Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Shocking pictures of execution: Mogadishu courts

-Lily-   

We can all agree it was a disgusting and inhumane way in which this man was killed. I mean, like Naden said, couldn't they have shot him? You are not even allowed to kill ANIMALS this way but its ok for a human? I DO feel sorry for the man regardless of the fact that he was a murderer because I am a human being and it bothers me to see others in pain, something that these large crowds lack. No matter how we try to explain it away our instinct tells us it’s wrong. It's very distaseful for Shabbelle or any other Somali website for that matter to show pictures and details of the killing, where was that photographer's humanity?

Who sanctioned these courts? Did they inform the citizens of Mogadishu publicly of the punishment of crimes? Who can guarantee that these so called Sheiks haven't murdered anyone in the past themselves? And why was 'justice' carried out by family members and not the court itself? Will this become another Saudi Arabia, where only the poor will be used to extract full measures?

There are too many dubious holes in this and you can’t expect us to accept it as legitimate.

Yes our religion says kill the one who has killed another, but does it say that this is the only way to deal with it? What happens to the part where Allah says if you truly repent than he can forgive anything & everything unless it's Shirk? And even shirk is forgiven if you repent with sincerity before your death. When Allah Himself does not take full justice, (eg. He forgives sinners despite their mountains worth of sin) then why can't we forgive? Don’t you think if this man had repented with sincerity he would have been forgiven? Or had a chance at being forgiven?

What will stop this youngster from killing again now that he has already killed? Will this 'scare' a population who has seen rape/murder/mutilation for 15 years? NO, it will only serve to make them immune to graphic violence.

p.s. To the person who was saying that there was no child molestation in among Taliban members, you would be shocked to find there is just as much child abuse in Muslim conservative countries than in western countries.

Afro   

Sheikh Ibrahim Mohamed Nur, an imam in the Bermuda district of the capital, said: "Islam is the only solace to the overcome the difficulties we are facing. The justice of Allah has been implemented and there is no better justice than what Allah reccommended

Subxaanalaah, Justice for the poor and unarmed, altough I don't know the guy's clan, I am sure he is from the weak unarmed tribes of mogadishu, do you think he would be excuted if he was from the BIG BOYS of Mogadishu? I doubtit. Where is the justice when Qanyare, yaloxow, bashir raage, filish, etc,murdered many people in mugadishu for the last decade, and recently last few weeks, where is the justice for the 49 road blocks scattered around Xamar and people are robbed on daylight by these thugs, where is the justice when there are estimated 60,000 armed men in Xamar most of whom have commited attrocities in the city and all over the southern regions, where is the Justice. In Xamar justice is carried on thoes who are unarmed, that is for sure. Please don't bring Allah into this filth.

Allah is just, and justice is blind, no matter your status, wealth, clan, justice is not dicriminate.

I have been disturbed by this whole thing. This court is th only one for a long time to hold a public execution. As soon they do this and the whole of Mogadishu get the name of the court in their mind. Then a few hours later, this NEW court joins the alliance of warlords against the other Courts.

Can be all this be a coincidance. I belive it is a plot by the warlord.

This is the tragic indeed. May there be peace..

Gabbal   

Can be all this be a coincidance. I belive it is a plot by the warlord.

Those of us who want to understand that part of the equation have already figured that out. This countless "wadaado, Islamic court" balooney in this thread has gotten on my nerves knowing this is only a publicity stunt garnered to embarass and give a bad image to the real Islamic Courts. For heaven's sake this court joined the Anti-Islamic Court alliance right after the incident.

This is a fake Islamic Court.

It is good to see muslims debating on subject like. Thanks mainly to Saudi Arabia the process of ijtihaad is almost alien to muslims. I must say that even if the Quran or hadith says to do something in a certain manner there are always criterion that are mandatory for that action to be implemented. In this case the sheikhs who declared this punish were completely wrong and against the Usuuls of Islam. BTW, do any of you know if these sheikh studied in Arabia or under Wahhabiyyah Fiqh? I'm sure they did based on their actions. Secondly and lastly, this goes to all somalis as well. Indeed the statement "i am a muslim is not enough to be, if it was then the jews would be God's chosen people" for those of you who don't understand in layman terms, someone can say they are something but their speech does not have the authourity to declare such and if someone tells you that you are not and you kill him for example that person dies but the fact of what they said still remains, so one's actions in that case would clearly be the results of ignorance, and glory to the man who has died for his killer has given him a key to Jannah!

Castro   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

Castro, either Somali is very difficult for you to read or you are in one of your former modes again. Doofaar ma daahiraa la yidhi.

