Sign in to follow this  
Yusufaddie

is the Col. absolved?

Does this mean that he is absolved from the crimes he committed? what if Somalia gets united and all and a human rights commission is set up to investigate atrocities what then? Sorry to say but give man hope and he will believe, more rational people will settle for a lost than rely on hope. I believe as someone said in another post "Somaliland has an even more reason to claim independance now" which i agree and the sad side is how the Col. will use his newly found powers to quell the conflict. After all time is the judge.

Rahima   

Sure enough the man is not innocent, but he will know how to best handle the warlords, such minds think alike ;) .

One thing i am looking foreword to is the way he will handle any opposition- who knows he might after all do us the favour of getting rid of the other warlords :D - I suppose we can live with one.

I hope my friend was correct; with any luck his ruthlessness will pay off in this situation.

As for Somaliland, if indeed this is successful, then I don’t see under what grounds they will continue to seek independence.

OG_Girl   

Well, No one is Innocent . Since Somalilanders say they forgave " Rayaale" sure we can forgive him if he promises that he wont back his old habbits ..lol . I would say like Arab say in this situation " 3afa Allaho 3ama salaf"... Allah forgave what was before. I wouldn't mind if he comes and declairs he is a new Muslim :Dicon_razz.gif .

Salam

Rahima   

sure we can forgive him if he promises that he wont back his old

That i am hoping. How nice would it be if he repented and made that promise to the people of Somalia. Life would be so sweet smile.gif

Dare i say, i would be the first to give him a hug of congratulations :D (not literally of course ;) ).

The thing is that we all know you can't teach an old dog new tricks especially if he is from Somalia, and just it is the hope that his rule might come with his natural death we must remember that in death there is life hence new warlords can spring up after him. Perhaps it might be the business men who knows or organized gangs to loot the businesses sinking the country into another economic depression. Sorry for sounding negative but if all the negatives are dealt with only the positives remain.