Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Today, who is a true Somali nationalist ?

Jacpher   

audacious: Neither did I suggested Yeey is a true Somali nationalist, not I addresed him as president. Hiiraale & Yeey are on the same token. They're both criminals and deserve to be jailed if not executed.

Walal don't we call one of the biggest warlords president now? To compare Barre to those drug dealer thugs is...is...UNBELIEVABLE.

Praising Hiiraale and Af-weyne? Do I sense something here? Did you get this article from gedonet also?

I would have believed the article had I not known the facts on the ground. You're talking to someone from Iskufilan Village. Cut the crap sxb. I can name at least a half dozen people in Kissima whose family members were killed/harassed/looted by Hiiraale militia. By the way, the drug dealer thugs you mentioned were Aabe Siyaad's hit men. What does that make him?

Af-weyne

Where was Gen.Maj.Aabihii Soomaaliya.Halganki wadanka.Geesgi Afrika.Jalle Maxamed Siyaad Bare's name mentioned?

Did you get this article from gedonet also?

Nope, I got it from http://www.somalinet.com/news/world/Somalia/572

I would have believed the article had I not known the facts on the ground

Facts on the ground? Walal why don't you tell us about those "facts on the ground" that you know abouT. OH WAIT...... HERE IT IS

I can name at least a half dozen people in Kissima whose family members were killed/harassed/looted by Hiiraale militia.

:rolleyes: Ayeeyo Batuulo cali jamac........ abti maxamed sandhere........ eedo casho cali cabdullahi......... OHH SO CREDITABLE icon_razz.gif

By the way, the drug dealer thugs you mentioned were Aabe Siyaad's hit men. What does that make him?

It's funny how one fancies a dead man as our dear nomad ducaqabe.

Anigaa wadani eh. Soomaali waa is qilaaftaa laakiin dalka, magaciisa iyo difaaciisaba waa muqadas.

Guhaad, yar-yaruuraca warkooda iska dhaaf, wali heer ay ku fahmaan micnaha ee ku fadhiso wadanimo ma gaarin mana garan.

Paragon   

Anigaa wadani eh. Soomaali waa is qilaaftaa laakiin dalka, magaciisa iyo difaaciisaba waa muqadas.

Anigana igu dar ragga difaaca xagga hore uga jira sxb.

Macruuf, wallee waa runtaa. Kuwan waa yaruurac garaadkuna ku yaryahay....

Happy Independence day sxb....

In reality there is no purpose or sense to nationalism.

You did not choose to be born in Somalia therefore you can't claim to be a nationalist for the sake of being a Somali.

Nationalism can lead to facism and society certainly does not need another Hitler.

Haddad   

Nationalism is like rooting for your local baseball/basketball team. It's also like changing clothes. Some Somalis confuse it with tribal or clan allegiance. Some also confuse it with ethnicity. It's very possible an American/Ethiopian/Kenyan of Somali ethnicity isn't loyal to Somalia or Somalis. Just like when you move to a new city, you begin to root for the local baseball/basketball team. Yeah.

Jacpher   

Audacious: If you describe Siyaad Barre as “Gen.Maj.Aabihii Soomaaliya.Halganki wadanka.Geesgi Afrika†you need some serious history lessons. I am afraid history describes him quite different.

I agree Siyad Barre is deceased but that does not mean the cancer he planted in the country should be forgotten. May Allah reward him for (no more, no less than) what he earned. Ilaahey ha ku abaal mariyo camalkii uu hor marsaday.

Sxb, unlike you, I never praised a warlord. It’s you who made a poor analysis by calling a warlord a true nationalist. I feel they’re all the same, criminals that deceive people using tribe as a tool. Think about it saaxiib. Hiiraale & Qaasim were allies fighting with Morgan not too long ago. Now it’s the opposite. Until we agree these warlords are evil and be rooted out, we would have no peace & no country.

Look at all replies. Do you see any appraisal for warlord?

Sky   

I believe Somalis still are nationalists, but that strong feeling is overshadowed by clan allegiance. The latter has only increased in importance, since the 80s.

I'm a Somali nationalist, I'm always ready to forgive and forget what happened in the past, so Somalia can move on peaceful and united. When there is a batttle to be fought, safka hore baan ku jiraa. Our heritage came with a price. Wether it's the increasing westernization and arabization of our culture or toxic waste being dumped by outsiders. You get my point.

Haddad   

Originally posted by Sky:

Wether it's the increasing westernization and arabization of our culture or toxic waste being dumped by outsiders.

Is there's a campaign of westernization and arabization of Somalis' culture? I don't believe so. No one is forcing Somalis to a cultural transformation. Sure, a different society & culture could have an influence, but transformation happens with the individual's choice. Besides, there are millions who don't transform culturally. Adopting some different culture is good, sticking to some of one's own is bad (like Somalis' clan-based).

Paragon   

Haddad, you are going on about nonsense and irrelevancy. Who asked you to give us 'what nationalism is or is like or what it isnt'? The questions of this topic are: who is a nationalist? Are you a nationalist, yes or no. You either say yes or no. If you can't asnwer it then please don't digress the topic.

PS: Frankly speaking, any comment that goes beyond answering the asked question is bollocks. If anyone has something else to discuss, let them open a topic that deals with what they wish to discuss. I really don't care to see anyone's debating or analytical/critical skills. Give us a break, will you, please?

PPS: Once again I don't appreciate those have identity insecurity showing it in this topic. If you feel you are not proud of being Somali, tough luck. Sell yourself to any other nationality you wish to, but don't tell us 'somalis this, somalis that!'. For Allah's sake if you don't like something, avoid it!

Haddad   

Originally posted by Guhaad:

You either say yes or no.

Being a nationalist is irrelevant. Why? Because nationalism is a colonial instrument meant to delay the development and progress of the Third World. Proof: Nationalism is irrelevant in developed and developing nations. What's relevant is being an economic power. Nationalists are similar to sports fans and zealots.

Paragon   

^^^ I have a degree in Political Science Haddad. I know what nationalism is or isn't. So give it a rest please. Get with the topic.

Haddad   

Originally posted by Guhaad:

I know what nationalism is or isn't.

So does anyone. This is my pictorial definition of who nationalists are:

T058981A.jpg

Nationalists

This is my pictorial definition of who sports fans/zealots are:

85mu.jpg

Sports fans/zealots

What do they have in common? Flags and shouting (just to name a few).

Sincere   

Because nationalism is a
colonial instrument
meant to delay the development and progress of the Third World. Proof: Nationalism is
irrelevant
in developed and developing nations.

How would you characterize the millions of americans who have the stars and stripes proudly displayed on their cars, their front porches, even as their pc screensavers?

By this defination I am a nationalist.

loyalty and devotion to a nation that places emphasis on promoting the interests, cultural and social values.