Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Shocking pictures of execution: Mogadishu courts

Castro   

^ I have little doubt the pictures are authentic and that a man was either killed or severly wounded. This was no play-acting, make no mistake about it. Muqdisho residents don't waste their time coming out in mid-day sun unless real blood is being shed. As sad as that is, it is also true. But everything else outside of these pictures is questionable. The motives, the beneficiaries, the victims and the real perpetrators are all intertwined and interconnected. It's bloody mess indeed and very indicative of the bleak future we face.

As for Abdillahi Yuusuf (and the TFG), well, if he would stay in Somalia long enough instead of collecting frequent flier miles all over the world, he may actually make a difference, however small. At this time, he and his government are not even marginal players on the scene.

^^^ I do like that last point. The government seems confused as to their responsability. No one has even commented on this major news, while every news agency is reporting on this and further tarnishing our image. Our TFG is quite, maybe the life of one individual and his family dont mean much to our leaders...

Muqdisha si gaar ah baa inkaari ugu dhacday. Hadba meel bay ka furmaysaa.

But i still believe that this is not what Mogadishu Islamic courts are all about. The good ones outnumber the bad ones, and the amount of good work made possible by them is too numerious to count.

Castro   

^ Xamareey xaalkaa ba'.

"The warlords, through US support, have caused so many deaths of innocent civilians in the recent fighting in Mogadishu," said Abdullahi Yuusuf.

He's certainly saying the right things but is it too little, too late?

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Castro:

^ Xamareey xaalkaa ba'.

"The warlords, through US support, have caused so many deaths of innocent civilians in the recent fighting in Mogadishu,"
Abdullahi Yuusuf.

He's certainly saying the right things but is it too little, too late?

ISN'T HE ONE OF THE MAJOR ONES?

RedSea   

Are you people out of your mind, the man killed someone and he was killed for him for that reason. What is this innosence nonsense that I am hearing about? There is nothing innocent in killing someone. Case closed.

Castro   

No talk of innocence, atheer. Just due process, jurisdiction, hiding under the cloak of Sharia and using real blood for propaganda purposes. Those are the issues being discussed.

Originally posted by Jaylaani:

ISN'T HE ONE OF THE MAJOR ONES?

To be fair, yes, but he's no longer. He's a former warlord/strong man. Now he's the head of a state. I'm pretty sure the Somaliland executive branch knows a thing or two about how that process works.

Ilaahayow sidan noo dhaam.

Originally posted by General Duke:

Yusuf Addia, Some good points indeed. What is our take on the whole Islamic Courts and the latest clashes in Mogadishu?

My words are not in themself words to be followed on the basis that they are my words, especially if they fall on rocks. I have mentioned in other previous posts about authourity in Islam. If any of you know Tareekhatul islamiyyah one would know that the downfall of Islam started when the authourity or ruling structure of Islam was changed in the times of ALi and Muawiyah ®. Up to this day Muslims all of the world still cannot get their ruling system n place even though Nabi (S) made it clear on how it should be. Personally i believe that in the absence of such a structure the people in general all commit a sin and according to some ulema this sin generates on a daily basis starting on the fourth day after the islamic system was abondoned. A good example of a muslim country that cannt get its act together is Iraq.

Secondly: it is gurgitating to hear Somalis talk as if they are an entirely different specie of human beings in terms of their loyalty to clanz, warfare etc. I think the moderators should also blacklist such talk as it only builds up a baseless pride in somalis heart, which in turns makes it harder for them to come to the table.

thirdly & Lastly:the recent incidents in Xamar well... it would make no sense for me to comment on them as my opinion cannot change the situation especially as the fact is one cannot truly substantiate true or false in Somalia now. But on principles of siyaasa no islamic court has the legality under the banner of islam if the ruling system is not in place, that is why in saudi their courts seems to be so barbaric. Again not because it is labelled grade A means it is.

OK i lied this is the last one for sure. I noticed someone was saying that they don't mind foreign troops coming into Somalia, however if we are muslims then we should act like muslims and do as we art to do. if we want to change up the words of Allah then we should denounce islam and invent a better religion, rememebr allah does not need any of us for anything. I say that because under Islamic Law no other armed forces are to be present in a muslim country other than muslims. If that is the case then the country ceases to be a country under Islamic terms such is the case of Iraq and Somalia if that happens. Somalia is the only muslim country where muslims kill each other without shame on a daily basis, so much so it is a norm. Thus soomaliyyah is the KEY for muslims in this world to regain their dignity as allah says, whenever you raise arms against yourselves i will raise my rahmat.

NASSIR   

I concur with the author of this piece.

Mogadishu Islamic Court Justice: Stabbing to death in public

For we have reached the place …

Where you will see the miserable people,

those who have lost the good of the intellect. --- (Canto III) DANTE, Inferno (Adopted from Links by Nuruddin Farah)

A few days ago in Mogadishu, a young boy of 16 stabbed his father’s killer to death in front of hundreds of spectators who watched as a photographer from Shabellenews took pictures that portray the graphic horror that unfolded before them.