War ileen balaayo. LOL. Atheer maxaa ku qaatay? What's with the harrassment old man? Not even the Xoogsade principle is applicable here for you're neither a female nor am I a goat herder on Brokeback mountain. :D

If you find Somali challenging, this piece from Shabelle Media Network, the original publisher of this gruesome picture, is reporting that the court have rushed to carry the execution because the relatives of the victim have agreed to receive blood money. As most of you have guessed the executed man is from the minority clans and his immediate family is accusing the so-called Islamic courts of keeping them in dark of the day and the time of the execution. The family is also reporting that they had an understanding with the family of the murdered man to receive restitution from them as per sharia.(Islamic Law).

------

Last Updated Thur, April,04, 2006,13:30 Pm--Mogadishu Somalia

Ehelada ninkii la qisaasay oo eedeyn u jeediyay Maxkamada Makka Al-mukarama

Mogadishu 04 May. 06 ( Sh.M.Network) Ehelada gacan ku dhiiglihii dhowaan ay qisaastay Maxkamadda Makka Al-mukarama ee ka soo jeeda beelaha laga tirada badan yahay ayaa sheegay in aaneey waxba kala socon xukunkii ay ku fulisay Maxkamadaasi, iyagoo ku tilmaamay in uu ahaa mid lagu fududaaday.

Leyla Axmed Nuur (Leyla Gureey) oo iyadu ah xaaska uu qabo ninkii la qisaasay adeerkiis oo si gaar ah gacanta ugu heysay la socodka iyo daryeelka Marxuumkaasi intii uu ku jirey Maxkamadda ayaa ku cataawday in aaney waxba ka ogeyn markii uu dhacayay xukunkii qisaaska ahaa ee lagu fuliyay wiilkooda.

Waxa ay intaasi ku dartay in ay ku heshiiyeen ehelada laga dilay marxuumkii horey u geeriyooday in la bixiyo diyo , balse maxkamadu ay go'aan ku gaartay in ay qaado xukunkaasi, oo ay sheegtay in uu ahaa mid aan loo dhameyn.

Sheekha Cumar macalin Xuseen oo ka soo jeeda beelaha aan hubeysneyn oo ay xukuntay Maxkamadda Makka Al-mukarama oo aan awood u laheyn in ay qabato mid ka mid ah beelaha Hubeysan hadii dabmi uu ku galo maxkamadda horteeda marka laga reebo beelaha laga tirada badan yahay oo fagaarayaasha sidii larabo xukun loogu fuliyo

^^^^Basically, this case summarizes what is wrong with Somalia. The “Sheikh†who ordered this execution is a criminal hismself and has to be brought to justice. The Federal Government has to use this case as a documented example of the lawlessness that is prevailing in Somalia and the need for the army embargo to be lifted so that individual rights have to be protected. The Security Council is wrong in perpetuating the pain of the Somalis. It either has to send troops to Somalia to protect the weak or has to help arm the Somali Government to play its natural role of creating peace and security for her citizens.

Baashi   

In my humble opinion, the courts seems to apply selective justice in ad hoc manner. Justice in courts' jurisdiction requires political support. In other words, clan support for the application of justice is not only necessary but it is also the integral part of the courts power base.

The other side of the coin is that the minority clans in Mogadishu often seek the help of the courts to settle their problems.

Castro   

There seems little doubt of the guilt of the accused but what jurisdiction does this so-called court have? None, if you read the "news" on Somali websites. "Islamic" court or not, if what Nayruus just posted is true and looking at the manner with which the execution was carried out, it is an illegal execution civilly and Islamicly.

The credibility of many Somali news sites is almost non-existent. The brutality of Somalis towards each other in Muqdisho is abundant and well documented. The politics of this whole saga and who tried to "frame" whom is irrelevant. After nearly two decades of wallowing in manure, everyone (including the "courts") is knee-deep in it.

ElPunto   

^And to add to the misery - various warlords will claim that Al-Qaeda is rife in the country as per this action and will seek arms and aid from the US et al who are itching to find Al-Qaeda behind everything that happens in the Islamic world.

-Lily-   

So basically out of the million or so possible murderers roaming Mogadishu this one was selected for special treatment?

I for one would support any army restoring order in Mogadishu, whether Ethiopean /other Africans/Americans/Europeans or dogs if this is the alternative.

^^^ I belive the media reporting is also accurate. Some of the warlords in the alliance gae full support the this execution and the "court" claims that the money from the warlords made this public service possible..

Xuseen Guutaale"Isbaheysigu aad buu u soo dhoweynayaa dilkii qisaasta ahaa ee ay fulisay maxkamada Islaamiga ee Makka Al-Mukarrama"

Afhayeenka Isbaheysiga nabadda iyo la dagaalanka argagixisada Xuseen Guutaale Raage ayaa ka hadlay dilkii qisaasta ahaa ee ay fulisay todobaadkan maxkamadda Islaamiga ah ee ku taalla deegaanka Bermuuda ee Maka Al Mukarrama iyadoo uu sheegay Isbaheysigiisu inuu si weyn u taageersan yahay falkaasi qisaasta ahaa ee lagu fuliyay gacan ku dhiig lahaasi.

Ceelbuurnet/link to the story..