Sign in to follow this  
wind.talker

Eritrea's involved?

Col Yeey (and his allies) is supported (financially, politically and militarily) by Ethiopia. Now, there is a report that a shipment of arms has landed in Dayniile airstrip of Mogadishu (controlled by Qanyare) from Eritrea. On previous occassions, there had been reports of arms shipment arriving in Boosaaso and Beledweyne from Ethiopia and Yemen.

These two countries - Ethiopia (and Yemen, to some extent) and Eritrea - are readying for the continuation of their war through a proxy war in Somalia. Who'll die? Somalis. Who'll suffer? Somalis. Who'll regret it in the end? Somalis. Soomaaliweyn wax badan ummada kale way ka faaneen oo iska wayneeyeen. Maanta ayaaga sidii "chess game" oo kale lagu cayaaraa.

Hub ka soo dagay Garoonka Dayniile

MUQDISHO - Warar lagu kalsoon yahay ayaa shegaya in maqribnimadii Jimcaha ay garoonka diyaaradaha Dayniile ay ku soo degtay diyaarad siday shixnad hub ah oo ka timid dalka Erateriya.(Jun25)

Lama oga cadada shixnada hubka iyo noocyada uu ka koobnaa balse warar lagu kalsoon yahay ayaa sheegaya in hubkaasi qarsoodiga ah uu u yimid kooxaha ka tirsan dowladda KMG ah ee ku sugan magaalada Muqdisho kana horjeeda fikradda Madaxweynaha.

Imaanshaha hubkan ayaa ku beegmay xili ay jimcihii shir albaabada u xirnaayeen ay isla garoonka dayniile ku yeesheen wasiirada hubeysan ee ku sugan Muqdisho kuwaasoo sheegay iney ka shirayeen adkeynta nabad gelyada iyo dardargelinta howlaha Muqdisho ay ka wadaan.

Si kastaba ha ahaatee, waxaa iska cad in rajadii laga qabay dowlad heshiis lagu yahay in ay u dhalato Somaliya ay sii yaraanayso, iyadoo hada ay u muuqato in ay bilaabayaan qaybaha isaga soo horjeeda siyaasada isla markaana ku wada jira DFKMG ah hub isu urursi.

GaroweOnline.com

Paragon   

^^^ Eritrea can't afford to stay away from Somali politics as long as Ethiopia is playing a crucial part. A clear view of the pattern of Eritrea's likely involvement in Somalia, can be easily observed by looking at the chess game that is played over the strategic ports which Ethiopia has (or wants to have an) influence upon, and other ports which Eritrea may supporting. Kismaayo's port is now controlled by anti-Ethiopia forces (ie. troops that hail from regions that had border conflicts with Ethiopia; Gedo or other regions).

The port of Kismaayo being controlled by the said forces, may (or may not) be used to import arms for those who are against Ethiopia; ONLF and others (including the oromo), who fight within Ethiopia and at its borders. Eritrea wishes to find a place that it can route the arms or help they wish to provide to those fighting Ethiopia, because, as is the case already, Sudan and Ethiopia are doing the same to Eritrea. These two countries (Sudan and Ethiopia) are concerned and are united against Eritrea's erratic attacks on their territories. This is a concern even Yemen shares with them.

Marka port is also controlled by another anti-Ethiopia force (Indhacade), who was affraid of Baidhabo falling into the hands of pro-Ethio forces, where now a section of Baidhabo functions (not sure) recieves/d support from Eritrea.

Now if you look at the twists and turns of Somali warlords and their politics, you would be able to see a developing pattern in their decision-making, which seem policy-relevant(that is the policies of Ethiopia and Eritrea). Both Ethiopia and Eritrea give out funds for specific projects that are to be implimented within Somalia, nothing else works. If any warlord wishes to apply for such support from these countries, he may have a project proposal to deliver to these two countries.

PS: Keeping in mind the recent port agreement on Ethiopia's usage of Berbera port, the same involvement is applicable, also to Boosaaso. Eritrea has gone insofar as claiming that Ethiopia will using Berbera port to import nerve gas which will be used against Eritrea.

