Sign in to follow this  
Mujahida

Bringing this to the Attentions of the Moderators

Mujahida   

Bismilah

Asalamalaikum

InshaAllah I hope that this reaches you all in good Imaan.

Someone has put a very shameful website in my profile on sol, where it says "your homepage. I feel very offended and upset about this. I don't know how anyone could have gotten access into my account and placed that website there.

InshaAllah I hope that the person who did this will stop and fear Allah. It's obviously someone who wants to ruin my reputation here. Is it possible for the moderators to help me? I am more then happy to quit coming to this forum if this injustice against me should continue.

FEAR ALLAH, while you are busy bringing me shame that I do not possess.

To be honest, I don't feel comfortable posting on this forum :( , after I've learned that someone is getting access in my account and putting a webpage there that I have never put there.

Please let me know if you can stop this, or else like I said I am more then happy to leave this site.

Asamalaykum

FeeAmanaAllah

this one is crazy! only way that i can think of this might happen, if you left yourself logged on in public place and some changed your profile!!

for example, i dont go straight to sol! i take the long way home since i dont trust no one! i go to search engine, type somaliaonline and then click on the these threads! my cookies n internet folders are deleted daily!! so i stay remain logged in forever to sol...but if someone is using my home computer, they dont see sol when they click on the down arrow to see sights visted!! besides that i have my own profile to login into my system...!

Paragon   

Sister, as Moderators, we do not possess that capability of accessing your profile, only the Admin has such previlages. So as Sheherazade suggested, please PM the Admin.

Also, if you can access your SOL account, then go to the Mailbox --> Profile --> and delete where the URL is written. If you do that successfully, then, I suggest you change your password just to be on the safe side.

PS: it is surely offensive to have someone altering your profile. I am sorry about what had happened to you sister. The posibility to gain control of your account is in your hand, so never let anyone get to you.

>>>>>>I think Admin should do something on this..if "TIS" trend goes on..we will have to move out of SOL..

Admins know the impact of that pretty much.

There is a heavy traffic at SOL and I think it will be disastrous with such a "MOF" redface.gif

Anyways admins should "TRACK" all this changes in profiles..lest gonna someone start "TERRORISM"here.

They must have an 'OLD' fashion group policy editors+Permissions.

Are you sure? :cool:

Paragon   

What trend sxb? This only happens to you if you forget to log off after using public computers. It has more to do with making sure to log off always. Think of it that way, because there is no other way smile.gif .

OG_Girl   

I learned my lesson very well..lol ,. Even my home computer I always sign off.

That is only way some one gets to your account ...is to leave sign on, so next person uses your computer can exis to your account. So best way is to sign off and just incase change your password every couple of months smile.gif

It works with me.

Salam

>>>>Jamaal as a moderator, you should find other ways of Solving the problem addressed rather than than thinking you are the 'ONLY' computer geek around...Learned fellow'.

Did you tell us there is no 'ANOTHER WAY' of giving advice to your end users..While it is OK for someone to LOG OFF his/her account always when leaving a public Computer,Like Yahoo has devised what we call 'Re-Authentication' automatically immediately you switch from the likes of mail.yahoo.com

Re-Think your strategies SOL mods..before it is tooooooo late.

Would you?

Thanks all...

OnEcOmPuTeRgUy smile.gif

Mujahida   

Bismilah

Asalamalaykum

Jamaal, I have my own computer at home, I don't use public computers. It's also worth to know that I am the only one who uses my computer.

Jezekelah khayr for your input brothers and sisters, I pray that Allah guides that person.

How do I pm the admin? Can the admins also find out who that person is?

Allah knows

FeeAmanaAllah

>>>>>>What will be the excuse if someone goes in again...and again...'just delete the link and change your pass'...same OLD advice.

I think we need a different strategy..or what what do you guy think is the solution.

Admins should come in and re-assure the SOL BIBOL..Read People... smile.gif

~~~Mods..and their seniors decided to keep quite..we know why....there is a phrase they indicated 'your password is visible to mods&admins' smile.gif

and that they aren't doing their 'Supposed work'