Sign in to follow this  
Jumatatu

President C/llahi asks Bush to fight terrrorism in Somalia

Wiilo   

SmithNWestern dear, wrlords that includes the president too right.

I don't see what foreing troops can do in Somalia that Somalis can't.

Wiilo, has Somalia an army or security forces? Does it need training and support to create such an entity?

Also do you suppose the President and PM will undermine the success of the government they are heading?

:D

Jumatatu   

Smith as usual and typical of you your arguments are weak and do not posses enough element to constitute a position of stance. Unfortunately it is the same with our President. First and foremost who does the national security and stability of Somalia concern, the parliament, not the AU, nor Zenawi or even either president Cabdalla and Museveni. Hence the point of start for C/llahi Yusuf should be the parliament that elected him. Was the issue of disarmanent and construction of National security forces raised in Parliament, no. Both in his inaguration and swearing in speech the President was hasty in the call for foreign troops.

The problem exists and should be tackled lets not be abstract about it, but the approach to tackle it is delicate and needs tact and ability which is either absent from this President or he wants others to do his dirty work for him.

And also note his call for foreign troops was not heeded neither forthcoming from foreign countries. But the question in here is it clearly displays the president's intention, he does not want a SOmali solution or even one from his Parliament.

Now you said :

However if some of our MP’s and other groups outside the parliament decide to take the selfish route then there has to be a way of dealing with them.

In other words force will be used, tell me where is the reconciliation in here and what makes you think the foreign troops and that that support C/llahi Yusuf are immune from repercussion of harm they cause.

Let me remind you again this is a reconciliation parliament, president and government (once it is established), thus it should be as such no force but through understanding and dialogue we can form and shape a better Somalia, Inshallah.

Any other approach fuels and expands the disarry that exists.

Wiilo   

We need all of that, but the question is why is he (A/Lahi) asking foreing troops? And why is he even putting Somali and Terror in one Sentence?

I'm not trying to ignore what this newly government needs, security, army, all those, but, ur not fighting with ur anemy here, ur dealing with ur brothers who just happened to be having a weapons (a lot of them) so what u need is just have a talk with them. But not request foreing troops, ur creating another problem there instead of solving the problem that was already exist there.

I think this govenment have all the chances and opportunities that all other "Somali governments" didn't, and if C/lahi yusuf and his Administration did not capitalised this opportunities to diarm the warlords and creat stable and strong government, then it will be very hard to get another opportunity where all the warlords supporting the goverment.

Juma

My stance is simple, Somalia needs an army that can control the whole country, and there must be no clan, courts, business or individual security forces in the country. There must be a limit to the ownership of weapons by individuals.

Now, why you get defensive about this issue I don’t know, maybe you are in favour of independent militias roaming around the country, doing as they please.

The problem exists and should be tackled lets not be abstract about it, but the approach to tackle it is delicate and needs tact and ability which is either absent from this President or he wants others to do his dirty work for him.

The opposite view is the President is a realist, an experienced military man who understands the magnitude of the problem and has taken steps to get support from the neighbouring countries. It is after all the neighbouring countries who have armed opposing factions since the outbreak of the war.

As ever you don’t present a real clear alternative to the issue of foreign forces apart from lets trust the Somali factions to keep their word, what if some don’t?

Irrational hysteria and closet clan sentiment does not excuse the fact that Somalia has multitude of warring factions, many with various reasons for exiting all hampering the progress and development of the nation.

Wiiilo,

Somalia is a failed state and it must not become a haven for drug production and what many refer to as terrorism. The best way to insure this is by giving the country back to the people and making it transparent so there is no excuse to say that it is a hide out for terrorism.

Abwaan   

I think Abdullahi Yusuf and those who are calling for International Troops to be brought in Somalia are doing so because they think that armed malitias will lay their weapons down or there might be some other objectives of theirs, but what they don't understand is that in both cases the idea of foreign troops will not work at all.

If bringing the Somali people together, which Mr Yusuf keeps on saying is true agenda of his let him try to convince the warlords (which he was a senior member of them before his election) and let them participate in the government. It doesn’t mean that I put all my trust in warlords but it is at least to reach a reconciliation. However, he better forget this claim of terrorists in Somalia, which I think is baseless.