PPS: I am not againt or supportive of any function in Somali politics, I only happen to be an observer than a participating individual.

--------------

Maxmed Dheere oo warsaxaafeed uu ka soo saarey Jawhar ku dhaliiley Madaxweynaha Ereteria

Jawhar-27.June.2005 Guddoomiyaha gobolka Sheellada Dhexe Maxamed Cumar Xabeeb (Maxamed Dheere)ayaa warsaxaafadeed uu maanta ka soo saarey magaalada Jawhar wuxuu si kulul ugu dhaliiley Madaxweynaha wadanka Ereteria Asiyas Afawarke oo uu sheegay in ciidamo Oromo uu soo dirayo dalka Soomaaliya.

Maxamed Dheere wuxuu ku sheegay warsaxaafadeedkiisa in ciidamo Oromo ay ka soo degaan garoonka diyaaradaha ee Bali-doogle ee gobolka Shabeelaha Hoose, kuwaasi oo uu sheegay inay doonayaan inay halkaas kaga duulaan Wadanka Itoobiya waa sida hadalka uu u dhigay’e.

Sidoo kale wuxuu warsaxaafadeedkiisa ku sheegay in garoonkaas ay hub kala soo degaan kooxaha ka soo horjeeda DFKMG ah ee Soomaaliya, Wuxuuna si gaar ah u soo qaatey Maxamed Qanyare iyo Muuse Suudi.

Maxamed Dheere oo dhawaan loo magacaabey lataliyaha xaga amaanka ee madaxweynaha DFKMKG ah, wuxuu hanjabaad ku baxshey in hadii aan la joojin ciidamada Oramada ah oo uu sheegay in laga soo dajinayo garoonka diyaaradaha Bali-doogle uu talaabo cad ka qaadi doono hawsha ka socota garoonkaas, waxaana intaasi uu ku darey in qoraal ka hadlaya arintaas oo cadeyn ah uu u gudbiyey wadamada Urur Goboleedka IGAD iyo Qaramada Midoobey.

Sidoo kale Maxamed Dheere wuxuu si kulul ugu weerarey warsaxaafadeedkiisa qaar ka mid ah Ganacsatada Magaalada Muqdisho oo uu sheegay in ay wadaan abaabul ciidamo iyo hub urursi ku aadan sidii ay uga horimaan lahaayeen DFKMG ah e Soomaaliya.

Axmed Xasan Mahad

SBC Jawhar.

OLOL   

because of the treacherous conspiratorial nature of Yeey and the blatant idiocy and short-sightedness of the useful tools in Jowhar, because of the likes of the buffoon of Jowhar and his latest tirade and accusation against the powerful vested interests of certain Mogadishu clan, coupled with the fictitious Eritrean government, Oromo and western Somali Liberation movements, and Indha Cadde’s most recent response to Mohammed Dheere and his meeting with the JVA representative, I predict an evitable warfare in the south and this time it will be a very decisive and destructive one.

I am sure Ghedi and Mohammed Dhere are counting on militias from Beledweyne and Puntland. Their strategy is to isolate Galgaduud and southern Mudugh. Their immediate plan is to wreak havoc in Guriceel & matabaan. But they will fail within minutes and may even lose Beledwyne. The religious courts and their powerful militias will get involved and it will be another Jihad. Western Somali liberation movements will join the battle and also expected to join will be forces from other regions of Galgaduud and souther Mudugh.

Xaabsade’s RRA side, Indhacadde’s Lower Shabelle faction and JVA will be engaged in Jubba and Bay theatre by Ethiopian forces and Shatigaduud’s RRA side. there will be winners in this one. Indha-Cadde's domain of influence will widen.

Well, the powerful Qanyare and Sudi militias will be attacking Jowhar and Caato will back up his brethren in Mudugh. again no immediate winners, just a senseless blood letting. it could have some effects in Mogadishu and its vibrant commercial affluence will be interrupted for good.

there could probably be some skirmishes in the the disputed area of Sool and Sanaag regions between Bari and Waqooyi forces.

