Sign in to follow this  
Jabhad

in pictures: giving support to Islamic courts in Mogadishu.

Jabhad   

men.jpg Big turnout for the Islamic courts.

source: hiiraan.com

banaanbax0012.jpg Gudoomiyaha Midowha Maxaakiimta

banaanbax0010.jpg Haween taageersan Maxaakiimta Islaamka

banaanbax009.jpgfemale supporters of the Islamic courts

banaanbax007.jpg ...female supporters of the Islamic courts.

banaanbax001.jpg Mid ka mid ah maleeshiyaadka Maxaakiimta islaamiga oo sugaya amniga

banaanbax0011.jpg Big turnout to support the Islamic courts

women.jpg Very strong support for the Islamic courts.

Dhubad.   

^ Mawaxaad natusaysaa in qaar kamid ah raga u dagaalamaya maxkamadaha in ay wajiga duubtaan?

Sxb, wax dhib ah kumajiro in qaar kamid ah askarta maxkamadaha ay wajigooda duubtaan. Waxay u duubtaan wajigooda in ay familkooda badbaadiyaan, waa la isyaqaanaa meeshaan.

^^ I see children and women, the men have gone to fight against the warlords --- the guy is the Gudoomiyaha Midowha Maxaakiimta is one scary dude.

In the first picture we see the redundant cliche of the peace sign – put down the gun first. In the last picture they seem very happy and content with their new found ideology and purpose – I guess faith based leaders are able to assemble armies quicker than the warlords that only offer a meager compensation, whereas the sheiks are offering what seems to be an exceptional payout that can only be achieved through sacrificial violence.

DraGon   

^^^^^Indeed.

The fact that a lot of women came out to support them is a testimony to extent of support they can rely on. Somalis (in somailia especially have sufferes significantly under the warlords and the Wadaads with all there down faults (soorry Naden & Socod Baden) have proofed to be the best alternative.

Any thing thats good for the average Somali in Somalia I will support it un equivocally, whether it meets my sense of politics or not.

Dragon you are right in a way, the sheiks offer safety in a sense for the people there, whereas the warlords somewhat extort the public for their resources – however, they are not entirely the best interest for the people there – for minorities that don’t have political power, they are executed for public relations purposes – tribalism is a major factor in the religious squat.

As you remember the stabbing of the man with a knife – if the man was found guilty, he should have been executed with a sharp knife, and it should have been swift. His execution was barbaric. There are also tapes circulating in the west with other religious punishments documented for the sake of recruitment and monetary support. Such as amputations, lashings and stoning.

Again, I’d rather choose the religious camp any day over the warlords, at least they have some sort of governing guidelines that are not man made, in essence they fear and answer to a higher power which advocate a sense of humanity, assuming many of them will actually respect that fact, although some might deviate at times.

When we have another alternative other than the warlords, I might choose to take that route – and the current ‘other’ alternative is unable to make movements – no wonder why many see the sheiks as the only alternative.

Coloow   

Assalamu calaykum,

We have two chose :

1) Dirty warlords (a new one is born every second), who have killed, raped etc. They have recieved money from various sources to further their goals of making sure somalis are killed daily.

2) The maxkamadaha who claim to bring islamic rule.

I support the maxkamadaha because 1) Their message is Islam (don't get me wrong, there are many individuals/groups who have tribal motives- or at least that is the claim made by the cadowga somalidda) and that only powerless people are brought to justice.2) Because they offer alternative forms of rule. Islam is the only unifying solution to somalia's problems. Every other thing has failed ! 3) Despite the cheap propaganda that these wadaads have a tribal agenda, there is evidence that they have brought law and some kind of order using the message of the Quran 4) They have according to reports captured 80% of Muqdisho. They command support among somalis everywhere , Puntland, somaliland, gelinka shanaand and the NFD have muslim somalis who would support them.

In the middle, we have a government that is not recognised internationally or at home. It seems that the mobile government is going to end up in every region before it wanes as the Carta government. Abdullahi Yusuf, Geedi and the qaadwade shariif turned sheydhaan have tried every state of the art to gain financial backing; Fighting terrorism; Sorry guys, that is something for the 12 warlords! Qabiil; sorry guys somalis are tired.

Go wadaads! Muse Suudi, Qanyare, Maxamed Dheere, Hebelkaa raage, and the many warlords are going to use the cash from the USA to enrich their families or send their kids to oversease. Guuleeysta!

Somalis have tried everything; Let us give the wadaads sometime.

This is the begining of a revolution. Today it is Mogadishu, tommorow Beled weyne, Garowe, Bosaso, Baydhabo, Hargeisa.

And what do we do on websites? We condemn our only hope! Many of us do that because the wadaads threaten our tribally poisoned logic! We should suppport the wadaads against the devil because Suudi and Company are devils!

Gabbal   

Let the revolution conquer the nation. Inshallah one for all and all for one in the name of Islam.

Will the Islamic Republic of Somalia be our destiny?

^^ I wish some of you will reflect on the long-term consequencies this current in-fighting will have on Somalia, while am delighted to see the Warlords losing ground and support the question is will this renewed fighting merly result in further counter-attack by the Warlords.

The only group happy with the situation are the enemies of Somalia. I do hope the Islamic realise this enemy and formulate stragedies to defeat it ... and force is not the way to it.

Jabhad   

I'm 110% in support of the Islamic courts if they bring justice and stability to Somalia, no matter what outside forces think.

Rahima   

The fact that a lot of women came out to support them is a testimony to extent of support they can rely on. Somalis (in somailia especially have sufferes significantly under the warlords and the Wadaads with all there down faults (soorry Naden & Socod Baden) have proofed to be the best alternative.

Point I’ve always argued on this forum and now it's becoming evident to more people.

In Somalia and Mogadishu especially you have a choice of either the warlords or the courts. There is a reason why the populace are supporting the courts, namely because they provide the best alternative. They aren’t perfect as no political/social entity in Somalia is, but they provide best what the people require.

This is what it comes down to, the people of Mogadishu have spoken on the matter and it is for them to decide who they support. The objections of outsiders (those not residents of the city) are irrelevant for they are not directly held hostage by the warlords.

Will the Islamic Republic of Somalia be our destiny?

I hope but doubt- not whilst the US is interfering in our affairs and we have gaalo raac running around like headless chooks.