Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Shocking pictures of execution: Mogadishu courts

^^^ On the contrary Comrad, I belive this war or status quo in Xamar will not last this decade. The age of the warlord is over, all we are seying now is their deperate attempt to keep us back. Their power is limited to their neighbour hood, even that wont last.

No need for assasination squads, a combined multi clan police and armed forces is what will end their little regimee..

Castro   

^ Civil wars and anarchies last two, three and even five decades. Ours is only a teenager. We've got a lot of room for growth and many other (now safe) areas to spread the conflic to. We're just getting started atheer. Wait till the entire generation born between 1985-1999 reaches its 20's and 30's. A generation that knows nothing but war, can't read or write and has precious little to live for. See how that makes a difference for the better.

Comrad, the theory does not suit all situations. Take Lebenon, the war there a secterian one lasted 15 years and with all their differences they have overcome them at least for now.

Somali's those in the country and outside are burned out, tired and have no will or even reason to fight. If we look closer at the country, Somaliland, Puntland and other parts are quite stable, why ? Because there are less armed groups in comparison to Mogadishu which has a large number of independent warlords. The anwer then is not despair but to strengthen the nations capacity and amed forces while at the same time limit by what ever means the power of the warlords ...

I would absolutely help finance such an assassin unit. We're still looking at a decade or two (or more) before the dust settles, however. And though it may feel like it, we've not hit bottom yet.

Castro would you include the men from the north to be part of the assassinated too?

Stabbing someone in Somalia in a public execution, at least 40% of the watching spectators must have had guns, couldn’t someone have tossed an AK in the mix, instead of a rusted knife.

Walahi so true, if he would have been executed with a shot to the head, we wouldn't have had this topic right now, but the barbaric way the man was assassinated is truly disturbing; our religion says that even animals should be killed with a sharp knife quickly, so they won't feel the pain, let alone a human being; anywaz dadkaan waxaan wax ka daran baa lagu yaqaan redface.gif

Castro   

Originally posted by Pure blood:

Castro would you include the men from the north to be part of the assassinated too?

Sorry to dissappoint you atheer but I'm mostly interested in Muqdisho warlords. I'm sure other (suspected, confirmed or self-confessed) warlords in other parts are worthy of killing but the Muqdisho ones take the cake. I believe that Somalia goes as Muqdisho goes. If that city is not saved, we might as well auction off the remainder of the country.

^Oh shut it please. Gross generalization will not do.

icon_razz.gif I'm entitled to my opinion..

Sorry to dissappoint you atheer but I'm mostly interested in Muqdisho warlords. I'm sure other (suspected, confirmed or self-confessed) warlords in other parts are worthy of killing but the Muqdisho ones take the cake. I believe that Somalia goes as Muqdisho goes. If that city is not saved, we might as well auction off the remainder of the country.

Mogadishu is the heart of Somalia and all the other problems could be fixed if Mogadishu is safe, but when you say Somalia are you including Somali-land too?

Castro   

^ No I'm not.

And just so you know, you're not entitled to your opinion. Not if it defies reality and facts. But if it agrees with facts, then it's really not your opinion but just another fact. For example, I can hold the opinion that the earth is flat but I can't claim to be entitled to that "opinion" (or any other fact-defying one) for obvious reasons. The whole concept of opinion-entitlement is rubbish.

Literally the city should be auctioned off --- btw, no one is generalizing anything. It’s about human decency --- question was the father stabbed with a knife. There could be some sort of an administrative dictation an eye for an eye, a weapon for a weapon – more like pain felt must be equivalent to the pain inflected.

And just so you know, you're not entitled to your opinion. Not if it defies reality and facts. But if it agrees with facts, then it's really not your opinion but just another fact. For example, I can hold the opinion that the earth is flat but I can't claim to be entitled to that "opinion" (or any other fact-defying one) for obvious reasons. The whole concept of opinion-entitlement is rubbish.

redface.gif Seriously dude did you hear that in one of your class discussions; just quit it.