It is a new civil war all over again. at the end, the outcome, more destruction, more killings, somali's ultimate demise. by this time Yeey has given up the ghost!

Duufaan   

As long as the warlords from Galgaduud region dominating and occupying much of southern Somalia with monopoly of economic recourses, any Somali government will not succeed. Another round of warfare in south/west Somalia is not too bad, at all for indigenous people of that region and Somalia. LET THE FIGHT GO ON! I have to say Moqdisho warlords are better prepare, more aggressive using their military, political and economic power fully. They are very confident with their military recent and past success and I am not surprise if they do not attack Jowhar the next two weeks. This will give political leverage they need after the failer to remove moqdisho road blocks and DKMG is getting world support both politically and economically. C/LAAHI YUSUF and His political supporters do not understand the era of political maneuver in Somali is over, it is all about economic interest and Military power. What else, you expecting Moqdisho warlods? Strike enemy first to safeguard their future survival . They willing to pay and put their poeple in harm. Can Abdilaahi chalange? I am very sure Maxamed Dheere will respone the challange. But Abdullah should be either peace man or a war man or both. In order to respond Abdillahi must allied with warlords in Gedo region, bring more warfare experience forces from Putlnad Soon rather later. Athorwise calculated plan of C/LAAHI YUSUF and His political supporters will fail again. Today Somalia is much differnt than the Past.

Indha Cadde’s most recent response to Mohammed Dheere and his meeting with the JVA representative, I predict an evitable warfare in the south and this time it will be a very decisive and destructive one.........Xaabsade’s RRA side, Indhacadde’s Lower Shabelle faction and JVA will be engaged in Jubba and Bay theatre by Ethiopian forces and Shatigaduud’s RRA side. there will be winners in this one. Indha-Cadde's domain of influence will widen.

Walalyaal as much as your predictions are well thought out and seem somewhat of a “reality†to what might happen in Somalia in the next couple of months, I would like to inform you that the so called “jva†(not the seniors members as some would like to childishly say on here) are very neutral at this moment. Yes they have been meeting with some anti-yusef “oppositions†groups (mainly indhacade), but those meetings are personal issues that concern them and their respective clan and don’t have anything to do with these political cat and mouse games.

LET THE FIGHT GO ON!

Yes, my brother duufaan is right LET THE FIGHT GO ON after all we are in the western countries with good shelter, our free education,plenty of food and water, and there is no direct affect to us. smile.gif

Kismaayo's port is now controlled by anti-Ethiopia forces (ie. troops that hail from regions that had border conflicts with Ethiopia; Gedo or other regions).

Technically those that occupy Kismayo hail from western galguduud and not from gedo, but hey they are all brothers.

I personally think that the Puntlanders will finally relize that Ina yey is using them for his own interst and not join the fight. The brethrens of cato in galguduud are too busy fighting their kinsmen that inhabit around Galkacyo and won't join the fight. The inhabitents of Gedo have their own problem and don't want to join the idiotic battle. That leaves Jowhar and Baidoa now these two places might be a battleground, but hopefully it won't be.

smile.gif

All my predictions might come true.

Originally posted by Guhaad:

Eritrea has gone insofar as claiming that Ethiopia will using Berbera port to import nerve gas which will be used against Eritrea.

That claim was made on SomaliJeceel.com - a Somali-owned website. Eritrean Daily merely translated the unsourced work and published it in English on their website. On the bottom of the page, it wrote the source: SomaliJeceel.com.

But I do see Eritrea's interests to counterbalance an Ethiopian influence in Somali politics. But I'm highlighting the involvement of these nations in what everyone sees as an upcoming war in Somalia - where our neighbors will take sides and watch our people kill each other. Its our loss - not Ethiopia's and certainly not Eritrea's. I suppose the Col Yeey is a puppet moniker ought to be applied to both sides of Somalia's political spectrum.

Originally posted by OLOL:

The religious courts and their powerful militias will get involved and it will be
another
Jihad.

