Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Welcome To SOL Islam Page.

Nur   

"Telling the TRUTH is a PUBLIC TRUST ( that belongs to the PEOPLE), telling a LIE is TREASON. (Committed against the PUBLIC)"

----First Caliph of Islamic State, Abu Bakar.

I like to do my principal research in bars, where people are more likely to tell the truth or, at least, lie less convincingly than they do in briefings and books.

----O'Rourke, P.J. (1989), Holidays in hell. London (Picador), 212

"In 1983 the principal global media was owned by 50 corporations, most of them American. In 2002 this had fallen to just 9 corporations. Today it is probably about 5 (Media Corporations). Rupert Murdoch (a Jewish Billionaire) has predicted that there will be just Three global media giants, and his company will be one of them" ..... John Pilger 2007

"The crisis in modern democracy is a profound one. Free elections, a free press, and an independent judiciary mean little when the free market has reduced them to commodities available on sale to the highest bidder"

Arundhati Roy. August 17 2004

"IN A TIME OF UNIVERSAL DECEIT, TELLING THE TRUTH IS A REVOLUTIONARY ACT."

-- George Orwell

“The teachings of Islam can fail under no circumstances. With all our systems of culture and civilization, we cannot go beyond Islam and, as a matter of fact, no human mind can go beyond the Koran.”---

Johann Goethe, cited in Sir Henry Elliot’s Letters of Johann Goethe, 1865.” --

“He was Caesar and Pope in one; but he was Pope without Pope’s pretensions, Caesar without the legions of Caesar: without a standing army, without a bodyguard, without a palace, without a fixed revenue; if ever any man had the right to say that he ruled by the right divine, it was Mohammed, for he had all the power without its instruments and without its supports.”

Bosworth Smith, MOHAMMAD AND MOHAMMADANISM, London, 1874, p. 92.

"In his City of God, Saint Augustine tells a story about an encounter between Alexander the Great (the last ruler successfully to garrison Afghanistan) and a pirate captain he had caught on the high seas. Ordering the pirate to heave to, Alexander demands: "How dare you molest the seas as a pirate?" "How dare you molest the whole world?" retorts the plucky pirate. "I have a small boat, so I am called a thief and a pirate. You have a great navy, so you are called an emperor, and can call other men pirates." Substitute terrorist or rogue state for pirate and the episode neatly encapsulates the morality of the new world order. ."

Seumas Milne; The Guardian, October 25, 2001

"Any individual who values truth more than lies, who keeps truth alive in his or her heart, despite all efforts to dislodge it from its ethical moorings, is more powerful than even the most advanced weapons systems. Truth emerges unscathed from the rubble of fallen empire as immutable as an inviolable law of nature. Nothing can bring it down because it is real."

Charles Sullivan, "Truth Matters"

-------

"He is a fool that makes his doctor his heir"

Ben Franklin

---------

" The Mosques are in the hands of the Islamists, the ( Islamists) control the education system and social welfare, they even control the health system, they also control trade and business, they control the Telecoms, they control money transfer business. We ( TFG Government) control nothing!. ( Parliament) must decide this morning what should be done about the Islamists,. Should the Islamists rule the country or should (the Transitional Federal Government ) rule country?. Have you all considered yet ways to contain the Islamists so we can take back all these institutions they control? , (All Members of Parliament in session responded with " YES" . "Are you reconfirming your commitment again?" asks Yusuf. " Yes" (they respond again). OK, As a man I will support you (to go after the Islamists control of the country) , These ( Islamists) are the enemy, do you hear me? , let us fight back against these men ( Islamists), These men ( Islamists) draw their power by controlling all the country's resources, be it Education, Religion, Mosques, Money Transfer, Economy, Telecoms, Business, or FATUUD! which is firmly in their hands, let us take it back from them if you want to see Somalia to be the Somalia (That we all envision)"

---Somali Warlord President Abdullahi Yusuf's Historic and Fateful speech to Warlord Parliament of the TFG (2008) in Baidoa.

Nomads

This page is dedicated for the free and non-inhibited exchange of views on Islamic issues from a Somali perspective for the purpose of enriching/sharing or learning. The intended audience are mainly the English speaking Somalis and their families, non-Muslims who have interest to know about Islam and the Media at large fishing for a good article. Since its launch back in 2001, many original and borrowed topics have been posted and read by Nomads, mainly by English speaking Somalis who reside away from home for apparent reasons.

