Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Is this really Boorama?

JB: lately you keep telling us nothing major is happening, the elction never come, the US government attacks your position, the fighting in Gabilay region and now the blue flag being waved in Borama . I am not worked dear Lad but secessionists everywhere should be.

Paragon   

Not really a big news is it?

Two boys got very angry and displayed the blue flag. Hardly a blue revolution, is it?

don't read too much into the blue flag this is not the first time .. I was there the last time they rioted carrying the blue flag.

tolow is this related to the recent land disputes between reer borame and reer gabilay

the point of demarcation between the two reer is not clear .. east of Dila falls under reer gabilay and west of dila including dila fall under reer borame ..but they inter-marry so much that it is almost impossible to differentiate

Paragon   

Demo in a democratic system is simply normal. They do demos in London too. It's to raise greviences and I am sure the local elders are working on it already.

We need no young boys boiling into violence while getting encouragement. Meeshaasi waa nabad. Sidaa ha loo daayo.

sool_boy   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

Could Riyaale, the great performer be behind all these tricks so as to win another 5 year term on the basis of "uniting the country" and "saving Somaliland" ??.

Hmmm …

Hmmmmm , it could be so... riyale is like(vote for me , or awdal will go away with me) :D

we all know rer awdal, sool, sanaag and cayn keep the Somali flag under their pillows and I have yet too see an awdalite demonstration without the Somali flag. And no, tribal warfare and waving the supposedly foreign flags is not the "usual democracies".

if anything, when people are upset with their governments they carry their national flags and not those of other countries or one you seceded from. These "periphery" communities as they are called in Hargeisa now, have real and legitimate concern about this Somaliland experiment and instead of Hargeisa focusing on addressing these concerns even if the goal is secession or autonomy in a federal Somalia, Hargeisa is busy with which of three old man is to receive what in ridiculous political pension.