Sign in to follow this  
Fyr

Invitation For President Rayale To Visit UK

Fyr   

Invitation For President Rayale To Visit UK

London, Feb 07, 2004 (SL Times) – A member of a British Parliamentarian delegation that recently returned from a visit to Somaliland has disclosed, that he and a number of his colleagues were seriously considering sending an official invitation to Somaliland's President, Mr. Dahir Rayale, to come to London and address the House of Commons.

Mr. Tony Worthington, a member of the ruling Labour party, who secured a 2 hour-long debate on Somaliland in the UK House of Commons last Wednesday, said the invitation was intended to enable Somaliland's president to present his country’s case before British legislators and government officials.

Mr. Worthington, the only British MP to visit Somaliland 2 times since the country withdrew from its 1960 union with former Italian Somalia in 1991, said he hoped Mr. Rayale’s visit would materialize by March (next month).

HoComons.jpg

Sophist   

I can with assurence tell you (this assurence is based upon secter info recieved from the Somali camp) that he is not coming but Adna will be doing so; for "they" don't want this thug looking to known by the world-- in anycase he is not true Somalilander in the very sense of the word.

N.O.R.F   

^^lol, one minute Somaliland is being accused of being a one qabiil entity, then the elected (ok maybe not fairly) president is not an s/lander cos hes not part of that qabiil, then there are cries that there is no such thing as an s/lander, give me a kit kat will ya :rolleyes:

BN   

Riyaale is in control of 'somalland' as much as Karzai is in charge of afghanistan or the rotating council in iraq. He is just the ugly face of a more powerful group who are pulling the strings. But I gotta give it to the guy,--he got this far with no school and barely able to write his name. Sending him as your spokesman will be the end of your perpetual fantasy. smile.gif

BN

India   

Sophist

Now our president is not a Somalilander :confused: ?

Sophist--you funny icon_razz.gif

Norf lol@ kit kit-- gis a bite then.

I have given up on these lot here----

Somalilanders---the future is bright---the future is Somaliland.

Sophist is right--I think the invite would be extended to our SUPERWOMEN_ EDNA ADAN>Inspirational--

I was in Paris recently and met with her and other Somalilanders there ---Her speech to the Dom's (department outre mere) was inspirational. Je etais vraiment impressione`.

Dusty

Sophist   

Odweyne Awoowe,

One can balderdash about things one knows intimately well of its kismet. Perhaps; it provides it something of a succour of which without it he might be in a calamitous climate politically. Then again, those who care about their neighbour’s mental wellbeing are morally obliged to come to their rescue and perhaps suggest St Clement Hospital for much needed psychiatric treatment. My dear fellow, I shall not indulge you further for I have already aired my sentiments this morning (when the ring tone of the mobile violently woke me up from much needed sleep); consequently, I shall leave it at that.

Lander,

Somaliland is synonymous with I…r which we all know that Riyaale isn’t member of that ilk! he is an optical illusion created to satiate certain things that perhaps might be in need for such a thing--- in Somali body politick this sort of things don’t really go far. Besides, Mr Worthington confirmed that he did not invite Riyale to come to London but indeed said he will be happy to see any Somali leader who desires to meet him—the chap has a lot of time in his hand! The poor back bencher desires to entertain himself otherwise boredom will prevail.

Anyhow, I am looking forward to seeing him give speech at that medieval Hall—even though one can do so without having much political status. The Somali Co-ordinating Committee convenes its meeting in the House of Commons- Westminster! So there you have it.

Let us all wait and see huh!

Sophist   

Dear Odweyne,

Your ilk are have-witted, mine have genie, you observe, we reason. From this conjunction results the clearest insight between the gulf that lies between us. It is customarily for your likes to spew hatred that is based phantoms of your imagination. I was deeply astonished for your lack of proficiency in Somali politics coupled with not so forceful voice that was coming from your end. Hiding behind mucky sentences that disgorge reeking scent which most of the readers find extremely nauseating; what dirt words you employ while speaking of men who perhaps might have wronged but indeed need not to be insulted while in their grave. You habitually speak of the dead, which mind you is against Islamic principles: as that famous Hadith goes “Laa tsabuu Al amwaata Fa inahum qad afaaduu maa camiloo” I am sure you need not a translation here—you sounded old enough to know this basic Arabic.

Dear boy, Mohamed Siyad Barre was the man who indeed let you out from your political cage; before you become like an spoiled child, the man had conferred upon you all the good things the Republic could afford. But no, you had to be pernickety child-like; and subsequently, your arrogance, greed and all the paraphernalia that comes with your character had let your down fall. You had bitten more than you could chew. And the result was one of gagging humiliation. Some spoiled men with ambition that indeed they could not afford to have led you into your misery.

My dear old boy, you are piqued and such resentment would only assist to you to inhabit your much desired chimera.

Dafle is a man of dignity and wisdom. He realised that he was indeed part of that old system and it is time for him to give his life to his family and perhaps wonder about the serene scenery in Belgium unlike your “president” Riyale who was part of that old system and reigns over you—those men who fought for your “liberty”. The same man is ruling the country you have fought for—Burco, Hargeisa and Berbera;; though the former is becoming rather disechanted with the whole thing.

Anyhow, some work awaits me, I shall leave you in your dreamland. Long live the phantom!!!!!.

Odweyne, I shall not reply to your diatribe! It is time consuming and I have lots of things to do with my limited time.

Cheerio

Thus Spake I

Man all y'all cut the crap! Great Britian got bigger and better things to worry 'bout than listen to a rebel leader from a far away and remote country like Somalia. Mr Riyale has his hands busy wit the Las Anod dilemma. I don't think its politically possible to leave the country as head of state when the nation is engulfed in a state of emergency.

wind somaliland is not in a state of emergency. just because the usa is fighting in iraq doesn't mean its in a state of emergency. its business as usual. the same is true in somaliland. the only place the tension is affecting as we speak is in the eastern parts of sool and sanaag.

Qudhac   

Mr Odweyne

i must say you have alot of energy to answer and remind "certain" people of their fate and rightfull place, you do this on a reguler basis with zest and confiction, but i must also add that there is no point in waisting your time with a defeated lot politicaly and otherwise, they are like wind up clock who repeat the same political garbage from centries ago, since the "sayid" or mad goat brainwashed them they have been stuck in political and cultural time warp confusing the HORSE with the BMW, so indeed they will recycle the same drool again and again until somehow they break out of their little time box and figure out the HORSE from the BMW.

In the mean time its a brave new world with new unquestioned chain of command in somali politics whether in Somaliland or Somalia, but ofcourse the echoes of the cult like former somali politics or the DEFEATED lot as you put will be with us for while.

BN   

I wonder if this war criminal will be arrested if he goes to the UK.... :rolleyes:

BN

So the 'Sayid' is a 'Mad Goat'? lol

How far people will go to try n get others annoyed. The honor of the Sayid as a Somali nationalist is unquestionable. So the true garbage is being spit by the hater squad. A couple of words on a computer screen don't damage his rightful place in Somali history.

In reality, this Somaliland/Puntland crap only exists outside of Somalia. It's the so-called intellects, i.e. Western educated (and sometimes brainwashed) kids, who believe in this Somaliland/Puntland crap.

Cause in reality, the average Somali nomad family looking for the next grazing ground doesn't know where Puntland ends and Somaliland begins, and vice versa!