Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

A Political Quagmire Sprouting in Somaliland

Not only distressing but also disturbing news coming out of the HR?s old protectorate.

Recent events including the killing of the Italian old lady - the only Samaritan for the forgotten Somalis, burning to the ground of the only high school in Burao, recent preying on foreigners in Erigavo, elites leaving Hargeisa in drives in the darkness, armed convoys on its way to Burao, arrests for expression of political views, hordes of traditional elders convening in UAE for the past few months awaiting travel arrangement to be flown to Nairobi, the former mayor of Berbera now on the run hiding in Burao, Qaybe in hiding for his own safety, Mr Oodweyne bent as ever in waging a war in his feeble attempts to erecting an empire on docile props in the Horn, and the list goes on ??

Trouble brewing it appears in the land of the Duriya. Anyone care to elaborates?

[ December 23, 2005, 22:07: Message edited by: Admin ]

Lixle   

The Riyaale government has recently commissioned a team to travel to Mogadishu to further implement its faction cultivating strategy under the guise of mediating warring factions in Mogadishu. The intent of this initiative is said to be an attempt to deflect any influence potential federal government could exercise in the region, in other words preemptive strike against a government which might bring an end to the 13 year-old Somali conflict. In a recent interview, one of the traditional leaders appointed to engage faction leaders stated that “with the knowledge of the President [Riyaale] and the Council of Elders [a/k/a Guurti], we are going to mediate ****** warring factions in Mogadishu. Elaborating his stance as to why the sudden interest, the Sultan added that the Nairobi peace talks are bound to result in the formation of a national government which will claim Somaliland [northwest regions of Somalia] as being part of Somalia, therefore we must not wait until that day, but we must engage others on the opposition corner”. Along side him, the chairman of the Council of Elders Sheikh Ibrahim Y. Sh. Madar while addressing his contemporaries called upon the Riyaale government to wage a war against the neighboring Puntland State of Somalia of which its leadership is considered a proponent of federalism.

How can this ignorant fool prove his claims that I qoute "Riyaale Government has recently commissioned a team to further implement its faction cultivating strategy under the guise of mediating warring factions in Mogadishu" unqoute

This fool has mistaken Somaliland's "Golaha Guurtida" with the Somaliland's "Golaha Salaadiinta". That is what happens when you have so little knowledge or you try to jump the facts and invent your own mere drools.

The rest of this drooling is meagre nonsense; He is trying to tell us, Somaliland and the now defunct and demised Artha Faction are on the same league? What a misguided fool.

Lixle   

burning to the ground of the only high school in Burao, recent preying on foreigners in Erigavo, elites leaving Hargeisa in drives in the darkness, armed convoys on its way to Burao, arrests for expression of political views, hordes of traditional elders convening in UAE for the past few months awaiting travel arrangement to be flown to Nairobi, the former mayor of Berbera now on the run hiding in Burao, Qaybe in hiding for his own safety, Mr Oodweyne bent as ever in waging a war in his feeble attempts to erecting an empire on docile props in the Horn, and the list goes on

Samurai Warrior,

Is that all you had come up with? Isolated incidents here and there and you are trying to concoct an argument out of them?

The burning of the Burao School...

You've said, "burning to the ground of the only high school in Burao", let me correct you firstly, this is not the "only high school" as you claimed, Burao in fact has many high schools as well as other Colleges and institutions.

The burning of the Sheekh Bashiir High school was really a sad news. The school was not operational since 1988, when the liberation war started. From 1991 onwards, the school housed many returned refugee families.

The new Burao mayor, who has undertaken many good projects including rehabilitation of many old schools as well as other public infrustracture. Sheekh Bashiir High school was part of this Burao-wide rehabilitation project funded by the local government as well as some international NGOs.

What went wrong in the Sheekh Bashiir story was that, the many families that it housed were simply thrown out of the school and they weren't provided an alternative housing. These families ofcourse needed a roof over their heads, and as we know, the Burao local government didn't take that into the consideration. What ever the motive might be, what we understood was the detested former residents of the school started to burn the whole thing down. Which ofcouse is a sad thing, considering they made the problem a lot worst.

The self-proclaimed so called elders and the berbera former mayor....

"...hordes of traditional elders convening in UAE for the past few months awaiting travel arrangement to be flown to Nairobi, the former mayor of Berbera now on the run hiding in Burao"

It is an open secret, the so called Imaam of Hiraab that wrote the letter calling for the traditional elders of Somaliland to devise their hands into the Southern problems, had infact turned out a "shirqool" headed by the now defunct and demised Artha leader, Abdiqasim Salaad Hassan.

