Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Dancing Fever?

Jaabir   

Nur Walaahi you are extremely talented masha alaaah..your essay was well written and well laid out.. saxiibow please keep your inspiring thoughts flowing our way,,, you are making the Islam thread more popular.. Jazaak alaah khayr brother..

Sabha   

Habari yako brothers

Entrepreneur you knew the kind of wedding your invited to. so u did expect that kind of dance too. brother here in toronto nowerdays we dont have mixed weeding so next time insha allah we will invite u to IMO again. brother nur yes we do have somalian MP in the parliments and one somalian girl too.

salam to u all

Macalin   

Salaam aleekum

Sxb Ent nice story,kinda interesting yet educative abt the shiyadeen.

Q...u from NFD>? i heard u say 'Dansa'

Coloow   

Sabha; I have decided not to attend any more wedding. The costs (spiritual; financial) are too high. Even the so called wadaad weddings cost too much money that could have been used to help our society back home in africa. I miss the old kind of weddings (The afar faataxo ones)!

Lakkad, yes I am from there gurba keen. I really miss speaking the "akam jirte" dialect. Back home we only spoke that dialect...do you speak it?

Macalin   

LOL..Ent, No i dont speak GurbaaKeena Lingua.

Few words i know laakin:

Odees Aboo?

Akam Re?..faya?...Iyoole faya?

Nageena Badhaadha...lol and a few Others

So u Must be from 'Dawa river'? Just a Hunch

Nur   

Entreprenuer and lackad

I think that we may have missed the topic objective of this post, I intended it to shed some light on the moral problem of Music and dancing that appeals to so many of our people, regardless of their social, intellectual or age group, and the position of islam in addessing this issue, I would appreciate if we can talk about this problem to share your insights.

Nur

out of curiosity what in the world did you wrote lakkad and what is this gramgramland nur and entre are found of saying. i have been visiting many somali websits and believe me there is this mali thing that is going on and gramgramland so would someone please shed some light for me here. nur a nice piece you got out there but sorry i have never been to a place where satan is the leader. in my neck of the wood we got no somali=no wedding

Nur   

Thunder walaal

The traditional Qaadiriya, Saalixiya Dhiker circles and the Shadhiliya and Burhaniya Sufi dhiker circles of Sudan and Egypt respectively are the interface of islam with pagan traditions that Muslims came in contact with and as result Islam became the porfessed religion and content of the dhiker while paganism rituals remained the core practice of these orders.

The Sufi dance is a degenerate form of wosrhip, and it is not fro Allah as the prophet of allah SWT taught the proper way to worship Allah SWT.

Nur

Coloow   

Nuurow,

saaxib, it depends isn't it? some dikri lyrics are poetic and regard praises of islam while some are not!

Non-spritual sufism was about spreading islam - and played a communicative role in relaying the message.

Two good examples: sayid maxamed cabdulle xasan (the poems)

Sheikh aweys who took islam to southern africa.

Laakin wax waliba haddii laga badbadiyo waa sun!

Coloow   

Sundus, garamgaramland is home to the reer garamgaram who are composed of the reer qurac, reer qansax, reer garas. In recent years garamgramland was invaded by their reer mareer cousins.

well, actually garamgaram is used to describe somalis who live in the northern frontier district (NFD). This piece of land was stolen by the sankadhuude-lete kpande- who call it NEP(North eastern province).

I hope I have shed some light!

Nur   

Entreprenuer Bro.

Walaal we need to differenciate beteen faith and fun, inshAllah, if all goes well for you and me, we shall dance in jannah with xuurul ceyn, why do you want to jumb dance with not so well scented xertii sheikh aweys, when you can be in the company of the udgoonka Xuur al ceynta? only if you focus your ibaadah and make it according to Sunnah 100% ?

Nur

Coloow   

Nuurow waa runtaa saaxib! This dhal awliyo does not dance to the sheylilah beat! However, I think if you look at the historical perspective, you would understand the reason why in dark africa the sheikhs used the dikhri. It was part of a persuation strategy!

Paragon   

Brother Nuur, garamgramland would be freed from the
madaxkoraankor

Entre lol sxb.. walaahi I haven't heard this world for quite sometime. ...it was islaantoo aan deris eheen's favourite word... "bello kula madaxkoraankornaatey" lol...those were days when you could hear the ...fimirimbi before bringing down the flag .... and if you don't stand uptight like a rock...your fate is not secure.

Raxmah   

I think I somehow this post

It was scary thinking about being possesed by sheitan, may allah guide us and keep us in this strainght path.

Jazakallah Nur, we need more essays like this to open our eyes b4 its too late.