Another Jihad? :confused: The powerful militias of warlord X or clan court X will prevail over the Christian-sympathizing Col Yeey and his stooges (namely, the so-called bufoon of Jowhar). Since these militias are so powerful, why do they need Eritrea's help?

TO YOU: Col Yeey is weak because he needs Ethiopia's help. Qanyare getting foot soldiers and weaponry from Eritrea is justified because he's engaged in a Jihad. FYI - If Oromo Liberation Front or ONLF soldiers are seen in Somalia, it will justify an Ethiopian attack (which has not come, thus far) - which happened in 1999 when Oromo-supported Hussein Aideed's USC/SNA militias were kicked out of Bay and Bakool regions by Ethio-RRA soldiers.

You have such a wonderful, one-dimensional line of thought - too bad we all can't be robots like yourself.

The religious courts and their powerful militias will get involved and it will be another Jihad.

How did I miss this :D:D:D:D:D

Please tell us when was the first jihad? 1990? Who are the ones carrying out the Jihad? Musse? Cato? Indhacade? Shariif? Wow I feel sorry for the "pegan" Abudallahi yusef and his likes, this is going to be a big jihad, osma might even get involved :D:D

I sense a somber tone from our flamboyant lad; political reality has dragged him back down to earth and he now seems to have become resigned to it! But again his rhetoric has always been in dire need for some realistic gloss! :D

What happened to the bold initiatives of the good leaders of Mogadishu to remove roadblocks, unite militias under one command, and restore some civility to the city? Or was it another maneuvering to maintain their grip on power? Who’s disappointed and who’s surprised? And worse yet, who has been afraid with the vapors of his brain and thought that the sun would not rise again if clan X gets power? And tell me, dear nomads, who is clapping and cheering for the empty looms?

There are those who’re unable to see the loots they sit on, the cities they pillaged, the innocents they displaced, and (the above all) the civilization the trampled. Yet they’re busy digging the trenches of jihad and fortifying the bunkers of victory! For them, a government that restores the law and order and imposes some authority is a deadly enemy that should be defeated by any cost. They’re unfit to govern and hard to be governed. Men like these make the likes of old man a statesmen of sort. They just don’t get it, or do they? They must be defeated, I say, if we want Somalia to take its rightful place in this world.

On the other hand there’re those who seriously think they can rule on the cheap; they talk the talk but can’t walk the walk. History will record if this government fails that it failed not because of Mogadishu warlords but because of an old man who rose to power without political strategy, who has the will to survive but lack both the political strength and intellectual fortitude to affect any meaningful change. You see, I am not expecting much from him; all I wanted him to do is to fight and reverse the ill-gotten gains of the civil war. Leave Mogadishu alone, old man (General, would you tell him that) and go to the heart of south. Jowhar is probably a good choice but not enough if Kismayo, Marka, and Bravo are in the hands of the thuggish gangs.

War odaga jaakadaha ka bixiya and let him do what does best!

They’re unfit to govern and hard to be governed.

And the biggest and oldest thug is fit to govern?

hat happened to the bold initiatives of the good leaders of Mogadishu to remove roadblocks, unite militias under one command, and restore some civility to the city? Or was it another maneuvering to maintain their grip on power? Who’s disappointed and who’s surprised? And worse yet, who has been afraid with the vapors of his brain and thought that the sun would not rise again if clan X gets power? And tell me, dear nomads, who is clapping and cheering for the empty looms?

There are those who’re unable to see the loots they sit on, the cities they pillaged, the innocents they displaced, and (the above all) the civilization the trampled. Yet they’re busy digging the trenches of jihad and fortifying the bunkers of victory! For them, a government that restores the law and order and imposes some authority is a deadly enemy that should be defeated by any cost. They’re unfit to govern and hard to be governed. Men like these make the likes of old man statesman of sort. They just don’t get it, or do they? They must be defeated, I say, if we want Somalia to take its rightful place in this world.

I just loved this whole passage . Waryaa since Bari Bari got fired why don't you ask adeer Yey for the spokesmen positionyou'll be PERFECT smile.gif

Johnny B   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

I sense a somber tone from our flamboyant lad; ........