As such, the impromptu views of Nomads responding to posts on this site widely differ on any given topic, to reflect their perspectives and respective sources of knowledge, level of maturity, etiquette and taste. So, as moderators, we kindly advice innocent audience, while fishing for useful information, to always take these views with a bucket of fresh sea water from Somali coasts.

This page also serves as a quick reference for all web browsers at large, non Muslims and Muslims alike, including news media professionals gauging popular views on burning issues of the hour, such as what is known as "Terrorism", Political Islam, family issues, gender relations and financial matters (which affects our lives the most, yet is least discussed).

To make this page an enriching intellectual journey for all viewers, we kindly ask you to be considerate, tolerant and respectful of all views, regardless of their content and origin as long as they are likewise considerate of the etiquette and common taste of the target audience of this page as mentioned above.

Islam, which is the name of this page, encourages Muslims to seek knowledge and wisdom, hence the free discussion of issues. Allah SWT says in Quraan " And debate with them with the most appropriate venues of a discussion" .

This page, a family friendly page, is also meant to attract young Somalis, teens and even school age kids, as such, the content and the level of discussion should be appropriate for these viewers, (when seeking Islamic Edicts (Fatwas) on graphic description of private intimate relationships, it should only be discussed in private messaging which is provided by this site).

This web page is a law abiding site, it adheres to the highest law-and-Order on earth, that of Allah, known as Sharia, which sanctifies and guarantees the sustenance of human lives, happiness, property, dignity and intellect,( And the Environment: It was reported that The Prophet SAWS said " Anyone who grows a plant that provides sustenance to birds, animals and humans shall be rewarded the reward of a charity for it" and " Faith in Islam is composed of some eighty parts, least of which is the removal of rubbish from common usage areas") thus, in no way does this web site or its moderators condone any filth, illegal activity against any human, animal or the environment anywhere on the planet.

Moreover, SOL Islam page, a beacon of common sense and dialogue, does not condone aggressive violence, nor the commission of a crime against any individual nor against any law abiding institution. All ideas posted by the moderators are meant only for the intellectual enrichment and exchange of ideas by way of the universally accepted and recognized right to Freedom OF Speech, and right to Freedom AFTER Speech, and when ambiguous , all content appearing at this site should always be interpreted as such.

Spreading of clan hatred is not allowed to be posted on this site, All Somalis are of a single wider family and their collective survival and happiness greatly depends on attaining peace through justice provided Only by their common faith, ISLAM. Because hate will never create security for any clan, and insecurity will never lead to prosperity for the whole of Somali People. Only Islam guarantees Universal Peace, which is the rock solid belief of Moderators of this page.

May Allah Bless and guide us all to a path that is straight, amen.

Nur

2007 SOL eNuri Unconventional Dawa Service

We Illuminate Minds, To Eliminate Ignorance.

كن كالنخيل عن الأحقاد مرتفعاً .... بالطُوب يرمى فيلقي أطيب الثمر

Maanshaa Allah brother Nur.

my question is I have a christian freind who suggests that we exchange religious stuff, she suggests that she pays a visit 2 our local mosque here n in exchange i go 2 to her church. I want 2 tell her to wear a proper dress headscaf included n i want 2 tell her that if i should go with u 2 ur church, my intension is just to accompany u and that am not intrested in christianity at all. secondly she is my neighbour n we spend some time 2gather often, is my time wasted?

She always intrested to see my hair, is it lawful 2 show her? the Quran says we can only uncover when we are around womenfolk n mahram women. pls explain.

jazzakkallah

Nur   

Umm Zakaria sis.

I was having tea with an English brother who converted to Islam just an hour ago, the story of his conversion to Islam was indeed interesting, but to get to the point, what got him to accept Islam was his insisting to read the Quraan, no pamphlets, no visiting of Mosque, no dialogues, just the plain word of Allah. The brother confessed that the Quraan hit him hard, "I felt like God was talking to me without any intermediaries, I felt God was reading my inner thoughts and the verses were answering my questions, in eight days, I was ready to take my shahaada" he confided on me.

Lesson learned in that story is to simply ask the sister to read the Quraan for a week and then get together for discussion of what she understood, chances are if she was trying to win you over to Christianity that she will be won over for Islam, so by all means continue your relationship with the woman, if Allah guides her through your efforts, it will be the best gift from Allah for the both of you.

