Sign in to follow this  
Jabhad

in pictures: giving support to Islamic courts in Mogadishu.

SOO MAAL   

Catsrow,

Sxb wax aad igaga cabatu ma jiro, I only said riyoode is warlord as well

Maxaa ku daaray, ma meel baan kaa danqay, oo hadii ina riyoode wax laga sheego xaaladu ma fiicna as you said “it wasn't prettyâ€

but I can’t help

Sxb anuu waxaan ku leeyahay cabdulaahi Yusuf iyo daahir riyoode waa dameer iyo labadiisii dhagood waxba haa nookala sharaxin

I wasn’t talking about shariif but somali clerics generally

Ee waxaan ka hadlayaaa kacdoonka cusub ee ka bilaabmay Somalia eeku u salaysan midnimada isllaamka iyo somalinimo

Somali clerics have a huge influence and power in Somalia, education institutions, businesses, society, are controlled by Somali clerics

I expect hergeysa, laascaanood, and bosaaso, clerics to do the same, to save their people from ruthless warlords, I am not expecting shariif to do 100% of the job, Shariif did his share, liberated Mogadishu people.

Castro   

^ No worries saaxib. Waxba ima daarin, meelna ima damqan. Riyaale probably means more to you than he does to me.

It would be interesting to hear what the Islamic establishment in Somaliland has to say about the courts and their victory today.

Sxb anuu waxaan ku leeyahay cabdulaahi Yusuf iyo daahir riyoode waa dameer iyo labadiisii dhagood waxba haa nookala sharaxin

I believe you owe that dameer an apology.

Baluug   

before 2002, the only thing I knew about Somalia was the dragging-Maraykan-soldiers-through-the-streets thing, and that it was having a civil war. Since then, even I have given up on a peaceful resolution to Muqdisho's problems. I realize now that lots of blood will be(and already has been) spilled on the rocky road to law and order in Somalia. So I can only imagine how the citizens of Somalia feel. I know my wife has already given up and plans insha Allah to live her life in Canada.

That being said, while I applaud the news that at least one group is beginning to take over and restore hope to the people, and that group is those who claim to stand for Islam alxamdulillah, we also must realize that Somalia still has a long way to go and it's still not safe by any means, I know I'll still get killed, and that, sadly, is the meter with which I will judge the safety of Muqdisho with.

Abdi2005   

Originally posted by Sakhar:

Sheikh Shariif for President! OMG, this dude really looks like scary, I wouldn't like to come up to him in a dark alley, it would really freak me out!

Thats very immature of you, as they say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" what seems to be ugly to one is beautiful to another.

sheekh-shariif2.jpg

So far so goooooood. The man, Shariifka seems to me reasonable man especially after I have listened his statement about this war (Kacdoonks Shacabka) against these ruthless thugs at a press confrence in Mogadishu.

SOO MAAL   

Sxb, Riyoole doesn’t mean anything to me, so stop trying to put words into my mouth

If I say something about riyoode that doesn’t mean I said something about castro

Therefore calm down because I never said anything about castro

I am condemning all warlords equally unlike you defending riyoode, you have to understand that riyoode is a warlord clearly

I believe you owe that dameer an apology.

Af-soomaali soo baro

Criticize ideas, not people.

Sxb lets focus on the subject somali politics and politicians (the game and players), we are just observers so lets not get personal about this matter

Soomaalow, saaxib, you and I have been down this path before and it wasn't pretty.

Although, we hold different views there is no dispute between us particularly

Accordingly, I don’t know why you remember my previous comments