Sign in to follow this  
LANDER

Somaliland's incapability to gain recognition and its incompetent leadership

India   

National event like the 18th of may should be a monumental day of fundraising as is already the case in London-UK.

-Communication is a powerfull tool, we should introduce the power of the media to the people back home and not just the main cities but as far back as the small villages in Hawd etc and thus informing the country leaders that they will be held laible for their actions. Right now our people are slowly coming out of the dark and learning that it is indeed thier right to ask questions and I salute Raqiya Omar of her efferts to brings this notion to the forefornt.

This is small contributions that we in the diaspora can help with.

Peace

Dusty.

Angel, my dear what in devil’s name makes you think yours is the “reality and the truth”.

Quote “….. lobby for charties at your host country -start a sponsership programme were say numberof people sponser the wages of schools back home”. And this you reckon is how institutions are built.

So well meaning, yet so naïve in the same stride as to socio-economic structures of resource-deprived ethnic enclave, quote “…. Somaliland …. a established state that will not be another needy african nation will surely be a good start and make a case for seccession easier” .

Seeking charity on one hand and trying to persuade the adoption of secessionism on the other do not quite go hand in hand my dear, do they? One of the prerequisites of secession is self-sufficiency, self-reliability and the ability to stand on own feet, hence the validity upon which the premise in itself hinges. Charity on the other hand is deemed cataclysmic, burdensome so susceptible that no right-thinking persons(s), organisation(s) or institutional will be forthcoming in promoting a yet another deprived, needy state in an already troubled region. Perhaps the only reason to distance oneself from secession is due to the lack of resources and the culture of dependence so inherent on the part of the seeker.

Is one expected to hold rational dialogue with people with little or no understating of the subject matter other than off-the-cuff type statements circulated amongst family members, which amount to no more than disenchanted hear-say? Neither could these be substantiated, nor taken at face value. Astonishingly even the marauding ladies of Togdheer swamps are making claims for Hawd of all places. Is this not a crazy world we live in? Let us review the reasoning of Angel-Dust for a moment. Just because one was born, or resides in a region perhaps in large number by itself does not necessarily permit one to make a claim of ownership with respect to the said region or territory. The same logic that applies to a tenant or a squatter of a plot of land that neither warrants ownership rights, nor deed to the land, as one can be evicted as and when the landlord finds it to his pleasing. The same principle that just because I was born in Hargeysa does not warrant the right of claim on may part, as a Somali perhaps the right to reside, but not to rule or ravage, or does it? You see, the logic of your reasoning is not only half-baked, but blurred as you quite rightly said by you lacking of deep insight into the politics of the land. Conceptualise, deliberate and delve thoroughly into contested issues prior to engaging lest embarrass yourself by placing forth injudicious assertions and statements of claim lacking validity should you wish to engage in intellectual discourse.

Could you just set the lunacy aside and think with your minds rather than with your hearts for a change.

So long!

LANDER   

hey dusty,

I like your passion and your ideas for our country, walaal keep up the good work and stay positive. I am pressed for time to give you feed back on all your marvelous statements, but I'll get back to you very soon. BUT KEEP THE IDEAS COMING...

Samurai,

A man who supposedly “engages in intellectual discourse” does not have to resort to such ignorant and prejudice cheap shots.

;)

even the marauding ladies of Togdheer swamps are making claims for Hawd of all places

A rather sensitive chap, eh? You complain in one statement, and then reach for the shovel in another. One could hardly consider that a gentlemanly act in my neck of woods.

Besides, last time I checked belonging to “ Togdheer swamps ” was something of a compliment, to be proud of if you will – a land full of swamps by the banks of the Togdheer suitable to animal husbandry, gazing, farming and most of all natural habitat. It appears I am rather outdated in that respect if I am to take your interpretation of the terms as in their present day definitions a somewhat unpleasant. Or is it the use of the word “ marauding - going from one place to another with view of taking - partly the definition of the word as used in this context in response to Angel-Dust’s rapturous stampede in arriving the scene, which got you in a bit of a twist? And as such it is all in the interpretation old boy.