Her curiosity about your hair should not become an issue to divert her keen interest about Islam. in Islamic jurisprudence, the matter may have a way out, without violation from your part, as the protection of the soul ( her soul) has priority than the protection of modesty (yours). InshaAllah I will look this issue up and communicate with you my findings at the earliest time possible.

Nur

Originally posted by Nur:

Spreading of clan hatered is not allowed to be posted on this site, All Somalis are of a single wider family and their collective survival and happiness greatly depends on attaining peace through justice provided Only by their common faith, ISLAM. Because hate will never create security for any clan, and insecurity will never lead to prosperity for the whole of Somali People. Only Islam guarantees Universal Peace, which is the rock solid belief of Moderators of this page.

Mashaa'Allah that particular part of your entire post got to me. Truer words have never been spoken, barakallaahu feekum akhi.

And ameen to your Ducaa. Inshaa'Allah you should keep the Ummah in your Ducaa's as well (as should the rest of us). I look forward to more of your posts here inshaa'Allah, you're a very wise brother masha'Allah.

Salaam. smile.gif

Malika   

Asalaam Aleykum brothers/sisters.

A question in regard to a woman that was/is married to a man that abused her physically and mentally.She couldnt inform her family as they had disowned her,when she eloped with him. After enduring several years of abuse,she found the courage to leave him and had been in hiding since then[5yrs now]

She now wants to move on but had been met with alot of scorning from her local Imaams.They keep insisting she contact the husband but she is sceptical about that and doesnt want to do so....she just want out,without being at his mercy? My question is even thought after 5yrs of separation is their marriage still valid?

What does the marriage/divorce sharia laws say about a scenerio like this?

Jazakhallah!

Aaliyyah   

Sister, I don’t think our religion allows men to take such liberty as to abuse their wives. That is not allowed, and in that circumstance she can ask for a divorce. I don’t understand why she was hiding for five years? Why not seek divorce with the help of the local imams? I think the Imams are right when they advised her to contact him, she should contact him and demand a divorce, she cant move on without a divorce ( she is still married regardless of being separated for 5 yrs). If he won’t give her a divorce on his own free will than the local imams should interfere and help her out, if not a court would do. she should take him to the court and am sure they would give him what he deserves. I would never advice a Muslim sister to go to the court and let gaalo get in her family affairs. But, if there is no other means to attain a divorce, she would have get it through some legal procedures.

As for her family disowning her? I don't get it? she didnt contact her family after her marriage which is over 5 yrs? your family might disown you for all they want, they are your family. At the end of the day they are the ones who have your best interest at heart. Her family knew what she didn't know, they knew this man wasn't good enough for her, they saw through him (somalidu waxay dhahada qofka wayn waxaad ogeyn ayuu ogyahay). She should have never got married without their consent, that is religiously unacceptable. But, what is done is done let her go back to her family and start over and make peace w/ them.

I hope this helps.

May Allah swt make things easier for that sister. I will add her in my prayers.

wa salaamu alaikum.

Maqane   

Nur;92796 wrote:

Spreading of clan hatred is not allowed to be posted on this site, All Somalis are of a single wider family and their collective survival and happiness greatly depends on attaining peace through justice provided Only by their common faith, ISLAM. Because hate will never create security for any clan, and insecurity will never lead to prosperity for the whole of Somali People. Only Islam guarantees Universal Peace, which is the rock solid belief of Moderators of this page.

Nur

2007 SOL eNuri Unconventional Dawa Service

We Illuminate Minds, To Eliminate Ignorance.

كن كالنخيل عن الأحقاد مرتفعاً .... بالطُوب يرمى فيلقي أطيب الثمر

Clan is what led Most of Somalis astray from the path of this beautiful religion (Islam) and caused them to fight eachother since i was born.

I now grown up by the mercy of Allah and i understood that Islam is far away from what they (the so called Muslim Wadaad Qaba-ilists among Somalis) ascribe ( i.e saying that ''Surah 49 verse 13 allows Qaba ilism) . Wallahi this is what i've always heard when i was in Mogadishu, from those who call themselfs "Educated"

I say "Auzu billahi mina shaytani rajiim'' and may Allah guide all the Qaba-ilists to the right path and set their affairs right. Ameen

Ameen to your du'a brother Nur

Wa alaikom salam warahmatollahi wabarakatoh :-)