There are those who’re unable to see the loots they sit on, the cities they pillaged, the innocents they displaced, and (the above all)
the civilization the trampled.

Defeat is a hard thing to accept, i´m impressed of how you´re handling it , good luck , someday you may get over it , but i can ONLY forsee years full of dride in the diaspora ahead:D

Somalia has NATURALLY shaped itself, economically, socially, demographically, etc etc.

Get used to it !!

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

For them, a government that restores the law and order and imposes some authority is a deadly enemy that should be defeated by any cost.

hold it right there Xiin, you can´t have this gullibility engraved, who forced them to join the confrence in the 1st place? eh forget it , don´t answer. Actually it was the Mogadishu leaders plus the late TNG who took The initiative to hold a peace confrence , mind ya ;) , but they were not alone of disliking the outcome of the confrence , yet they tried to hold the mask n entertain the idea of having Yey as the head of the State ,but to our disappointment he can´t quitt beeing the Puntland Warlord ( a role he deeply enjoys playing ;) )

QUOTE]Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

They’re unfit to govern and hard to be governed....

Unfit? What is wrong with them ? retarded? uncivilized? the wrong clan , you tell me.

raining emotions ?don´t tell me

On the other hand there’re those who seriously think they can rule on the cheap; they talk the talk but can’t walk the walk. Every now n then one subconciousely reveals some engraved phopias,n here i Do agree with ya , The diffrence between the FORM and the CLASS is that the later is permenant , when the tough gets going FORM looses shape [/qb] QUOTE]Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

You see, I am not expecting much from him; all I wanted him to do is to fight and reverse the ill-gotten gains of the civil war.

oooooh boi , Both grandma raised kids n call- girls NEVER forget !!

I´ve seen Xiin advocate for a revenge so many times n i´m deeply sorry to see him loose hope on the last egg the Puntland chicken laid, maybe , just maybe the chicken knows what is there to hatch :D

War odaga jaakadaha ka bixiya and let him do what does best!

hmmmm..... wonder what he does best, lemme think ... KILL other Puntlanders ?

JB;

Justice is blunt instrument indeed and it may some times sound a bit harsh. It’s not revenge to evict the thugs out of the taken land. And certainly it’s not revenge to remove them from the cities they took. You see, good JB, you can’t admit where the faults lie. Perhaps it’s the punishment of God that the liars believe the very lies they tell. Revenge you may call it, but it’s exactly what Somalia needs now.

As what’s wrong with that ilk (inability to govern), well I don’t really know and I suspect you don’t either and we may as well leave it for yet to be writen history books.

It’s true that the old man has unfavorable dictatorial tendencies, but he’s not certainly occupying my property neither is he guilty of emptying entire cities (tell me where are the good looking people of Bravo) to gain political dominance.

Nabarkan inaan hadba kaa danqiyo baan ku tala galay so get used to it old boy. But next time you write, try to give us something we can all chew on and don’t you spew this rubbish on us!

Rahima   

So boys how does it feel to be contributing to the disasters of back home? Proud of yourselves perhaps?

Should we start burying Somalia now? Save us all from the gruesome images blood and warfare me thinks!

OLOL & JB,

You know what amazes me about the two of you, you boys don’t even have the half-decent common sense or foresight to understand, comprehend and see that these same men the two of you are cheerleading for are in essence your worst enemies before they are for the rest of Somalia.

I can see that in an attempt to counter the views of some (which arguably are or are not biased) you are bordering on foolishness. Stop embarrassing yourselves and your clansmen.

Your first enemy are the thugs who share a tribe with you. Deal with them, stop defending them, clean your own backyard and stop yapping for horror as if you can’t wait for it to happen.

