysmay 17 issim oo dhamaantood ka soo wada jeeda gobollada SSC.

Waxaan qabaa maanta in ay haboon tahay in laga faa'iideysto bisaylka siyaasadeed iyo kan dhaqan ee ay mandaqada Nugaal godan iyo hawdba ka muuqda , issimaduna ay ka shaqeeyaan sidii bulshada marka hore loo nabadeyn lahaa, marka xigtana u midoobi lahaayeen , kolka danbena Soomaali dhibaatada haysayta wax uga qaban lahaayeen iyada oo laga faa'iideysanayo Ummadda isugu timi maanta Laascaanood sidii kalsooni loogu abuuri lahaa mustaqbalka soo socda wax weyn qaban kara.,khudbaddii Garaadkuna u noqoto Talaabadda ugu horaysa ee loo qaadayo dhinaca wanaagsan.

Asad Caddaani IBraahim

asadlaska@yahoo.com

Radiossc.net

Dimishiq Suuriya

^^^ Soomaal ina hooyo do u agree with Duk that Lasscaano is part of puntland??

I don't know when laasaano became between somaliland and puntland!!

SOO MAAL   

Originally posted by wiil_duco:

^^^ Soomaal ina hooyo do u agree with Duk that Lasscaano is part of puntland??

I don't know when laasaano became between somaliland and puntland!!

Wiil DuceySNOW,

CITY: Laascaanood,

PROVINCE: Sool,

Ina hooyo SOOMAAL AFKAAGA CAANO LAGU QABAY.

WE KNOW THAT BUT THE QUESTION IS, IS LAASCAANO PART OF PUNTLAND? OR SOMALILAND

PS Be Who you are And Say What You Feel because Those Who Mind Don't Matter And Those Who Matter Don't Mind. Warlee maa wadeeynaa!!

Gabbal   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^ Las Anood is part of Puntland and not between it and the other entity. But hey Horn you seem to be bent on trying to divide a sub, subclan. Why?

Well, I didn't know I was bent on dividing anyone sxb. Care to tell me how you reached that conclusion?

I did not mean Las Caanood is part of Somaliland (not with this much Somali flags flying around) but there is something there that makes it between that of Puntland and Somaliland and not completely of one. That is why, in my opionion, that I believe it is between Somaliland and Puntland.

^

Laascaanood is, arguably, "between" PL and SL, but it is most definitely a pro-Somalia city.

Is that what you mean?

But the coronation event went as planned - well-organized with the correct political message.

Essentially, both "middle fingers" up for you-know-who. :D

Castro   

Originally posted by General Duke:

LA, state capital of Sool which is part of Puntland which is part of Somalia. So if I had concentric circles, the outermost would be Somalia then Puntland then Sool then a dot for LA. Am I right, good General? So each circle, except for the outermost one, is fully within the circle larger than it?

Indeed we are all Somalis, 100%... Comrad, I got ya..LA is an important part of Puntland, which is part of the Somali republic. Our capital Mogadishu and our flag that beautiful blue with its white Star.

SOO MAAL   

Wiil DuceySNOW,

maxaad ii qodqodasaa

Me too, I don't know when laascaanood became between somaliland and puntland!!

Laascaanood is part of UNITED Somalia under the noble blue flag

North-central Somalia (SSC Sool Sanaag and Cayn)- the birthplace of modern Somaliweyn is an integral part of UNITED Somalia that should be sufficient, the political organization within the country is not that significant, because we are from ALL Somalia first

In my opinion, north central Somalia is NOT part of either of Somaliland or Puntland

Well Somaliland is another story, because it has a different capital, flag, nationality, anthem, constitution, currency, etc

I believe north central Somalia is capable to have a direct relations with federal government without going through another party. North central Somalia should have a political voice by establishing a regional administration, but that shouldn’t prevent north-central Somalia any form of alliance or political association with other regions of Somalia, its shared responsibility of all Somali regions to observe the unity and the collaboration of all regions of Somalia.

Somali people are one people, the most homogenous world with one language, one history, one culture, one religion, one lifestyle, etc Therefore every Somali person should be more welcome and feel home in any Somali town.

Thanks for asking clarification,

lascanood who! where! i never heard of this place!! it must be between 2 hard rocks. i check the satlite map n couldnt find it! i better check disneyland aye!! its probably some where in small world! :eek: