Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Quraan Readers Club

Fabregas   

The Righteous versus the Deniers: the categories of people mentioned in Surah Al Insan and Surah Ma'un!

Surah Insan;

As to the Righteous, they shall drink of a Cup (of Wine) mixed with Kafur,-

Surah Ma'un;

Seest thou one who denies the Judgment (to come)?

So we see one group of people are the righteous companions of jannah, and the other is the deniers. Some of the scholars said that the one who denies refers to denying the deen and turning away from it.

Allah (swt) also describes how both camps treat the needy and orphans:

Surah Ma'un ;

. Then such is the (man) who repulses the orphan (with harshness),.

And encourages not the feeding of the indigent

Surah Al Insan;

And they feed, for the love of Allah, the indigent, the orphan, and the captive,-

The messenger of Allah (SAW) was an orphan himself. And from amongst his many saying on treating the orphan with kindness is;

"A man came to the messenger of Allah complaining of the hardness of his heart. He said, “Would you like to soften your heart and achieve your desire? Then have mercy on the orphans, strike their heads, and feed them from your feed. Thereby you will achieve your heart and achieve your desire. (On the authority of ABU dARDA)

Another interesting point is that from both surahs we can discern the difference in the intentions of the the two groups. Interestingly enough, we find that the people mentioned in surah al ma'cun actually do carry out some obligatory acts of Islam, specifically the prayer, which makes you think about the case of the one who totally abandons the prayer and the other obligatory acts. Elsewhere in the Quran, Allah mentions that the hypocrites pray for show and they come to prayer rather reluctantly and lazily. Then, imagine the case of the one who completely abandons it. (?) Sub'anllah. Getting back to my point, Allah (swt) informs us that the intention of their Salah is insincere and carried out for the sake of pleasing the creation;

So woe to the worshippers

Who are neglectful of their prayers,

Those who (want but) to be seen (of men)

As for the people mentioned in Surah Insan, the companions of Jannah, there intention is not for any worldly desire, they only seek to please their Rabb, so that they may distance themselves from the fire and hasten to the jannah;

9. (Saying),"We feed you for the sake of Allah alone: no reward do we desire from you, nor thanks.

10. "We only fear a Day of distressful Wrath from the side of our Lord."

Thus, Allah(SWT), not any human being, reveals to us what is in the breasts of such people and what motivates them. As Ibn Katheer mentions: Mujahid and Sa`id bin Jubayr both said, "By Allah! They do not say this with their tongues, but rather, Allah knows it in their hearts and He commends them for it. Every seeker should seek after this.''.

This is the station that every mumin should seek. However, this station is the station of patience, complete slavery to Allah, steadfastness, difficulty, being content with the provision of Allah, and the station of those who are not intoxicated with the dunya. This station is only preserved for the wayfarers, whom Allah(SWT) grants the tickets of Ikhlas( sincerity), Sabr( patience). Allah (SWT) tells us that these people shall be rewarded in abundance for their enduring patience;

11. But Allah will deliver them from the evil of that Day, and will shed over them a Light of Beauty and (blissful) Joy.

12. And because they were patient and constant, He will reward them with a Garden and (garments of) silk.

13. Reclining in the (Garden) on raised thrones, they will see there neither the sun's (excessive heat) nor (the moon's) excessive cold.

14. And the shades of the (Garden) will come low over them, and the bunches (of fruit), there, will hang low in humility.

15. And amongst them will be passed round vessels of silver and goblets of crystal,-

16. Crystal-clear, made of silver: they will determine the measure thereof (according to their wishes).

17. And they will be given to drink there of a Cup (of Wine) mixed with Zanjabil,-

18. A fountain there, called Salsabil.

19. And round about them will (serve) youths of perpetual (freshness): If thou seest them, thou wouldst think them scattered Pearls.

20. And when thou lookest, it is there thou wilt see a Bliss and a Realm Magnificent.

21. Upon them will be green Garments of fine silk and heavy brocade, and they will be adorned with Bracelets of silver; and their Lord will give to them to drink of a Wine Pure and Holy.

22. "Verily this is a Reward for you, and your Endeavour is accepted and recognised."

We ask Allah to make us and our families amongst such people and not from amongst the people mentioned in surah ma'cun, Ameen.

BOB   

This is fantastic Maasha Allah.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Muriidi   

in the meaning of the hadith the prophet pbuh said "Know surely that Jannah is under the shade of swords"

one of the reasons muslims long for jannah is the feeling of safety .safety to do anything you wish knowing you simply can not disobey Allah and all your actions are in accordance with his wishes.

do you know that feeling of safety when you are reading quran?it's not just a feeling.

not only for the reader but also for the people around you if they can gather the patience to listen or read themselves?

once you have joined the quran reader's club...your war is over...now you must now only struggle with yourself...i must defend my right to pray and read quran(that safety= ,but not with the sword right ?,'cause i'm already here praying and reading quran,right?

