Sign in to follow this  
Nur

The Thunder ( Surah Al Racd) Windows To Another World

Nur   

Ramadhaan Mubaarak Nomads

As we have planned, we are going to start our Quraan Program.

As per your votes, in the next few days, InshaAllah we will focus on the modern implications of some of the verses and keywords that open huge doors to knowledge in islam, so let us get going, what are you all waiting for, are we all ready?

I need to get 10 hits on this pages before we present the first Surah: The Thunder ( Al Racd ). We will push the envelope of imagination in this great Surah, this Surah can change your life beyound recognition if you place your heart with me on this thread, by the time you finsih reading Suratul Racd with tadabbur of its far reaching meanings, you may not easily fit back into your old profile, this is a warning for those who are not aware how profoundly Quraan in general, and this Surah in particular can make you the person you always wanted to be but were oblivious as to how to achieve that goal.

For homework, if you want me to expand on this Surah, as your lead facilitator, you must:

1. Read the Surah in English or Arabic if you can read and understand

2. Make notes of verses that you need clarification

3. Select words ( arabic) that you need to know their deeper meaning ( we are going below the surface in the ocean of tafseer)

So, Nomads, the ball is in your court, and it is the law of demand and supply that will drive this topic or any other, so make my day, Yaa Geelleey!

Nur

Rahima   

ASC,

Could you please clarify two ayahs for now:

1. They ask you to hasten the evil before the good, while (many) exemplary punishments have indeed occurred before them. (Ayah 6)

2. And unto Allah (alone) falls in prostration whoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, and so do their shadows in the morning and in the afternoon. (15)

BTW, if there so happens to be an attendance list, XAADIRAH MACALIN :D:D (At least that’s we say in dugsi,lol)!

Assalamu Alaikum,

Masha'Allah, Suurah Ar-Ra'd is one of my favourite suurahs. I'm looking forward to this new thread. May ALLAH (swt) increase you in all that is good akhi Nur.

Wa Billahi Tawfiq

Thunder   

Asalaamu 3alaykum

1)Lahu mucaaqibaatun min bayni yadayhi wamin khalfihi yaxfaduunuhu min amrilaahi ina laaha laa yughayiru maa biqawmin xataa yughayaruu maa bi'anfusihim, wa idaa araadu laahu biqawmin suu'an falaa marada lahu, wamaa lahum min duulihi min waalin.

2)Awamal yaraw ana na'til arda nanqusuhaa min adrafihaa, walaahuyaxkumu laa mucaqiba lixukmihi wahuwa sariicul xisaab.

Sorry I couldn't find the arabic script so this the best I could do.

LuCkY   

Im need more profound eLucidation on these two ayats at the moment:

13-Wayusabbihu alrraAAdu bihamdihi waalmalaikatu min kheefatihi wayursilu alssawaAAiqa fayuseebu biha man yashao wahum yujadiloona fee Allahi wahuwa shadeedu almihali

14-Lahu daAAwatu alhaqqi waallatheena yadAAoona min doonihi la yastajeeboona lahum bishayin illa kabasiti kaffayhi ila almai liyablugha fahu wama huwa bibalighihi wama duAAao alkafireena illa fee dalalin

Nur   

Salaams

Walaaloyaal

I was away, I did not forget about this thread, as a matter of fact it is my favored topic, Al Racd is very touching.

Rahima sis

Complex mind

InshaAalah I will treat the two verses with my insights, please visit again.

Thunder

MashAllah, two powerful Tawheed verses, we shall visit them too.

Lucky

Your sleected verses are also verses that I want to expand in the coming days.

For all viewers

This Surah is special, Inshallah, its treatment will also be special, I will approch it in a wholistic way, not fragments of verses, what i am after is to tie many concepts in a uniformly connected fields of knowledge, such that when we read the surah again, we find deeper meanings burried beyound the surface, and as you all know, in the ocean, the deeper you dive, the dimmer it gets, so you will need to bring with you powerful lights to see deeper, and what could be more enlightening tool than the ibaadah of the month of ramadan so that we can see farther and deeper with the baseerah lenses of taqwa.

