Sign in to follow this  
Xassan Nasra Allah

How could the RPG made more powerfull?

it amazes me that nowadays, the RPG is the key weapon of choice for the iraqi fighters. RPG, as you all know stands for rocket propelled grenades aka baazuka. the iraqis are using RPG 7 which is a soviet made model. i doubt if the soveits provided their latest models tothe iraqis, nevertheless, the RPGs have proved effective in destroying bradleys, and humvee and other vehicles, but failed to destroy the Abrams tanks, which are heavily armored.

my question to the Nomad Metalurgical engineers, is how could the RPG rounds made highly xblosive and armor peircing?

any ideas.

N.O.R.F   

not really an expert on this field how about puttin more grenades on? the armour of the Iraqis is nothing compared to that of the USA and UK, like Farraris Vs Nissan Sunnys! so i think brain power will be needed alot more than who has the best armour!

BN   

Xassan,

The Iraqis can use Depleted Uranium. That's what the americans use to slice through anything with their "precision" BOMBS...Although that does lead to cancer in the civilian population...

God help the Iraqi People.

I hope the American/British aggressors will make Iraq their GRAVE...Maybe that will take their arrogance away.

Salaam

Originally posted by Xassan Nasra Allah:

it amazes me that nowadays, the RPG is the key weapon of choice for the iraqi fighters. RPG, as you all know stands for rocket propelled grenades aka baazuka. the iraqis are using RPG 7 which is a soviet made model. i doubt if the soveits provided their latest models tothe iraqis, nevertheless, the RPGs have proved effective in destroying bradleys, and humvee and other vehicles, but failed to destroy the Abrams tanks, which are heavily armored.

my question to the Nomad Metalurgical engineers, is how could the RPG rounds made highly xblosive and armor peircing?

any ideas.

Hi XNA

RPG's werent' designed to take out tanks, or other heavily armored vehicles at first place. To take out those heavily armored American tanks, you'd need nothing less than an anti-tank missile. Anti-Tank weopons have their own different category in warfare.

shyhem   

Rpg are deadly weapons however its suicidal to point at objects at higher angles like a ahelicopter.Blackhawk was brought down in somalia coz somalis were smart enough to modify the RPG by putting a metal deflector on the rear end.

The Iraq are not using Rpg to destroy the american tanks-the abrams,but they do have a weapon of precise destruction.The KORNET-E is a soviet made tank buster that is highly effective against modern tanks with double heavy shield.It can be used both at night and day.Furthermore K-E has alaser guided beam thats logs on the enemy tank and detroys everything including the crew,but i'm not sure how many of this iraq has.

Originally posted by Shyhem:

K-E has alaser guided beam thats logs on the enemy tank and detroys everything including the crew,but i'm not sure how many of this iraq has.

But this will require the person who is firing the missile to be exposed to tanks, or other fires, since he has to keep the laser painted at the tank until impact.

BN   

SomaliaOnline-President,

The Kornet E is suppose to be able to hit tanks/armoured vehicles up to 6,000 yards. I dont see how they would be exposed to fire from enemy forces from that distance and in that short amount of time.

Originally posted by Bari_Nomad:

SomaliaOnline-President,

The Kornet E is suppose to be able to hit tanks/armoured vehicles up to 6,000 yards. I dont see how they would be exposed to fire from enemy forces from that distance and in that short amount of time.

Hi BN.

Just like anything else that uses laser, you'd need a LINE of SIGHT with your target. And in doing so, you'd be exposed to enemy fire in everywhere.

BN   

SomaliaOnline-President,

I understand what your saying now. I wanted to ask why dont the Palistinians have these anti tank missiles--since the yahuud have M1A1 Abrams tanks like the US? I have also read that in 1998 Syria bought 500+ Kornet E's from Russia--these would be a lot more effective against tanks in Palestine then rocks/stones.

What do you guys think?

Thanks to the Nomads that contributed to this thread and enlightened us about the existance of this lightweit koronet.

i hope the ciraqis have plenty of these, to use them especially in baqdaad firefight insha allah.

Originally posted by Bari_Nomad:

SomaliaOnline-President,

I understand what your saying now. I wanted to ask why dont the Palistinians have these anti tank missiles--since the yahuud have M1A1 Abrams tanks like the US? I have also read that in 1998 Syria bought 500+ Kornet E's from Russia--these would be a lot more effective against tanks in Palestine then rocks/stones.

What do you guys think?

Hi BN

I dont know why the Palis dont have any anti-missile, but my guess is the Yahuudi state doesnt want them to.

If you can remember back to 2001 (02?) the palis have destroyed 5-10 Yahuudi main battle tanks using land mines. So, they aren't totally defenseless against M1 tanks.