Sign in to follow this  
Fyr

Puntland leader denied entry to UK

Fyr   

ANN Staff Reporter

ABU DHABI, 13 April 2004— The leader of Puntland, Abdillahi Yussuf, who left the UAE Monday evening for London was denied entry to the UK and returned to the UAE.

ANN learnt from informed sources in the UAE that Yusuf who was rushed to the UAE early this week for medical treatment is now in Sharjah.

Meanwhile, Yusuf blasted Britain for committing an act of enmity against the Somali people by receiving Somaliland President who recently paid a visit to UK and addressed members of the British parliament.

Taking to the UAE official daily Al Ittihad on Monday from Sharjah, Yusuf said the British government’s receiving of Somaliland President and its acceptance to open a British representative office in Somaliland as well as allowing Somaliland to open a representative office in London was tantamount to recognition of the breakaway state, warning Britain that such action would make it an enemy of the Somali people.

Yusuf, whom the paper described as the first man to take arms against Siyad Barre’s regime, said that the Somali people would not allow any violation of its sovereignty and territorial integrity and would not accept the creation of separatist cantons.

He affirmed Puntland’s persistence on the unity of Somalia and the establishment of a federal system of government where every region would be free to run its own affairs without harming the unity and sovereignty of the country.

On the Puntland-Somaliland dispute over Sool and Sanag regions, Yusuf said that the two regions historically belong to Puntland and called for the holding of a referendum in the disputed area in order to avoid armed confrontation, destruction and bloodshed.

LANDER   

Originally posted by Casey:

The leader of Puntland, Abdillahi Yussuf, who left the UAE Monday evening for London was denied entry to the UK and returned to the UAE. .........

Yusuf said the British government’s receiving of Somaliland President and its acceptance to open a British representative office in Somaliland as well as allowing Somaliland to open a representative office in London was tantamount to recognition of the breakaway state, warning
Britain that such action would make it an enemy of the Somali people
:D

This guy is a joker, I had a good laugh with this one. First he wanted to take advantage of the countries medical care and when he was denied entry he started name calling and threatning in typical warlord fashion. "yez you are enemy ingirisii, enemy waryaa you hear me?

:mad: " I'm sure the british are shaking in their boots, they've officially been threatened by 1-out of 55 warlords in somalia. Isn't he aware that wining and crying raises stress which in turn will probably raise his blood level? he better chill out and leave the politics a bit before he catches a heart attack. I suggest a healthy diet of caano geel and some corn :D .

Rokko   

Reported by ANN -- Awdal News Network. (Riyaale's mouthpiece) lol

I searched and I couldn't find anyone else reporting such news. could be early na'mean. :D

sadeboi   

MOBB :D I didnt hear such a story either :confused: I mean are all this somalis sites not reporting such a story beacuse they have such love for "The Puntland Leader" that they dont want to embaraas him??

I'm sure the british are shaking in their boots, they've officially been threatened by 1-out of 55 warlords in somalia. Isn't he aware that wining and crying raises stress which in turn will probably raise his blood level? he better chill out and leave the politics a bit before he catches a heart attac

HMM i dont think that's an option since the "WELL RESPECTED RIYAALE" :D is on the borders of Sool and Sanaag with his army.

Atleast Cabdullahi Yusef can show the "SOMALI" passport when he enters the airport.

I suppose if one is not after an “overdue independence” (I always thought independence was won in 1960 – silly me), or is not being swamped locust-like by hordes of women and children bored out of their skull to miss such a social occasion, albeit sold otherwise, and one’s trip is purely for personal health reasons, then it must mean one thing only, eh!

Puntland’s President meets Somali community in London

AllPuntland ( London ) - Abdillahi Yusuf Ahmed, the President of Puntland State of Somalia met with the Somali community in London today. Mr Yusuf who has been on a special visit to Britain for the past few days held brief, separate meetings with community leaders in London early this week.

In today’s public meetings held at Hilton International, Mr Yusuf was received by hundreds of British Somalis with the general atmosphere being one of elation and agreeable experience. Conducted quite orderly, attendees had a chance to ask Mr Yusuf about the prospect and state of the ongoing Somali peace talks, severe droughts in many regions of Somalia , and the conflict between Puntland and the neighbouring break-away republic of Somaliland ( Northwest Somalia ).

In his opening speech, Mr Yusuf thanked the organisers, attendees and Somalis in the UK for their warm welcome, hospitality, their unwavering support for the people of Somalia in these difficult times, and their resolve in helping find a resolution to the complex Somali problem.

Our reporter in London who was present at the meeting notes the meeting to have been dynamic and very positive.

On the issue of the ongoing Somali peace talks, Mr Yusuf discussed the nature of the dispute that brought the conference to standstill, previous more difficult challenges dealt with, disagreements and internal wrangling impeding the conference to advance. He mentioned that efforts are being made to address contentious issues hindering the talks, mainly article 30(i) of the provisional Charter for the transitional Federal republic of Somalia . He however stressed the issue now is not with Somali politicians, but with IGAD Facilitation Committee, and State representatives to the conference.

“The process has to be all-inclusive, transparent and fair to all Somalis in order to find acceptable formula to the intricate problem of Somalia ” said Mr Yusuf.

“We intend to leave no stone unturned in the quest for a lasting peace in all regions of Somalia ; and our goal is to restore stability, the sovereignty and the nationhood of the Somali republic.

Difficulties will be faced, but we must remain on course and put the interest of the people ahead of that of the individual” he added.

On the issue of the severe droughts and subsequent effects in human and animal lives, Mr Yusuf spoke about the hardship, loss of life and tough times of past years, and emphasised the importance of coming to the aid of those terribly impacted, in rural areas in particular.

“It has been long and hard year, but we must not give up, and do all we can to help people in deep rural areas and badly affected regions” he said.

Mr Yusuf is expected to return to Puntland in the next few days. It is not clear whether he will be returning to the Nairobi peace talks that seem now to have been put on hold indefinitely.

AllPuntland News Desk

cajaaib walaahi! dadow walaahi waan idinla yaabanahay :confused: . waxaa jirto "somaliland", "Puntland" and somalia, waa maxay ula jeedada loo kala go'aayo, ma ogidiin miyaa in ey qiyaamihi soo dhawdahay? ma waqti lakala go'aabaa?

war dadow ilaahigiina inaad ka cabsatiin iska dhiga qoryaha oo tusbixiina qaata aduunkaan aad u jeediin kaba dambeysti buu maraa marka dambi dhaaf ilaah hala weydiisto taas baa idiin anfaceysee.

as far as I'm conserned there will never be somalilanders or even puntlanders there will always be SOMALIA I refuse to devide my people into 3 categories. U AIN'T S-LANDER OR P-LANDER U R SOMALIAN SO BE PROUD OF IT!

I'll never call u those names if u dont like it come n sue me!!! :rolleyes:

AYOUB   

Samurai

...and one’s trip is purely for personal health reasons, then it must mean one thing only, eh!

Yeah, HRH's vets are the best. :D