Both the Somaliland political leaders UDUB, KULMIYE and UCID as well as Somaliland house of elders (Golaha Guurtida), and also 40 of the true traditional elders had voiced their opposition of meddling in Southern politics.

The ironic thing is that, those so called fake elders who are of support to this "shirqool" have all been part of the Artha faction in its creation. It is no wonder then, when the whole nation is against this, both the diaspora Somalilanders as well as Somalilanders backhome, both political and none-political wings, these same men are determined to get their share of the promised amount of bribe money.

Somaliland's cause is bigger then a sum of money.

Yasima   

Came down boys - take deep breath!!! Aaah!!

Relax - Now there is a somali saying that goes like this "Elephants don't see the flies on them but they always see the flies on the other Elephants"

NOW CAME DOWN WITH THIS BULLSHIT - U GUYS ARE PUFFING AND POOFING AROUND IN THE INTERNET OK!!!

Sammurai Warrior or should i say ine Yey's Warrior - Stop the propoganda that u are getting from Allpuntland (not at all puntland) website!

KAABISH!!!

pEaCe

Brilliant post again from Samuria Warrior, I believe the writer was fair and analysed the situation in a mature maner.

Mujahid,

Respect to you for at least reading the full texts. How ever you seem to be attacking the messinger more than the message, there are problems with Somaliland today and Faisal Warrabe and others seem nervous, we are trying to understand why.

Yasima,

Sis there is no need to start personal attacks on individuals, rather lets get your view on the post.

Peace people

Mujaahid –Bruv – are you in any position to disprove or support the presented argument which addresses the existence of what the author refers to as “faction cultivating strategy” on the part of Riyaale government? I know that coalition building has never been a strength bestowed upon the political elites in Hargeisa, but you know what, even Yalahow seems to be learning the robes of the political, hierarchical branches of learning where the local Somali politics are concerned. So in all fairness, I would not be surprised if that was the case old chap.

Isolated incidents, my old mate are the only signs one could utilise to interpret so as to comprehend the prevailing conditions in any given situation. Take the case of Gov. Gray Davis of California recalled, the second in the US history. First, the energy crisis which was, mind you his own creation, then came his biggest political blunder of all – passing a law of which provisions allow illegal immigrants (latino - historically supportive of the Democrats) to obtain drivers license in the state. Now, I do not expect anyone to recall Riyaale as the political machinery is not quite in place, but I would not be surprised if things deteriorate reaching beyond redemption. I on my part am crossing my fingers hoping that it will not come to that.

If I were to share with you what I know about the “Isims” convening in UAE, you might be tempted to throttle yourself which is why I shall do no such thing. Add to that, a discussion I have had with one of Silanyo’s intimate advisors in London, you might as well take out the whole family which is again why I shall do no such thing. So you see my old lad, I reckon as I said earlier there is trouble brewing in the land of the Duriya.

By the way did you really listen to the interview with the former mayor now on the run? If so, what was your reading into that? How about the former mayor of Sheikh who is also now in hiding and his whereabouts are not known?

Have a nice weekend old chap.

Cheers.

Lixle   

Smith,

Respect to you for at least reading the full texts. How ever you seem to be attacking the messinger more than the message, there are problems with Somaliland today and Faisal Warrabe and others seem nervous, we are trying to understand why.

That is a mere drooling, did you expect me to read it?

I am wondering what kind of problems? Let me think; you mean the burning of the school, or maybe the killing of the italian nun? or perhaps you are talking about the fake suldaans going to mogadishu?

Let me see how that compares with the office equipments of an NGO in puntland which were stolent by violent gangs? or perhaps the arresting of the former police cheif? or might be the recent developments of difference between top puntland leadership.

You got the drift?

Anways, you can indulge into a debate worthy of the cause and time, but what happens when you try to debate the words of a misguided fool? you become a foolish fool too.

It seems you had found this mere drooling something of your taste, in my corner however, it represents nothing but some rabish propaganda, by fools.

In a nut shell, the arguments of the author of that nonsense drools, is based on fake foundation. When had President Dahir Rayaale and the house of elders/Guurtida (not to be mistaken with Golaha Salaadiinta, as this fool did, they are very different), say there we going to Mogadishu??

The fool, think by Somaliland opposing any outcome from MBegathi, we are aligning ourselves with the TNG other faction in Mogadishu. He is turning a blind eye that Somaliland has always opposed not only this conference but the countless others before it, and will do so any that is after this failing conference too.

Lixle   

Samurai Warior,

Listen my friend, Somaliland, unlike in Puntland where Abdilaahi Yusuf kicks that ball any corner he wishes, is not a one man thing. Somaliland is a cause believed by the average people, like me and my fella Somalilanders in the diaspora or backhome. Somaliland is not the creation of elders, but it is the creation of the people, it is them that have the final say. Very hard for you to understand I assume, since that kind of power by the people, never exist in Southern Somalia.

