Sign in to follow this  
Qudhac

Somaliland Gas Company

AZ,

You're absolutely right about solar power but one step at a time; little by little we can increase the pace and learning curve. This is a good start if what JB says about the price differential between the gas and charcoal is correct. Gives an alternative that's not clean fuel, but environmentally cleaner than the previous alternative (charcoal).

For those of us,who travel throughout the African continent, we see what's occurring in other African states. These type of endeavors are always funded by Western NGOs or Bilateral Aid Governmental Agencies with Western nationals taking the lion's share of the profits. Maybe, I'm speaking too soon since I'm assuming that it's a Somali owned enterprise.

But so far, impressive!

Nephissa   

This is so like 1980s, [snaps fingers], boombalo gas shimee isticmaali jirnay in Xamar!

Anyways, gas stoves needs to be watched constantly, if not used correctly, it can destroy a whole village in minutes.

Chimera   

MF i wasn't trying to downplay SomGas which from the looks of it is a more environmentally friendly and less costly energy source. I was highlighting what Allah(swt) blessed us with, which is the Sun. Countries such as Spain are making full use of their climate, even the warmer states of the US have their Solar fields

Blessed   

African Own.

I'm well acquainted with the fact that the people have been through a lot. What has the availability of gas cylinders got to do with that?? God, it gets better..

Some people were already shipping them from Carabta for years. It only makes life easy for those who have the money and benefits that particular company. This is good PR for that company and that's all but it's not amazing news to me because I think Somaalis are capable of more. *shock*

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Qudhac:

bal tan yare siyad ku walatay, walaal take a rest sometimes and chill

Waadh ka beydh baan ku idhi...

Ooda, which statement burnt you this time? Someone (from your peeps) used 'jaad' as an example, where jaad has no business being mentioned (gas costing $10 and not $50), not I...Bal ilaahaan kugu dhaarshee, sheekadu xaageebuu jaad kasoo galaa? C'mon, you're still not stuck on that marqaan comment I made days ago, are you? :D You got my attention now, what's up? Warka soo daa! None about jaad though pls... ;)

Qudhac   

tan qaad iyo sigaar iyo mirqaan ayuun bay ka sheekaysaa, everything she say has to be about qaad sigaar iyo mirqaan,

.... that must say something

Kool_Kat   

^Yea, says a lot about waxa jaadka cuna ee marqaansan...Bal hadeydaan wax isku ogeen, maxaa idin gubaya idinka oo aad meela uga soo haadeysaan? Truth hurts, soo lama odhan jidhin horta Qudhacooq?

Qudhac   

are you 11 years old!!!!!! what on earth are talking about???? truth hurts?? please say something coherent instead of all these childish comments.

qof dumara oo qaad iyo mirqaan uun ka sheekeeya waa ceeb in our culture.

MZanzi   

our culture has lost its sense of shame--so adigan dumarka latirsanayo ...wax iskufal oo gabarta macasha oga fuq

Kool_Kat   

^^Hehehehehe@macasha uga fuq...Ma'ila aragtaybo...Meeshii jaad lagu sheego waa la'isku habar wacanaa...Kahadalkii xataa...Shiish...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL@waa ceeb in our culture...That is as real as me being 11 years of age...

Wadhyee Qudhacoow, dee walaalo adiga wixii kuu dumara bar iney ceebtahay in qaad iyo marqaanka eysan ka hadal... ;) Hadaad cunikartaan, maxaan looga hadli karin oo ceeb kadhigay anigu yaabayee? Ka hadalkii haduu ceeb yahayse maxaa loo cunaa?

Qaad anyone!

Qudhac   

kk

hadii somali cunto markaa ma shekaa laga dhigtaa ilay aduun baa ka hadlee?

or does that topic intrest you that much... understood....

topic closed

Kool_Kat   

Qudhac, topic isn't closed, wah...We're just getting started...Maxaa adi topic qaad kusaabsan uga gubanee? That's what I don't understand...

On a serious note, aniga sheeko kama dhigin...Ee like I said before, someone used qaad/sigaar as an example instead of the more important things in life...So I thought there surely must be something/anything more important worth mentioning that's worth $10 in Hargeysa than qaad as an example, specially in a thread where horumarka wadanka lagaga hadlaayo (ie. gasoline company)...Understood!

Now we can close this topic...What's next?

Originally posted by Adam-Zayla:

Solar power is the future!

Nellis2.jpg

With our hot climate we would be blessed with power for life

Solar power is expensive though initially, but it's definitely the future energy in somalia if we are smart.

I was reading an article a while back about a solar powered desalination plant in australia which was very interesting, something similar could done in somalia(puntland), but the problem is the cost is something around 300 million. Maybe in the future, because water will be a scarce resource soon and somali climate is perfect for solar power.

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

^^Hehehehehe@macasha uga fuq...Ma'ila aragtaybo...Meeshii jaad lagu sheego waa la'isku habar wacanaa...

Xaa hee ,, qaadka maxaan isugu habar wacan waynay idinkuba meeshii Pirate marka laga hadlo waad isu habar wacataane ,,,,,, :D:D