Sign in to follow this  
Thierry.

Somali Empire (Vision to Reality)

N.O.R.F   

Thierry, good stuff mate.

Will have my input when time permits but I have a wedding to get to so waa inoo wiiga dhambe,,,,

Emperor   

Theiry what a piece my friend, who's plan is this?

Original and amazing however I suspect its practicality, too good of a dream, given the state we are in as Somalis, the dreamer is far detached from the truth on the ground, far from reality. I am not saying he cannot dream, of course we should dream and lay great plans, for dreams are there to be materialised.

Thierry.   

I look forward to your contribution Norf

Emperor you are right bro like everything reality is a lot more complicated than theory. For one Hassan is in la la land if he thinks emotional attachment is going to get Somalis to flock back to the country. Secondly in both camps there are people who have other agendas apart from Somalia and it is easier said than done to push them out of the game. But it’s a dummies guide to a basic structure.

Ps stay tuned for Paragon more shrewd and creative version

Emperor   

^I like the idea, purely because the end bit made feel a little bit bigger, dominant sort of man, Miiskaan isku balbalaariyay xoogaa, and that was it.

Insha'alah one day will rise above our difference and become strong nation once again...

ilax   

Theiry, your political proposition is mor wish-list than practical. Its good to have that type of noble dream but it may also mean un-realistic .Politics does not operate much optimism neither pesimism but a realistic manner. You have to harmonise your strategic interest and your political power at this stage. In management planning, to be ambitious is advisabe but being over ambitious hurts more than it helps. I agree on the basis of anceint China militery philosophy the best general is the one who won a war with out egaging a militery conflict. But, yours is a dream than a political strategy. Your argument missess more important isseus and ignorance the danger of competing ideologies currenlty existing in the ountry's political pipe-line.And your simplified assumbtion on the role of intertional communities proves to be a naive in politics.

In short, this conflict, I mean in Sourthern party has multiple actors, local and international hence each needs to be addresed specifically , There fore, one size-fits for all strategy won't work in this political turmoil.Therefore, this does not mean that you have no good strategy but it means your strategy needs to re-think.

Paragon   

Originally posted by Thierry.:

I look forward to your contribution Norf

Emperor you are right bro like everything reality is a lot more complicated than theory. For one Hassan is in la la land if he thinks emotional attachment is going to get Somalis to flock back to the country. Secondly in both camps there are people who have other agendas apart from Somalia and it is easier said than done to push them out of the game. But it’s a dummies guide to a basic structure.

Ps stay tuned for Paragon more shrewd and creative version

Thank you, sxb. My rejoinder is now posted in HERE.

and a brother who recently (just over a year ago) started working with the TFG.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm .... ninkii Juje ahaa waa mashquulay dheh ,, :D

me   

I remember reading this thread not that long ago and I have decided to bring this topic back to life.

I found the use of the word empire in the title interesting to say the least.

I wonder how one wants to accomplish building a Somali empire using Ugandan and Ethiopian troops……...but then maybe it is all in the Art of Diplomacy

Norf and Paragon, where are the pieces you were supposed to write?

Thierry.   

I forgot about this topic

Me

It’s a difficult task saxiib for one the enemy within who has a twisted cocktail of liberal secularism and fanatic version of the holy faith must be defeated. First rule of life and business strengthen from within before you embark on growth.

In the perfect world Al Shabaab would put the guns down and negotiate with the government, the Amisom troops would be told to leave, joint Armed forces would be built and the warlords would be discarded replaced by Islamist and civil society.

In the real world Al Shabaab rejected negotiation, started a war against the government and as a result forced the institution to seek help from warlords and International community or perish. Not the best start to the Empire building but this is life.

me   

I wondered whether the original author was aware of the definition of an empire. So I took the liberty to copy paste the following from wikipedia.

An empire is a State with politico-military dominion of populations who are culturally and ethnically distinct from the imperial (ruling) ethnic group and its culture.

I have the following questions for the author after reading the different pieces.

1. Are the populations in the NFD and O-G-A-D-E-N-I-A now ethnically and culturally distinct from the rest of the Somali's in the Republic?

2. Why doesn't the original author accept the consequences of using the word Empire and share with us his vision on how this empire will look like and how it can be built.

From what I read the piece didn’t have anything interesting to say about Empire building. Let alone State building.

me   

Thiery,

Empires are built in the real world. I understand that empire building can be a daunting task and that there are always spoilers. However we should conclude from this piece and Sharif Hotel’s plight that your school of thought is not fit for building a Somali State let alone an empire saaxiib.

In the perfect world Al Shabaab would put the guns down and negotiate with the government, the Amisom troops would be told to leave, joint Armed forces would be built and the warlords would be discarded replaced by Islamist and civil society.

While we are day dreaming why shouldn’t we make more wishes?

This is a dedication for those that hail from my School of thought Xiin, Paragon.

I wonder were the school of thought stands on this issue?

Thierry.   

As an amateur historian the original author was aware of the implications of using the word for he knows how modest nomads (Arabs, Turks & Mongols) incrementally built a dominion inhabited by people who are ethnically different to them.

Inshallah when the lands and people of greater Somalia are united under one banner who is to say our ambitions won’t change. Who is to say in 100 years time Thierry’s Great-grandson wont be a student in the regional capital of Khartoum.

With regards to how this empire will be built and its structure, lets discuss that when we have peace in the south first.