You talked about so called "Issims" who had a secret meeting in UAE... When you are saying "Isims", I presume you are talking about Somaliland elders. If that was the case and the meeting really took place. My poor friend, that will change ZERO in Somaliland's affairs. Any elder that participates in such anti-Somaliland conference, where the Somaliland people oppose, will end up like the Jama yare and Kaluun, and will spend the rest of their short lifes in exil.

You also talked about a discusion you had with "Silaanyo's" advicer or whatever. My friend, I think you were mistaken, you had a discusions with an imposer smile.gif .

My poor friend, Silaanyo's toughest moment was when in the president elections he was told that his party lost the elections with mere 80 votes. It is an open secret that when we are telling the real truth, it was Silaanyo who won the elections, but with very small number. So, some elders interfered and gave the benefit of the doubt to Dahir Rayaale Kahin, since Silaanyo didn't lead a substantial number of votes to clearly show that he won. It was a very tough dicision but at the end Silaanyo accepted the calls by prominent figures including elders and clan leaders of Somaliland. What am saying is that, if Silaanyo had to start trouble within Somaliland, he could have easily done so at that time, because he had morale rights to not accept a lost something that he had won. But he is a true patriotic leader, who I have every inch of my confidence that he will stand on and difend Somaliland whereever he is.

So, in conclusion, my poor friend, Somaliland is not like South, where one man just goes out and does what ever he wishes. On the contrary, in Somaliiland if one takes such steps, he has to pay a very hefty price. Have in mind, every Somaliland elder has a "name" and "figure" not in Mogadishu or MBagathi, but in Hargeisa. That is the difference. You might indulge yourself into nonsesense, or you might open your eyes and see the real world.

Mujahid,

With all due respect its not a figment of our “southern Imagination” that Somaliland is starting to meddle in Southern Politics. Contrary to what you have stated it was Faisal Cali Warabe leader of the third largest party in the secessionist entity who publicly proposed even writing letters and giving interviews to certain Mogadishu radio stations that he with agreement of all other parties would seek to make peace between the Mogadishu tribe.

This you cannot just shove aside and he [ Warrabe] went on to state that it was because this would ensure the demise of the Nairobi conference.

Also Mujahid there has been a consistent media attack on the Puntland state from all the parties and so called elders which resulted in the setting up of a committee headed by the Vice president to get back Sool and Sanag, this we consider interference, my poor friend.

Also previously there was the attempt by the former NSS colonel Riyale to arm the Gen Cade Musa faction which he based in Ceel Afweyn this also failed to the dismay of the Hargaysa government.

So in conclusion your leaders are meddling and have done so in the past but meddling in other peoples affairs is an art which Egal lacked led alone Kahin.

Anyhow poor friend lets watch and see shall we.

This is another internet post with another good analysis of what the secessionist camp are up to.

Hargeysa vs Nairobi

Somalia and its collection of clans is well studied; and the Somali clan affiliations and territories are unmistakable, and so are the northern Somali Dir clans. From a historical clan perspective, the Dir clan (north and south) had almost always their fair share allotted to them by other Somali clans; and of course from a clan perspective, they expected a fair share from others.

However, for the first time in Somali clan history, without the presence of the northern Dir clans (mainly the ***** ) and authorities, other Somali clans are plotting the future of Somalia. With the leadership of some prominent individuals, in a gathering of ***** elders in Burco, Hargeysa and in Ceerigavo, the elders came to the conclusion to attend the Somali conference and get their fair share as allotted to them by their Dir brethren.

While the conference leadership recognized the existence of the Hargeysa administration, and Somaliland as part of federal Somalia, a new dilemma is being created by the expected arrival in Nairobi of a large delegation consisting of prominent ***** elders. The elders, it is reported, will not claim to represent the Hargeysa administration, but as ***** elders will oversee their allotted share of ***** delegates by their Dir kinsman. The question is: will Mr. Dahir Rayaale, the ruling elite and Hargeysa secessionist watch their power evaporate? Or with the help of their clan elders, will they readily accept reality and wait the successful conclusion of the conference?

With current realities in mind, and as the Somali experience teaches us, there is no better alternative than peace and stability. Indeed the Hargeysa administration has shown signs of maintaining the peace, and improving representation, however one-sided; but recent signs coming out of Hargeysa leave a less to be desired, for Hargeysa and for Somali peace in general. We hope Somalis have learned by now that a clan alliance between Hargeysa and Mogadishu (or a renewal of old allegiances) will not bring much to the regional stability, but will only destroy what little economic development the Somalis have achieved over the last ten years.

