Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Captain Jack Sparrow

Che, even you can see through the ridiculousness of this story. I guess the PR firm in the U.S. hired by Faroole is earning its bread.

But anyone can see through this charade by simply reading the NYTimes article. The pirate warlord is eating in a restaurant across from the Presidential Palace, on a first name basis with the Police Chief (joking with him, according to the article).

No one arrests him even though the administration claims to be launching an anti-piracy campaign. Writing anti-piracy slogans on a wall, holding a government-instigate d anti-piracy demonstration, and other propaganda is all well and good, but the culprits are right there hanging out with the government!!!

So who is being fooled?? Everyone knows what the deal is. The Puntland authorities are in bed with the pirates - that's why the international community refuses to give a dime to Faroole and co. for anti-piracy measures. They're not dumb!

The classic line in the article was 'blaming the piracy on Adde Muse (claiming he was in bed with the pirates). Poor Adde Muse, he's becoming the punching bag for every one of Puntland's ills. The poor fool - all he wanted was to collect a few million from oil deals with his nephew. He didn't know a pirate from an old lady in Qardho ;)

Nice attempt,though :D

The author of this article seems to understand the complexity of piracy issue. As US officials have been communicated, there are three underlying issues surrounding the piracy problem.

1- lack of capacity to guard the Somali coast from criminal activities

2- illegal fishing by foreign fishing companies that create a lot of resentment among Somalia’s fishing communities

3- waste dumping activities that causes legitimate grievances in the local communities, which, in light of lack of proper venue for justice, engenders criminalities

Puntland Admin I think has done the right thing to tight all these three components together.

Mintid Farayar, awoowe you are crying at the tale of a fast moving caravan …tani ku daysay ee ka har

^Mintid is only interested in Puntland's downward spiral-a final touch to chaotic South-maybe then the world would know where the solution lies :D

Mintid-I'm not really selling anything!

Che, Mintid is a grieve-stricken man whose long, wicked prayers have not been answered. If he had A Bomb, he would’ve exploded it on certain regions.

^^ :D

From the NYTimes article:

“He’s respected as a pioneer,” said Yusuf Hassan, the managing editor of Garowe Online, a Somali news Web site. When Mr. Boyah walked into a restaurant recently, he had to shake half a dozen hands before sitting at a plastic, fly-covered table with two foreign journalists.

The restaurant sat across from the presidential palace. Mr. Boyah cut right through a crowd of Puntland soldiers to enter. He is hard to miss, about 6 foot 4 and dangerously thin. Earlier, he had been sitting on a couch, thigh to thigh, next to a high-ranking police chief. The two joked — or maybe it was not a joke — that they were cousins.

Xiin, I suggest you read Ken Menkhaus latest analysis for the ENOUGH project. He's one of the premier Somali-affairs consultants that the U.S. gov't uses (is present at any Congressional hearing on Somali affairs). He recommends to not give a dime to the Puntland authorities for this silly request for funds to harness the piracy. All funds must eventually be funnelled through Sharif and co. (and definitely not now, according to him, because Sharif and co. do not have the capacity to use it efficiently or wisely).

Give it up, bro, it's going no where...

^Mintid is well behaved child who always gets ignored.....Why channell so many millions into south *oh wait atleast Puntland ain't getting it..aaah that makes me feel better*

Mintid...What gives....? You made your point but what's end game here :D

There is no end game, Puntland has gained much from this issue, the world knows where it is, that its government is the only way tod eal with the Pirates.

If crime could destroy a nation then the Mafia would have destroyed Italy.

Maybe they need to bomb Naples because of the Comora. :D

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

^Mintid is well behaved child who's always get ignored.....Why channell so many millions into south *oh wait it's not to Puntland..ahaa that makes me feel better*

Mintid...What gives....? You made your point but what's end game here
:D

At least, you're admitting we're well-behaved. As for the ignored part, if you only knew, ya Che. Notice, I never post items on the Somaliland/U.S. interaction. What's the point from my interests? So Xiin and co. can mobilize their thousands of Flight 13 cousins to bombard their elected representatives in Ohio and Minnesota with letters protesting the relationship?!

Xiin, adkeyso, saaxiib, ADKEYSO ;) You can always move Reerka from Nairobi to Hargeisa, Burco, Borama, or Ceerigaabo. No one will bother them as long as they don't meddle...

lool. Desperate secessionists are envious of the attention.

Anyhow Puntland is moving foreward and crime is no big issue Europe/US have the most criminals and they are the most developed.

The Pirates have irked some because in the North of Somalia girls from Hargaysa, Burco to Bossaso want to marry the Pirates of Eyl. How can you compete? :D