Sign in to follow this  
Scientist

Gaabow, Yaloxow, Tootow, and now Roobow

Gaabow, Yaloxow, Tootow, and now Roobow,

The list goes on and on and on, this week they created new warlords in Mogadishu, land of warlords and anarchy, I think thats the new year's Somali dictionary enteries.

Actually that is funny, but MMA is wright that those names are Somali names. Even though their prominane in politics have been by Yalaxow and Gabow or the Mogadishu factions...

Gaaboow, Yalaxoow, Tootoow, Rooboow and other "oow" are authentic Soomaali names. "Scientist" isn't

Maskiin, you are Maskiin, you know nothing, Thank god My name is not OOW, I wonder what Fowdo and oow share, AHA its the ow they share.

Jabhad   

Gaabow, Yaloxow, Tootow, and now Roobow,

The list goes on and on and on, this week they created new warlords in Mogadishu, land of warlords and anarchy, I think thats the new year's Somali dictionary enteries.

This is an insult to Mogadishu(Xamar) our capital and the 2.5 million people who call it home.

waraa7pi.jpg

Aerial photographs of Mogadishu

Soori, macalinka, but the picture was too large, obscuring the screen. I resized it.

[ January 04, 2006, 03:20: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Maskiin, you are Maskiin, you know nothing, Thank god My name is not OOW, I wonder what Fowdo and oow share, AHA its the ow they

Obviously, your lack of Soomaali language is evident. Let me take an opportunity to educate you about he suffix "oow" and where it derived from.

Oow derives from the Soomaali word of 'aw,' which in turn means something or someone old; sometimes it refers to lineage, especially when it is used in the context of "awoowe" and "abtirsi" (ab is the same as aw, Soomaalis sometimes pronounce differently, though same meaning). It also sometimes means "the father of..."

Awdal [aw dal], for example, means the "father of nation." It was aptly named that because that region has a deep history.

If it is suffix, aw mostly becomes oow. It mostly follows Soomaali nicknames, sometimes too to real names.

So when you hear "gaaboow," know it means "the father of shortness." [it is not literal, but the guy is obviously too short.] Same with Yalaxoow, meaning the "father of timo jileec." Not literal meaning, again.

Anyway, before you despise your own Soomaali words, learn them beforehand, Mr. "Scientist".

Gabbal   

So "Yalax" means timo jilic? Interesting, aduunbo wax baad baran.

Miskiin you have to also understand there are dialects and different sayings and meanings to a same word or not, marka do try to be patient more then anything else.