Now I know the two of you can’t accuse me of your tribalistic views, so see this more as truth coming your way. Here you are cheering on the likes of Caato, when the same i-d-i-o-t does absolutely nothing for the people he claims to be a hero for-walaahi it sickens me to see people defend these imbeciles. If you cared at all for the tribes you guys seem to be defending (forget about Somalis in general), you would not be writing the garbage you do here. Some support CY for all the wrong reasons, and as evil as he may be he has done something for his tribe. He has taken part in some sort of progression, I ask you then, what have your equivalents achieved so far? What has Caato achieved besides wreak havoc in Mudug and deal in drugs, what has Qanyare done besides impede the opening of the airport, what has Suddi done besides make some s-t-u-p-i-d comedic remarks every so often? What have they all done besides fight, fight, fight and impede any sorts of progression for their tribes?

To put it simply, they are losers and any person who defends any of their actions (even in hindsight of attacks from others which could be perceived as attacking the whole tribe) are losers! Simple enough?

At least if you are going to be tribalists, be smart ones at that, nothing worse than a s-t-u-p-i-d criminal wouldn’t you say? If the two of you even care for one second give your support to the men who are doing something, who do not kill, loot or cause havoc. Support the men who are building the schools, hospitals, homes in Mudug/Galgadud rather than the imbeciles who destroy them because God forbid the akhwaan built them. I’m sure the both of you know I went for a long trip back home and one thing became clear, the enemy is not the one you lot have created, they’re not from Puntland or Ethiopia, the real enemy for your tribes are sleeping in bed with you and screwing you around while you cry blindly the slogans of tribalism. If you want examples, I have so many, but I’ll leave it at that for now at least.

All in all brothers, I may seem harsh, but really it irritates me to see people being fooled like this, especially when they achieve absolutely nothing. It’s khasaaro to defend these men.

^^

Passionate!

Originally posted by Rahima:

Your first enemy are the thugs who share a tribe with you. Deal with them, stop defending them,
clean your own backyard

Well said. But I think that statement should apply to all militia-weilding Somali clans (from Boosaaso to Kismaayo). If they could clean up their backyards by getting rid of their specific clan or sub-clan warlords, then Somalia would have a better chance at peace today.

Also, I don't think OLOL & JB support Mogadishu's warlords because those men are despicable. Rather, they hate Col Yeey (his clan, his policies, his actions - in that order) more. Think about it: its because of Col Yeey that Mogadishu's warlords - men who'd fought for years - are best friends today. They hate each other, but hate Col Yeey more.

the enemy is not the one you lot have created, they’re not from Puntland or Ethiopia, the real enemy for your tribes are sleeping in bed with you and screwing you around

The enemy's from within. That, too, should apply to all of Somalia. There is no one to blame for our collective 15-year failure than ourselves.

OLOL   

First, I am not cheerleading for any warlord and I don't belong to any Somali clan. Miss Rahima. I am one-eight Somali, so, I don’t see myself advocating for certain clan or embarrassing anyone.

I just do have such a passionate abhorrence for Yeey and his backward clannish policies and for that reason alone, I am willing to sacrifice my rationale. As long as the regionalist folks in this forum are so clannish and so blatant about it, I will be a volunteer cheerleader for any Xamar thug. My untamable and unrepentant adversary is much worse than these ruthless characters for time being.

I also despise people with provincial mindset. Our good will and liberal tendency has given these Ethiopian villains some illusive political expectation and instead of being obliged they just rewarded us by putting on display their hideous clannish performance. I am ready for a decisive second civil war to get rid of the stooges and to keep these provincial folks at bay for good. I am very confident that Adeer Qanyare could defeat the buffoons in Jowhar in a day if an all out war breaks up tomorrow. I find such a radical mutiny overpowering and revolutionary. Well, there will be some collateral but the ultimate objective of such assault is to keep the defeatists’ camp’s grandiose wicked ambition fruitless.

Mogadishu is the Somali capital and we oppose Ethiopia and its stooges. the other thing is i do have vested personal interest in Somalia and specialy Xamar and I will not let Yeey and his clique come close to it. My brother was imprisoned and killed in Boosaaso and his business apropriated by some corrupt officials.

Once these same officials get some influence, they will commit the same agression. How could my family survive in a very lawless city for 15 years and lose everything in a day in a allegedly peaceful province?