Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Duke's answer to when will Mogadishu security imrpove???????

Mogadishu security will improve with the arrival of the AU forces in the next couple of weeks.

From that point on wards there will be some tough measure taken to bring real order to the city and root out the groups making the bombings.

1. There will be real disarmaments, of all the clans of Mogadishu

Insha Allah..

^^^lol. The plan is in the final statges, there are enough troops, and the trouble makers are known, their institutions are well known, their hide outs are well known, but the order has not yet been given to clean up the city.

Taliban   

Originally posted by General Duke:

Mogadishu security will improve with the arrival of the AU forces in the next couple of weeks.

From that point on wards there will be some tough measure taken to bring real order to the city and root out the groups making the bombings.

1. There will be real disarmaments, of all the clans of Mogadishu

Insha Allah..

Security in Somalia does not depend on foreign troops or foreign aid. At least, it never has. In the mid-1990s, the United States and the United Nations poured hundreds of millions of dollars into stabilizing Somalia. But their efforts failed, leaving the country as capriciously violent and hopeless as it had ever been. Then along came the Islamists, who during their six-month reign last year pacified the hornet’s nest of Mogadishu without foreign peacekeepers or significant foreign aid. They succeeded by getting clans to voluntarily disarm their militias and getting Somalis on the street to buy into their Islam-is-the-answer solution (Somalia is almost purely Sunni Muslim).

One Western diplomat laughed when asked if a modest force of peacekeepers — the African Union is proposing around 8,000 —could deliver the same level of stability that the Islamists had delivered on their own.

“No way,” he said, speaking on the condition of anonymity. “And the government’s urgency for peacekeepers shows you just how badly they’ve done with reconciliation.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/20/world/africa/20cnd-somalia.html?hp

^^^You never got the jist of it saxib, the security operation will commence when the AU force lands.

Also all these pundits are as ever wrong, remmeber "regional war", so lets move on.

The disaramanet of Mogadishu will start, it will be thourough and effective, the weapons in use are light mirtars, no more technicals, heavy armour and so on.

me   

^ Its guerrilla warfare,no need for heavy armor. Light mortars, snipers, car bombs, raids at night and IED's. Thats how its done, everyday the resistance becomes more specialized, the TFG militia's will run and the Ethio soldiers will join. Just see it for your self, it will get messy.

btw, weren't the Ugandans gonna come last Saturday?

Taliban   

The disaramanet of Mogadishu will start, it will be thourough and effective, the weapons in use are light mirtars, no more technicals, heavy armour and so on.

According to your confidential sources, how long would it take the TFG to accomplish the disaramament and restore peace to Mogadishu? Today, the date is the 20th of February; would it be safe for you to say the TFG would accomplish its tasks by the 20th of March or April?

^^^Dates are not that important, I would say a couple of months from now things will look rossy for the Somali people and their government.

ME, oh my the Ugandans are coming soon insha Allah and this supposed Gurrella war which has so far only killed local inhabiutants is going down the drain, you know it.

Taliban   

I would say a couple of months from now things will look rossy for the Somali people and their government.

I would hold it to you and the TFG if a couple of months from now things turn out otherwise, insha'Allah. My signature would be a reminder.

There are thousands of troops/police being trained all over Somalia, 3000 alone in Hiraan. Within a short while they shall be on the ground and inshallah they shall succeed.

me   

General Duke, you have predicted so many things before that haven't come true. So no one should believe your word, you a man who talks hot air.

So in my opinion your a liar and it doesn't matter what you say. You are also inconsistent in your claims.

Last week you was all about the Ugandans are gonna come the Ugandans are gonna come next Saturday and now its about.......yea the will come.

Now your saying there will be a reconciliation and plan, what will you say next week?

I think we all see that you don't know what your talking about. You copy paste articles and give them your own spin, your insulting the intelligence of the people on SOL if you think they will believe your lies.

^ Duke has predicted one thing. The TFG will be in Xamar. So now its about it full function.

AU peace keepers including Uganda are all but on the ground is just about when will they come not if.

me   

Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock.

Yes the clock is ticking. The count down has begun, the TFG is dead,we allknow it,its at themercy of the Ethio's.

Originally posted by Taako Man:

There are thousands of troops/police being trained all over Somalia, 3000 alone in Hiraan. Within a short while they shall be on the ground and inshallah they shall succeed.

You say 3000, make it 30000 make it even 100000, it will not save the TFG or the Ethio's. The Somali people have made up their mind, xabashi iyo calooshood u shaqeestayaal daba-dhilif ah, wax laga maqlaayo majiraan, dhukeena waan ka kicinaynaa, cadowgan, kuwiinagu soo hogaamihayna maxkamad ayaan soo taagaynaa.

We can all see how things are moving,there is nothing in the world that will safe the TFG. Talk your talk.

ME, who is inconsitant me or you? Saxib you flip flop so much we should call you fliper and pretend more than many here, you hold no position what so ever.

Saxib, my former prediction are the past, I got some wrong and some right, one thing for sure though the tide has turned long ago, in favour of the TFG.

Like I said when the governemnt was "holed up" in Baidoa, wait for the crunch, its coming again.