No one tried to stop the horror. The poor man, who stood near a tree, with a hood covering his head and chains tying his feet and hands, fell to the ground after being stabbed in the neck. The boy finished him off by stabbing him repeatedly in the chest while the poor soul lay writhing on the ground.

Regardless of the guilt of the man, the manner of his execution makes one shudder in disgust and horror. It seems that the death sentence and mode of execution were passed by one of the multitude of Islamic courts that sprang up in Mogadishu with the lack of a strong central government.

Islam instructs us to slaughter sheep humanely by using a sharp knife that cuts the jugular vein quickly to prevent the suffering of the animal. In Saudi Arabia, one of the few countries that practice public beheading, the executioner uses a sharp sword that cuts the head of the accused with one stroke bringing immediate death. The barbaric execution that took place in Mogadishu violates these instructions and gives us a picture of cruelty, barbarism, misguided justice and failure to appreciate the value of human life.

This cruel execution brings to my mind a story in the novel links by the great Somali Writer Nuruddin Farah in which the main character in the book, Jeebleh, stops a young boy from torturing an Alsatian dog in labour. Jeeble intervenes forcefully and drives the boy away. He then helps the dog deliver its litter. Jeebleh nearly lost his life when two young men sneak into his hotel room and try to murder him. Jeebleh wonders whether the assassins were after him for the way he treated the elders of his clan in an earlier encounter or for helping the Alsatian.

When I saw the pictures of the execution, I thought that I was in a dream and reading a chapter from Links. But this is was no fiction. It is a real story that actually took place in Mogadishu. Only in this case of the poor man stabbed to death by a 16-year old boy, the crowd lacked a courageous soul like Jeebleh to prevent the barbarous act. Any one trying to protect the poor man would probably have faced the same fate.

The case of this man raises an important issue apart from the way that he was executed. Was the man from a small clan that could not protect him and demand a proper way of execution? There are precedents to this in Somalia.

A friend of mine told me about a man from the south who was hanged by a mob in a village between Qardho and Bosasso. The man allegedly raped an old woman in the village and his punishment was death by hanging. Another friend of mine told me about a woman that was stoned to death in Hargeisa after the city fell to the SNM. Although the three incidents are different, they share the same mode of barbaric and cruel execution. They also share the fact that the executed person may have hailed from a minority clan that could not protect his/her poor soul.

In Mogadishu there are hundreds of murderers who kill and rape with impunity. Their crimes go unpunished because of the strong clans protecting them. The Islamic law of Mogadishu seems to apply to the poor, weak and unprotected. No one condones the act of murder committed by the executed man, but the manner of his execution is reprehensible. If there was a need for his execution, it should have been carried in a proper Islamic manner.

This incident clearly portrays the need for a strong central government in Mogadishu that brings back law and order to this troubled city held hostage by warlords and Islamic courts controlled by cruel individuals who practice laws that are far removed from true Islam.

Let us all condemn this barbaric act and pray for the people of Mogadishu.

Ali H abdulla

aliegeh@gmail.com

Abaadir   

Soomaali maxaa ku dhacay! anagoo arkaynaa wadankii faraha ka baxayaa. mid kastaa waa isla saxan yahay.

Walaahay.... afkii baa juuqda gabay weeye. Ilaahow canaasiirtaan dadka ka qabo.

All i have to say is that how this was carried out was sickening,disgusting and least to say worrying as you can see on the pictures provided that many parents brought their kids as if it was a family day out. As another nomad pointed out that Africas city of guns couldnt find some bullets to carry out this exucution is ridicolous and that it was carried out by the son and not a butcher but also sponsered by one of these so called 'courts' who supports the Alliance of Dhiigyacabes.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Castro:

No talk of innocence, atheer. Just due process, jurisdiction, hiding under the cloak of Sharia and using
real blood for propaganda purposes
. Those are the issues being discussed.

isues being discussed my foot sxb. Listen "adeer" what is your take on this issues then? I don't hear anyone feeling sorry for the real victim here whom was cold bloodly murdered by the executed individual.Whether the courts did the right thing or not, the man killed someone and he was excuted for that reason only,so now tell me what part of he who kills someone should be killed for don't you understand?

Sidii wacan ba Allah og, so I will leave this issue up to the best of judges in my part; Allah exalted in might. I have my ears closed from any of these arogant and so called discussions that you people possess.

P.s. Abdullahi Yusuf is still remains to be a war lord no matter what any Xaawo and Farah say.

Illahow sidan noo dhaam.

Ma waxaad ujeeday Illaahow sidan siidhaanta naga yeel. Because Allah is always perfect and doesn't to improve anything.

Assalamu Calaykum.