Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Shocking pictures of execution: Mogadishu courts

Well, its really sad this poor man had to be the victim of those court sheegato;probably hailed from the minority clans; makes him an easy victim.

Xoogsade   

The court and the condemned man both belong to the same clan of Ali mahdi. If you have relatives in Muqdisho, and you are too concerned and want to find out what is real and what is not, spend five dollars and place a call, if not, SILENCE is golden. I have seen this thread when it was posted and called back home to find out what it was all about. I didn't have time to come back and contribute.

If that is not sufficient, one can always carry on ;)

Afro   

Xooga thats not accurate, the guy is from a minority,un armed clan, so there is no justification, even if they are from Ali mahdi's clan why didn't they start from Ali mahdi, yaloxow, filish, or are they too strong to be apprahended. So pls don't justify this savagery.You said silence is golden, but Silence is why we are in this mess, speaking againist these acts is the only thing we can do.

Som@li   

Walahi, it is sad to see how Moqdishu pple had the desire to see this barbaric act, and I wonder what will the next stunt of these courts?

^^^ we should always avoid gross generalisation. The people of Mogadishu are victims in all this. Mere pawns. As for the courts it would, wrong of us to blame them.

Som@li   

They say it will be deterent to crimes, how could that be when large chunk of of the crowd are kids, obviously good candidates for the next killers!

Castro   

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

The court and the condemned man both belong to the same clan of Ali mahdi.

The court has a clan now? You mean like American corporations are considered individuals? No way? I'd like to see the DNA results on that claim. Bwahahahahaha. Same clan my matako. :rolleyes:

Xoogsade   

Castro

I was addressing the minority issue which some raised and that this particular incident was not the result of preying on the weak or on the clanless person(as somalis like to put it). That is all bro. Also, Justice in Muqdisho or in Somalia is tied to clan always and it has to be done through the clan. We are back to the dark ages in full swing where islam doesn't matter and common sense has little value. Muqdisho needs an invasion force comprised of somalis of all clans to save their cousins. This tribal devision has strengthened only the faithless and weakened the good somalis who are caught in between tribal thugs.

Afro.

Aniga waxaan la hadlay xamar iyo qaraabadeyda and asked them what was the clan of the condemned man. I thought I could correct some of you and had to call before I did that. They had no reason to lie. Adiga yaa la hadashay Xamar oo aa ka wareesatay arrinkaan? Besides, it would be in the tribal news websites if the condemned man was of a minority clan. I am sure we will read about this in the future if it is true. And I will have to call back and blame the person I have spoken with for telling a lie although I am confident the person didn't. Muqdisho has too many radios and tv network. Everything is news so even if the person I talked to would get it wrong, it is a tough miss. Anyway, haddaadan hadalkeyga ku qanacsaneen, fine with me saxib. I thought I could correct something. That is all. I have plenty of things to worry about lately.

Gabbal   

Xoogsade-

What do you think about this quote from Shabelle:

Sheekha Cumar macalin Xuseen oo ka soo jeeda beelaha aan hubeysneyn

Xoogsade   

Horn, it suggests the man was of a minority clan, however, that might not be correct and one has to verify it for himself. In any case, the condemned man killed the Quranic teacher in Similar manner, knifed him to death, so it is simply a man getting what he deserves if the allegations were true. Personally, I think whoever was responsible for bringing this man to justice should have told the kid and the family of the victim the virtues of forgiveness and that they could forgo all this. The condemned has already met his fate and I hope God accepts him into heaven and forgives him for paying with his life for what he has done.

We will have to hear this from reliable sources. I personally called my relatives to see to the bottom of this minority issue. Obviously, Shabeelle news as you quoted contradicts what I was told. I trust the person I talked to and will ask them again to verify the info. And I was asking this out of curiousity and wanting to correct some people's suggestions but not that I am opposed to the morality of executing killers who take other people's lives minority or not. Waxaa xataa laga yaabaa macallin dugsiga hore loo dilay iyo kan wax dilay inay isku reer yihiin. There are a lot of unknowns to the story and speculation has no value. Murdering is wrong regardless of who is involved and doing the murdering.

Bottomline, if the accusation against the condemned man was right, I see no point for argument. We have had enough of innocent people die everyday in Muqdisho in gruesome manner and their flesh collected or scraped off from the walls. Eight or more people died yesterday and there could be a war today.

The pictures were not that horrific, what’s horrendous is how many people showed up to watch a human being suffer the agony of death – the spectacle of death is what’s worrying.

Someone also mentioned that this person might be from a minority tribe, making him a political scapegoat or recruitment sacrifice for fanatics does not correspond with his punishment. One mentioned that this will teach other killers not to kill – that is BS beyond return, the warlords militiamen cannot be executed in public-Islamic courts, period.

Should the killer be killed, yes I have no problem with that, but making it a political issue out of it is. Get a real warlord, and execute him, perhaps that will have more political clout.

Xoogsade   

Animal-Farm, They will get there provided the average person gives support to the project of ending the warlord reign. In the meantime, if some heads of forty homes come together to use islam against transgressors, so be it. It is a matter of survival for them where people don't have the luxury to debate what is better. That is the forte of others like us who live in the safety of their own homes and who have little or no connection to the danger others face daily.

On another front, did you guys know that Warlords are engaged in community building realizing the dark clouds hovering above them? one of these warlords named Abdi-Shukri was actually repairing the roads in Madiino few weeks ago and promised to repair all the depilitated mosques in the Area with MONEY PROVIDED BY THE US. Of course, this was a ploy to devide the residents after they decided to organize a demosntration against his buying and converting homes into bases from which to attack the courts in the south. He is part of the Anti-Terror coalition and He is from Aidid's clan while the majority of the residents in the area are Qanyare's. They originally opposed his measure but after he started repairing the roads and made some promises, people went back to debating and questioning the wisdom of opposition to him since he was doing some good. People even debated the use of US money going into mosques. Other warlords promised to build islamic schools and are courting the average person in town. You have heard how warlord Yalaxoow rescued Ali dheere's(the former court official in North Muqdisho) abducted son from captivity. This is a ploy to devide the rank and file of the residents and stop them from supporting the courts. Muqdisho's future is uncertain.

I have read the TFG blaming the warlords and raising the issue of the united States funding their pogroms. It is about time all the good somalis set aside meaningless blame of others because of clan sentiments and support the demise of the warlords. It doesn't matter who does it and the road is surely paved with dangers and people are at risk of dying from the violence, but something has to be done.

Take Care everyone.

^^^ I agree with you that we live in places where we have peace and security. Stabbing someone in Somalia in a public execution, at least 40% of the watching spectators must have had guns, couldn’t someone have tossed an AK in the mix, instead of a rusted knife.

The execution should have been swift, and the media also neglected to report how the man in question was found guilty --- they just went after the execution as the focal point of coverage, and the Somali populace does not ask questions.

I say lets commission a private army to assassinate all of these warlords, and evildoers regardless of their façade, whether they are becoming responsible leaders or faith based men.

Castro   

Originally posted by Animal Farm:

I say lets commission a private army to assassinate all of these warlords, and evildoers regardless of their façade, whether they are becoming responsible leaders or faith based men.

I would absolutely help finance such an assassin unit. We're still looking at a decade or two (or more) before the dust settles, however. And though it may feel like it, we've not hit bottom yet.