ACUTHU BILLAHI MINALSHAYTANIRAJIM

Malika   

^Indeed the struggle is within one self, may we be among those whom had found 'peace and satisfaction' within our inner selves due to fully submission to our creator....Amiin

89. Surah Al-Fajr (The Break of Day or the Dawn)

In the Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, Most Merciful

1. By the dawn;

2. By the ten nights (i.e. the first ten days of the month of Dhul-Hîjjah),

3. And by the even and the odd (of all the creations of Allâh).

4. And by the night when it departs.

5. There is indeed in them (the above oaths) sufficient proofs for men of understanding (and that, they should avoid all kinds of sins and disbeliefs, etc.)!

6. Did you (O Muhammad ()) not see (thought) how your Lord dealt with 'Ad (people)?

7. Who were very tall like lofty pillars,

8. The like of which were not created in the land?

9. And (with) Thamûd (people), who cut (hewed) out rocks in the valley (to make dwellings)?

10. And (with) Fir'aun (Pharaoh), who had pegs (who used to torture men by binding them to pegs)?

11. Who did transgress beyond bounds in the lands (in the disobedience of Allâh).

12. And made therein much mischief.

13. So your Lord poured on them different kinds of severe torment.

14. Verily, your Lord is Ever Watchful (over them).

15. As for man, when his Lord tries him by giving him honour and gifts, then he says (puffed up): "My Lord has honoured me."

16. But when He tries him, by straitening his means of life, he says: "My Lord has humiliated me!"

^These two ayahs reminded me of current situation with this madness of 'credit crunch'

Contrast with God's justice and watchful care, man's selfishness and pettiness.God tries both by prosperity and adversity; in the one we should show humility and kindness; and in the other, patience and faith. On the contrary, we get puffed up in prosperity and depressed in adversity, putting false values on this world's goods...Subhanallah!

17. Nay! But you treat not the orphans with kindness and generosity (i.e. you neither treat them well, nor give them their exact right of inheritance)!

18. And urge not on the feeding of AlMiskîn (the poor)!

19. And you devour inheritance all with greed,

20. And you love wealth with much love!

21. Nay! When the earth is ground to powder,

22. And your Lord comes with the angels in rows,

23. And Hell will be brought near that Day. On that Day will man remember, but how will that remembrance (then) avail him?

24. He will say: "Alas! Would that I had sent forth (good deeds) for (this) my life!"

25. So on that Day, none will punish as He will punish.

26. And none will bind as He will bind.

27. (It will be said to the pious): "O (you) the one in (complete) rest and satisfaction!

28. "Come back to your Lord, Well-pleased (yourself) and well-pleasing unto Him!

29. "Enter you, then, among My honoured slaves,

30. "And enter you My Paradise!"

AYOUB   

Surah 39 Az Zumar (The Troops) 53-61Yusuf Ali translation.

39_53.gif

Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

39_54.gif

"Turn ye to our Lord (in repentance) and bow to His (Will), before the Penalty comes on you: after that ye shall not be helped.

39_55.gif

"And follow the best of (the courses) revealed to you from your Lord, before the Penalty comes on you - of a sudden while ye perceive not!-

39_56.gif

"Lest the soul should (then) say: 'Ah! Woe is me!- In that I neglected (my duty) towards Allah, and was but among those who mocked!'-

39_57.gif

"Or (lest) it should say: 'If only Allah had guided me, I should certainly have been among the righteous!'-

39_58.gif

"Or (lest) it should say when it (actually) sees the penalty: 'If only I had another chance, I should certainly be among those who do good!'

39_59.gif

"(The reply will be) 'Nay, but there came to thee my Signs, and thou didst reject them: thou wast Haughty, and became one of those who reject faith!'"

39_60.gif

On the Day of Judgment wilt thou see those who told lies against Allah;- their faces will be turned black; Is there not in Hell an abode for the Haughty?

39_61.gif

But Allah will deliver the righteous to their place of salvation: no evil shall touch them, nor shall they grieve.

Surah 39 Az Zumar (The Troops) 53-61Yusuf Ali translation.

AYOUB   

Surat Al-'Aĥzāb (The Combined Forces) 40-49

Muhammad is not the father of [any] one of your men, but [he is] the Messenger of Allah and last of the prophets. And ever is Allah , of all things, Knowing.

O you who have believed, remember Allah with much remembrance

And exalt Him morning and afternoon.

It is He who confers blessing upon you, and His angels [ask Him to do so] that He may bring you out from darknesses into the light. And ever is He, to the believers, Merciful.

Their greeting the Day they meet Him will be, "Peace." And He has prepared for them a noble reward.

O Prophet, indeed We have sent you as a witness and a bringer of good tidings and a warner.

And one who invites to Allah, by His permission, and an illuminating lamp.

And give good tidings to the believers that they will have from Allah great bounty.

And do not obey the disbelievers and the hypocrites but do not harm them, and rely upon Allah . And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs.

Surat Al-'Aĥzāb (The Combined Forces) 40-49

http://quran.com/33