NGONGE   

Heh. Terrorism in Somalia? Just reading that sentence gives me the giggles. :D

Well, I suppose terrorism is in fashion these days, every country in the world uses it as an excuse to smother any form of opposition. If Bush, Putin, Mubarak and others can use it, why not Cabdullahi Yusuf? He’s the President of Somalia, dammit. :D

Gabbal   

Smith and Juma get over it puhleez :rolleyes:

It is obvious clan has alot to do with one you guy's strong stance against the government and the others over-anticipated support. ;)icon_razz.gif

Jumatatu   

Smith if you could get through your one track mind that no country is willing to commit troops to Somalia today as it is, then may be we could talk about what is needed by the President in co-operation with the Parliament and the government to create the situation in which forerign troops can be helpful

You see unlike you I see the joint and concerted effort of the Parliament, President and the government of Somalia as a solution to the problem, while you see the solution to foreign invassion. As far as terrorism is concerned, I think it is used as a tool nowdays to get the help of Bush.

HA sxb I think your assumption is way offline, at least on me. I'm not and nor is anyone questioning the legality of the President or the Parliament, but by questioning its motives it does not necessarily have to reflect to being opposer. The over riding belief of all is the fact that this is probably the last chance we have to create a nation that is unified but alas we seemed to be making all the moves on the opposite direction.

Rahima   

The Culima are not terrorists

According to our president and certain MPs they are.

Man, stop deluding yourself brother Smith :D , adeer CY detests the people of the diin.

I’m sure almost every Somali knows that, except may be you ;) - hence the terrorists he speaks of are the culima and the people of the religion.

Have you forgotten the cries of post-9/11? Remember how our president was crying to the Americans then :rolleyes: ? This is no surprise, but alas what can we do.

Difficult situation to be in, anarchy or this :confused: ? We’ll have to do with Gaalo stepping all over us- and even worse we ask for it.

Man, stop deluding yourself brother Smith , adeer CY detests the people of the diin.

That must mean he hates his own daughter who is very religious and a large number of his inner family who also are.

Or are you of a special people of the deen?

Rahima, a Muslim must not slander other muslim's specialy those they do not know, its evident you dont know President Abdullahi and are going by what your clans folk are feeding you ;)

Its funny how irrational some people get,

What Culima are you on about? Is it Yusuf Inda Cade and Xasan Dhari Aweys?

Your talking loads of trash, to think that you care more and are more religious than everyone else is silly and that you are a defender of the faith when we are not is just insane.

:D

Rahima   

Rahima, a Muslim must not slander other muslim's specialy those they do not know, its evident you dont know President Abdullahi and are going by what your clans folk are feeding you

Do you know Maxamad Sh. Cusmaan (co-owner of Dalsan ;) )? The Somali scholar? Very good family friend.

Ask him and if you can't go find out who he is and what he thinks of our presidents stance on the religious folks.

This will be interesting :D .

Smith, not everyone functions on qabiil brother. There are many religious people who hail from PL who say the exact same thing about our president. This ain't no qabiil conspiracy nor is it a secret.

Anyway worry not, we still support the government ;) .

Is that rash (from the stress) diminishing :D ?

Do you know Maxamad Sh. Cusmaan (co-owner of Dalsan )? The Somali scholar? Very good family friend.

LOL, I know him, I have love and admiration for him. I also know that he is a rival politicaly to the President and it has been bad from the days of Al-Itixad conflict with the SSDF.

Dear Rahima its not good putting words in people's mouth for I knwo Shiekh Mohamed did not say that the President hates ISALM. :D As you want to convince us.

Is that rash (from the stress) diminishing

You the one who is mentioning stress dear, winners dont stress :D

Rahima   

Dear Rahima its not good putting words in people's mouth for I knwo Shiekh Mohamed did not say that the President hates ISALM. As you want to convince us.

You are so sad walaahi. Did i say the man hates Islam? I said he doesn't like the people of the religion (the truly religious folks).

CY is of the old school of Muslims, he likes what we now term as moderates. Dirac is astur type of Muslims. Anything more and you are a terrorist.

LOL, I know him, I have love and admiration for him. I also know that he is a rival politicaly to the President and it has been bad from the days of Al-Itixad conflict with the SSDF.

Thought you would smile.gif . So what is the difference between Maxamad Sh. Cusmaan and Xassan Daahir Aweys? You do know that they are very good friends do you not? You do know that Maxamad Sh. Cusmaan supports him very much? So i ask you, how can you dislike Xassan Dahir aweys but admire and love Maxamad Sh. Cusmaan. These two men hold the same views and fight for the same cause- only one small difference. Qabiil.

Somalis and their bias- amazing :confused: .

You the one who is mentioning stress dear, winners dont stress

Cajiib :rolleyes:

So is CY the president of Somalia (which i am a citizen of) or does he represent a qabiil.

Me is confused, am i naive?

OG_Girl   

Hmm... I know any one asking their freedom and their rights are terrorists regardless their religion BUT if you are muslim that is bonus for them as we say is like killing 2 birds on one stone ...Ofcourse on the ayes of West and Papa Bush!!!!

Wallaho a3lam smile.gif

Salam