Ignorance in a rather subjective term with somewhat unpleasant connation applied with huge latitude in that one never knows what its true meaning constitutes. Of course there are many things I am ignorant of including the force that motives pro-secessionist groups, but one could hardly find it applicable in this context, and with respect to the subject matter. Prejudice, this all depends upon from which angle one views matters, and relative to the individual making the allegation. Ironic, do not think since the impetus driving the belief for a separate republic in Northwest regions of Somalia is based upon prejudicial fear, unfounded of course, and inferiority complex naturally incurable, on the part of the people in the said regions.

Come up with better leverage than this old boy for your whole future is on the balance. And if this is all the brightest and most reasonable one could come up with, may the Almighty save your souls from the abyss of uncertainty and darkness.

So long!

SamiGyrl   

Hey I have a question is Xiis barried in Xiis or is the Cityjust named for her?

By the way I loveeeeeeeeeee that nameeeeeeee ;)

Anyways, All my Lander dont waste your time with these folks, we have proved ourselves over and over again, recognition is on the way, and even if it takes time what idiot in their right mind would join with them, even Puntland is having second thoughts.

Waar Dhegdheer dhimatoo dhulkii nabadeey, enough said.

Am out

-Citizen Sami

LANDER   

Dusty,

I think the country as whole need a infusion young talented sisters like moi.

Amiin,

our country certainly needs us and its future lies in the hands of the younger generation like ourselves. How great of a country it becomes is directly relate to how much effort we put into it.

"ask not what your country can do 4 u but what you can do for your country".

I Love that quote. We should all live by it.

As for the educational system, I think some real progress has been made, I have meet some students who spent a year in a Hargeisa high school. They had nothing but positive things to say, and they seem to be succeeding once they returned here to North America. In the issue of Hawd, please disregard the misinformation being spread by some anti-somaliland patrons. It all amounts to very little fact. I doubt we will ever compromise on that region. I’ve heard of all the fund raising done in the UK for may 18th, and we in North America have recently started such traditions. I hope we can all improve on these noble intentions.

[ June 10, 2003, 02:54 AM: Message edited by: LANDER ]

India   

I agree landers if the best in the south or Anti-Somaliland are the like Samuri who not only makes cliam to Sanag and Hawad :confused: and resort to name calling the undoubtly beautiful women of Togdheer (mid ba diday u malaynaya) then may allah them.

Samuria, that our future is indeed bright no can deny---and the best that Somali can offer is Baashi aka hasan nasra aka Samuria, while the rest of the world is either feeding your starving people, trying to stop you killing each other or assemplying you a "government" what I joke. And all the while you come here with your patetic name callings. Shame walahi.

Anyway,

The basic economic theories state that there is two forms of help that a nation must undertake--one is self help the other is government help. Listen and learn Samuri. The reason we need to encourage self help( formation of schools, adult classes,establishment of small business) is to make the people self relient and make the task of the local government easier. The government we need is improving the infrastructure, building roads, sanitations etc.

To add this we need to encourage the people in the dispora to take thier knowledge home and try the best way they can to help with building the nation of Somaliland. If this means taking NGO's abroad so be it. It is that we will be a charity case it is that we will be making use of facilities and resources that we initiated to great use-get it Samuria, even the G8 nations benefit from this :eek: suprise--am sure u r not.

Now Mr Samuri-stop weilding that sword you keep slashing yourself with everytime you hear Somaliland._LOL_ Look at this way you might somday needs us to accomadate you if the wwarlords kick you out. smile.gif

Dusty,

xiis   

The only reason that people like samurai hate Somaliland is plain old cadifad qabiil. Many proponents of the so called SSH or even Puntland are anything but Somaliweyn nationalist, but in fact tribalists of the Siyaadist type. Just look who their heros are war criminals like morgan,gabyow, abdilahi yusuf, gaani, among others. Actually, it is because of such people that most other somalis from Djibouti to Kismayo are disillusioned with "somalinimo". It only takes a drop to poison a whole well.