It is our hope that former Siad Barre military intelligence officials, including President Rayaale and Mr. Faysal Ali Waraabe, who are accused of taking part the 1980s atrocities of the Siad Barre regime and committing other countless crimes against their own sub-clans, will not be party to renewed crimes against the defenseless and war weary Somalis.

Mbagathi, Nairobi

In conclusion, with so many enemies of peace and stability in Somalia on the loose, as always, we put our faith in God Almighty. We also hope that Ambassador Kiplagat and the IGAD Technical Committee will keep providing a helping hand for the Somali leaders, but will not dictate to them; it has never worked, and if tried, it will not this time.

As to the IPF, we hope Dr. Walid Muse and associates will not hijack the intentions of great nations; and we hope the USA and UK will not entrust their role and political interests to hired hands and the likes of Dr. Walid Musa. As for Italy, even though they have so far sided with the losers, they could still set the record straight, and for once, just for once, let the suffering Somalis pull themselves up by their bootstraps. And finally, as for the Somali leaders and clan elders, this is your moment to shine; do your best, be your best, and bring back your dignity!

Please help Somalia achieve peace and unity. Please support freedom and federalism.

SHASNA* Editorial Board

cc: Members

*SHASNA is a worldwide advocacy group. We stand for the unity and peaceful coexistence of the Somali people. We support the creation of a federal system of governance to safeguard the security, tenuous peace, and emerging free markets of Somalia. We support the promotion of good governance, grassroots advocacy, accountability and the continuos search for development and democratic values. SHASNA encourages corporate and individual investments in Somalia, in areas of health, education, information technology and media.

Prior Reports:

Ibtilo   

Sorry we are too busy building Somaliland to mess with Xamar Xaar wayne, build it yourself!

Deal with it all your Somali wayne regurgitators dont have a leg to stand on, and your running out of time.

Cry on the net all you want, while your meeting burns in Kenya, and Somaliland is born into the nations of the world once again.

Tick!, Tick!, Tock!

Times Running out Quick ******

-Ibtilo

Salaan...

Originally posted by Ibtilo:

Sorry we are too busy building Somaliland to mess with Xamar Xaar wayne...

:D:D:D Xaa jira? Xaa saas u dhahee? Haye, adinka ma xaartiin ma'ahoo marka????

Cry on the net all you want, while your meeting burns in Kenya, and Somaliland is born into the nations of the world once again.

clap0000.gifclap0000.gifclap0000.gif Shax shax shax shax shax. Nice performance.

As an I-s-h-aa-Q I can tell you we have nothing to link our tribes, claim as the Diir may, they just want more representation, so they try to group us in there.

Ooh, wait. stop0000.gif What did you say? Your name is Iisha Qaacin??? Well, we thought so. Iisho Iisho eyba meesha la imaanee. Hooy, facaa cilaan ay saaranoyaan oo arooskii habeen danbe isku diyaarinayaan ee adigana intaa ku af neerinee ee yaa lagaa dhameynin cilaanka. :D

Macsalaama.

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar,

LOL well done indeed.

Its like the pot calling the kettle black, I think brothers from Somaliland need to stop linking insulting Xmar as part of their recognition. Somaliland is no more than Burco-Hargaysa-Berbera triangle.

So Ibtillo learn son insulting a Somali city will not get you a seat in the UN and even if this happened you wont be more than what you are today.

LOL

By the way Mujaahid – to the credit of the author, it does not seem like he does not know what is on about by the look of this excerpt. Or I am reading it incorrectly?

“There, working unscrupulously in tandem on one hand, are a number of nefarious forces, each with own interests, presently engaged in seditious activities in the region. They include officials of the Hargeysa administration implicating President Riyaale himself, the head of the infamous CID implicated in the torture and killing of innocent civilians in the late 80s and early 90s; leaders of the opposition parties namely the chairman of the UCID party, Faysal A. Waraabe, once a highly placed informant and confidante of the notorious Somali national security services (NSS) responsible for the torment and detainment of innocent civilians in the 80s and 90s; members of the Guurti (Council of Elders), and traditional elders, some of whom were the adulterate creations of Siad Barre's military regime, including Sultan Mohamed Sultan Abdulqadir”

Do you see where the trouble lies in not absorbing the gist of the debate, old chap?

Gediid   

Sam Warrior

Sultan Mohammed Sultan Abdiqadir is not the creation of Papa Barre as you and the author wish us to believe but to correct that he hails from the oldest Sultanate of the land.So please stop misleading people with false made up stories you pick up from Allpuntland.com......