Sign in to follow this  
Lixle

$160 million Project: Somaliland Ethiopian economic partnership....

Lixle   

Berbera Corridor Project, supported and funded by the EC (European Commision) is a project to develop the economic backbone of Somaliland and Ethiopia.

The $160 million dollar project is divided into four main areas of development.

1. The development and expansion of the road system between Berbera-Hargeisa-Jigjiga. This includes the development of four lane highway system which will go through the city of Hargeisa, named "Hargeisa Crossing".

2. The expasion to the Port of Berbera, so that it could accommodate larger vessles and cargo ships. This includes the installation of state of the art navigation and loading system for the port, and also the development of larger storage warehouses for Goods and Fuel, that are destined for Ethiopia.

3. The modernisation of Berbera and Hargeisa Airports, so that the airports could accomodate larger cargo airplanes.

This huge project, named "Berbera Corridor", will definately create more jobs, in a nation where unemployment rates are into the 90% area.

OG Moti   

I hope it will go well too, however lets dont forget .. this all done for Ethopia sake so that they can use the barbara harbor freely and eventually control somaliland, I hope our somali people will pay attention to such hidden agent and assume that could the case and prepared for it, Ethopia in my opion should never share with somalia anything .. they are our enemy and they are Gaalo and wish the worse for somalia.. i hope we will be smart and built the roads and put on the table that it is a somaliland and ethopia will have to deal with a country and never think of underminding us.... I just dont trust anything that ethopia has something to do with, beside they will bring their deseases to our lands and they shitty culture.... peace

Gabbal   

this all done for Ethopia sake so that they can use the barbara harbor freely and eventually control somaliland, I hope our somali people will pay attention to such hidden agent and assume that could the case and prepared for it, Ethopia in my opion should never share with somalia anything .. they are our enemy and they are Gaalo and wish the worse for somalia

I just dont trust anything that ethopia has something to do with, beside they will bring their deseases to our lands and they shitty culture

I;m glad you noticed that Og

AYOUB   

Yusufadie, the only major Muslim owned construction co i've heard of is the one owned by the Ladens (brother Yusufadie you can research the co name yourself ;) ).

OG Moti, lets assume the story up there and your observations are correct:

1. What do you want Somaliland politicians to do about the deal and Ethios in general?

2. What can we and civilians in Somaliland do about it?

Hornafriqe

1. Ethio are part of the 'technical committee' in control of the Mbagathi gathering, how come we never hear you moaning about this?

2. Since 'your all dancing-all singing 'very clever' President Abdiqasim quit the Mbagathi gathering complaining about Ethio's involvement, where do you stand now?

Ayoub-Shiek....lol...i guess Horn-Afrique chooses not see that part......Sadly though, every somali leader bows down to the ethios....People who recently visited Sland and Pland said they saw significant number of ethios immigrants in big towns. I think Sland or for that matter any somali adminstration be careful about unchecked flow of immigrants to Somali lands. That could lead farther insecurity, unemployement and demographic change......Perhaps, Iam little too paroniod....lol

Rokko   

CHE, the immigrants you are trying to restrict are none other than Ogaden Somalis who are trying to seek freedom in Somaliland and Puntland. There are no AMXAAROS running around in Hargeisa and Boosaaso na'mean.

If there is any non-Somali Ethiopians, it is probably a little bid of Oromos in some cities but we need the Oromos to do the odd jobs our people aren't willing to take. Somebody has to do them. OROMOS ARE SOMALI ABBOW. lol If people of Hargeisa and Boosaaso aren't willing to clean their toilets, let the Oromos do it and get paid for it na'mean.

Modest   

LOL@Mob and Cheuvera

Why you being so recist guyz. After you even been to the exile and know a lot/have the experience of being refugee in a foreign country U still restricting and some giving them bad jobs. Thats cruel now, Let them have the chance to do something for their life, you know where u are now, n did u forget who were u....LOOL..Somalia is too big for every1 so n u kno wat these refugee r going through, so give them a break, besides no one is giving them Welfare or ...................

Lixle   

Yusufaddie

Well, I know of a couple of firms based in Malaysia, but the only Muslim owned firm of the size of BERGER that I know off was perhaps the Bin Ladens firm.

The Saudi based engineering firm that built Baytal Xajj in Mecca El-Mukarama and Baytal Nabbawi in Maddiina El-Munawara, both are the biggest and most breathtaking architectual masterpieces.

I don't know if it survived the American anti-terrorism/arabism sword.

OG_MOTI,

Ethiopian, is not a my enemy... my enemies are those who destroyed my beloved country and are bent on to repeat again.

On can only appreciate the Ethiopian government and its people of their hospitality they forwarded to Somali refugees. You can't compare the Ethiopians to the Kenyan thugs who on daily baes raped the Somali refugees or on broad daylight robbed SOmalis in the middle of Niarobi. That never happens in Addis Abeba. In fact, the Somali has more rights in Addis Abeba then say, an Amhara or Oromo.

Back to the Berbera Proejct, I say, i is a win win deal... any questions??

Marqaan.....Iam not being racist, just bit realistic saaxib. Somalia can't help itself, let alone others. One has to consider the fact that ethoipia has been our enemy( whatever that means) for ages. I dought if their anomosity towards somali people has faded away. Atleast, the leadership of ethoipia is still very much interested weakening somalis and keeping them weak( i guess somalis did that for them already..lol). Besides, every goverment in the world controls its immigrant flow. No one can take the sincerity or hospatility of ethios seriously either. I mean whats their logic, Iam gonna be your buddy, while at same time i whack your brothers in SomaliGalbeed. But if this thing works for Sland, and Sland Gov is in control of the country's resources, than it is all good.