Don't go away!

I will right back

Nur

Muhammad   

» Asalamu Alaykum, Ramadaan Kariim

Masha'Allah brother Nur a great choice, Surah Al Ra'd is one of my most beloved Surahs.

I am afraid I have many verses that I would like you to go over and share your knowledge with us:

1. verse(1)

A.L.M.R. - can you tell us more about it, Is it only Allah who knows its meanings or did the prophet know?

2. verse(2)

"Allah is He Who raised the heavens without any pillars that ye can see;.."

I have read somewhere that Arabs at the time of the prophet believed that the mountains where holding up the sky.

".. He has subjected the sun and the moon! Each one runs (its course) for a term appointed..."

Now this is very interesting! and I'm sure all those who took Astronomy know why. This is excatly how Astronomers explain the Planetary Orbits around the Sun and the Moon's orbit around the earth.

verse (3)

"And it is He Who spread out the earth, and set thereon Mountains standing firm,.."

This also relates to verse two, isn't it saying that the mountains are not pillars that hold up the heavens but they are actually holding down the earth.

Also hence Mountains play a very important role and they protect the earth in may ways. And Mountains are not only what we see that are above sea-level - mountains also go deeper inside earth and most of the mountain is beneath sea-level. That is why folcanos usually come out of the mountains - thus the mountains let the earth breath in a way.

verses(3,4)

At the end of both these two verses Allah(swt) says: "Behold, verily in these things there are Signs for those who consider!"(3) and "Behold, verily in these things there are Signs for those who understand!"(4)

Is this an invitation for us to study and learn the sciences, because both of these verses discuss science, and I have seen many times in the Qur'an verses that end with that?

4. verse(11)

"For each (person) there are (angels) in succession, before and after him; they guard him by command of Allah."

are these Angels different from the ones that are recording the deeds? And who are they guarding (us) from? shaydaan? do they also guard the kufar?

"Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves.."

could you please also explain this more - reflecting on our(somali and the ummah's) condition today. what 'with-in us' must we change?

verse (12)

"It is He Who doth show you the lightning, by way both of fear and hope.."

I do understand how it shows fear but could you also explain how it shows hope.

I don't know if this story is true, but I heard from a very faithful brother - that some Muslims who where getting ready for prayer at a Mosque one day. One of the them had little mental-illness. They where discussing politics and how the Kufar have Nukes and WBD while the Muslims only have stones. It was raining that day and suddently they all heard a loud Thunder-bolts and they all shook and Jumped up. The one with that had the mental problem didn't - he looked at them and said: "They (the kufar) may have nukes and WMD But Those (the Thunders) are our (weapons)."

verse(15)

"Whatever beings there are in the heavens and the earth do prostrate themseves to Allah.."

hmm.. get ready sci-fi fans. could there be other beings out there? or are there only angels?

verse(28)

"Those who believe, and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah: for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction."

nomads reflect on this verse carefully!

verse (41)

"See they not that We gradually reduce the land from its outlying borders?"

can you touch on this also. is it refering to the rising of sea-level?

Jazakallahu Khayr - I'm looking forward to reading your wisdom.

Ramadan Kariim brothers/sisters and May Allah accept your fasting and dua. Amiin!

(ps. sorry for any miss-spellings I had to write this in a short-time and couldn't double-check it)

Xafsa   

3. And it is He who spread out the earth, and set thereon mountains standing firm and (flowing) rivers: and fruit of every kind He made in pairs, two and two: .......

5. If thou dost marvel (at their want of faith), strange is their saying: "When we are (actually) dust, shall we indeed then be in a creation renewed?" They are those who deny their Lord! They are those round whose necks will be yokes (of servitude): they will be Companions of the Fire, to dwell therein (for aye)!