Sign in to follow this  
ferocious

why cant we touch dogs?

well i was just wondering if anyone knows why we cant touch dogs :confused: , i mean i know why we cant eat porks and why we cant drink but i was never told to the reasoning behind the dog. not that am question GODs orders..

i just want to know :D

thanks a bunch

What a funny post walal

I know that their Calyoo is haraam if you know what i mean..

But i think you can touch a dry dog, i did that once before i feed him he was hungry and i think i did something good..!

But that is as far i wonna go cause i don´t wonna give you any wrong info

p.s I did wash myself 7times donna why though...

Kind of funny don´t you think?

I had a quick shower first and then again & then again lol till i have done that 7times, some shower and some just wash their hands... smile.gif

Over and out!

king_450   

I don't have a dog, but I do have a cat. When I'm home from college, I pick her up and cuddle her, and she always tries to bite me damn her. If she doesn't like to be cuddled, she shouldn't be so fluffy! But anyway: if anyone--and I mean ANYONE--tried to take my kitty away from me, mean and old and crotchety though she is, I would be after them faster than you can say Meow Mix.

I can only imagine my reaction if I had grown up with the unconditional love of a friendly dog.

But I hate them.

king_450 what a lucky kitten you have got, i think i would have accidently steped on my... icon_razz.gif

kidding me love them cats...dogs can be sweet too, to bad their Haraam to have as pet too.. :(

good luck Salafiyyah...

over and out!

^^ thanks hon but i gues i didnt explain my self earlier redface.gif one of my friends wanted to know about it and i didnt have the answer, i just didnt want to give the wrong information to her , esp when she is seeking islam and is trying to embrace it.

somalien thanks a bunch hon , u have been helpfull , i never knew dogs slept or touched their own feces ..eeew :eek:

king what does your cat got to do with it icon_razz.gif :confused:

Sophist   

I utterly despise dogs; I think they are horrid creatures.

But it is not Haram to touch a dog per se, what is Haram and Nijaas it to touch the dog on either his vile mouth or when it is soaked wet.

Thus Spake I

“They ask thee (O Muhammad) what is made lawful for them. Say: (all) good things are made lawful for you. And those beasts and birds of prey which ye have trained as hounds are trained, ye teach them that which Allah taught you; so eat of that which they catch for you and mention Allah's name upon it, and observe your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is swift to take account” (5:4)

doesnt this ayat suggest that dogs can be used to hunt yr food?

OG_Girl   

lol@purple, yes they still hunt for those on desert ... i mean they catch for them when they hunt the deers or what ever they hunting, then the animal runs with enjury so the dog catch for them and bring for them.

Bytheway , I read research about Dog's saliva that there is bectria that normal chemical cleaners can't kill it only Sand can kill it!

Subhana-Allah that what Prophet Mohammed told us over 1500 years!

Salam

Innalhamdulillah Wa salamu alaykum wa rahmatullah

Tayyib what is Haram to touch is the nose,the mouth and when a dog is wet....nor can u keep a dog in your house....because the angels do not enter the house....and the scholars say anything that the angels dont like there is no good in it....however they say that one can keep a guard dog for necessety if u need the dog to guard ur animals from other predators which ur unable to do....So if u do have these dogs u must avoid the najas(filt) of their nose..etc...to touch a dry dog is permissable...that is if its not najas(dirty) however why would u like to be around a creators that the angels hate to be around it?

Ps. OG_GIrl glad to see that u removed ur previous pic of that women without a Hijab on...who was revealin her awrah. like the flag though...

OG_Girl   

Salafi, seems you ask for some thing and the answer already in ur head ... so you were just wasting our time or what? :mad:

Man, if you don't like them stay away no one says be around them :rolleyes:

Ooopps was salifiyyah ..lol sorry sis by calling u man redface.gif

Salam

lol salafi on line ... thanks But that woman was just cartoon not a real woman .

I love the flag but soon i will bring my little sailor moon :D

Liqaye   

Bismillahi Rahmani Rahim.

Sister Salafiyah that was a good question..

This was the response of Mufti Ebrahim Desai, Darul Ifta Camperdown South Africa.

It is good concise reponse:

Question: In Islam, why dogs are considered impure animal?

Response:

All creatures are the creation of Allah Taãla and do deserve the recognition of being a creation of the Almighty. As much as Muslims detest even the sight of pigs - it is the creation of Allah Taãla - and because Allah has placed life into it, we cannot inflict pain nor torture the pig.

Similarly Allah Taãla created the dog from among His creation. This does not mean that we should love the dog. It is perhaps the indoctrination of the Western culture that 'The dog is Man's best Friend'. The theory that 'dogs are very dependent on Human affection' is a myth - again culture and custom has helped to develop this unnatural behaviour.

Allah Taãla the Creator of this Universe - having created the dog would surely have known that the dog requires Human affection and love to exist in this world. Rasulullah (Sallallaaahu Álayhi Wasallam) would have advised us, Muslims, to keep dogs as pets. On the contrary, we are instructed not to keep dogs as pets and 'love' them as exemplified by the non-Muslims. Remember our life is structured and bound by the Shariah i.e. The Noble Qurãn and the beautiful example of Rasulullah (Sallallaaahu Álayhi Wasallam). Consider these Ahaadith:

Hadhrat Abu Talha (Radhiyallaahu Ánhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallaaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said, "Angels do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or an animate picture. (Sahih Bukhari Hadith no. 2986)

Hadhrat Ibn Abbas (Radhiyallaahu Ánhuma) reports from Hadhrat Maimoona (Radhiyallaahu Ánha) that once Rasulullah (Sallallaaahu Álayhi Wasallam) became sad; and said that Jibra'eel (Álayhis Salaam) promised to meet him at night but did not turn up. "By Allah what has kept him back," said the Prophet (Sallallaaahu Álayhi Wasallam). Then he realised a puppy was under his bed. He ordered that the puppy be removed and the area be sprinkled with water. In the afternoon when Jibra'eel (Álayhi Salaam) came, Rasulullah (Sallallaaahu Álayhi Wasallam) enquired as to the delay. Jibra'eel (Álayhi Salaam) said that we, the group of Angels do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or pictures. (Sahih Muslim Hadith no.3928)

In the light of these Ahaadith and other narrations it is not permissible to keep dogs as pets. The household is deprived of the Mercy of Allah Taãla.

However, Jurists have stated that it is permissible to keep a dog for security purposes, farming and hunting.

The saliva of a dog is Najis (impure). if it touches the clothes or body, that portion also becomes impure and must be washed.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best