Biography of Puntland Leader

Biography of Puntland Leader

Related links :

Taariikh Nololeedka MDGPL

http://radiogalkayo.com/banner/leaderofpunt.php

DAWLADDA PUNTLAND PUNTLAND STATE OF EE SOOMAALIYA SOMALIA

XAFIISKA MADAXWEYNAHA OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT

Bosaso, 17 July 2002

SUMMARY OF THE BIOGRAPHY OF PRESIDENT OF PUNTLAND STATE OF SOMALIA.

1. Born in December 1934 at Galkayo, Mudugh Region of Central Somalia ( now a region in Puntland State of Somalia).

2. Married with four children, Mohamed, Mariam, Khadija and Ahmed of the same mother, Madam Hawa Abdi Samater.

EDUCATION

3. Staff College, Italy, 1944-1957 (Modena)

4. School of War (Staff & Command), 1965-1968, Soviet Union (Frunze).

5. - Attended Law School, University of Somalia, 1977.

6. - Holds a number of military decorations for bravery and leadership

POLITICAL & MILITARY CAREER

1. Corp Commander of the Somali National Army at rank of Lt. Colonel.

2. Officer-In-Charge of Department of Officers and Personnel of the Somali National Army.

3. -Opposed the Military Coup of Dictator Siyad Barre, subsequently arrested by the regime for six years without court trial.

4. Following the Ogaden War of 1997-78 was among the officers attempting a change of the Government of Siyad Barre.

5. -Formed the exile Somali Salvation Democratic Front (SSDF) in Ethiopia as its leader in 1978-1985.

6. -Arrested by Dictator Mengistu Haile-Marian of Ethiopia for six years for opposing the Latter¡¯s policy on Somalia and diverging national interests.

7. -Re-instated as SSDF leader in former Northeast Somalia following his prison release in Ethiopia in 1991.

8. Commanded the resistance and defence of the regions now comprising Puntland State against General Aideed¡¯s forces.

9. One of five Co-chairmen of the National Salvation Council (the Sodere Group) in 1996-1997.

10. -Elected President of Puntland State, 1998-

11. - has excellent working relations with the leaders of Ethiopia and Kenya.

12. -Commands a high degree of admiration and influence throughout Somalia and beyond.

VISION FOR SOMALIA

1. A Federal State with stronger powers for the Provinces ( states).

2. A Somalia free from radicalism and religious extremism

3. A free market-oriented national economy.

4. A good neighbourly relation with the countries in the Horn of Africa.

5. A Stronger ties with the West.

PRINCIPLES, LIFE STYLE AND INTEGRITY

1. He has unmatched integrity and political consistency rarely found in political establishment.

2. He is unmatched, perhaps a unique African leader who is extremely anti-corruption and self-interest.

3. Being a non-smoker and non-drinker, he leads a modest and dignified life.

BN   

OOdweyne,

I am surprised at your obsession with Puntland. This at a time when Power Abuse and Obstructions of Justice are everyday occurances in NW Somalia. Led by the former NSS commander and current Dictator, Col. Riyaale Kahiin. Who has overseen the killing/torture/detention/rape of thousands of NW Somalis. Which is continuing to do to this day. But instead of focusing on that your sole purpose seems to be to distract attention away from him(riyaale) and his corrupt and abusive mafia. Let me guess, he should be getting another raise right? :D:D:D

"Your silence speaks volumes" Oodweyn :D:D:D

P.S. Someone of your age really should be doing something better with his time....

guraad   

OOdweyne,

Here you go again ,you are green with hate and envy for puntland . All the hate for puntland is showing us one thing . THAT PUNTLAND IS IN RIGHT TRACK AND AS PUNTLAND RISE HIGHER AND HIGHER THE HATERS WILL INCREASE MORE AND MORE .

BN   

Odwwayne,

First, Somaliland is one tribe and Puntland is mainly one tribe.

Second, If you don't know the current situation Hargeisa, please read the articles I posted Mafia leader Col. Kahiin and current human rights situation in "somali-land". Or do you hope they will just go away ;)

Please stop hiding behind long, useless posts with nothing relevent to add.

[ August 03, 2003, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Admin ]

AYOUB   

Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler?.

FOUR REASONS WHY ABDILLAHI YUSUF 'YEEY' SHOULD NOT BE TRUSTED.

1. He betrayed freedom fighters and became an agent for the Italians colonists.

2. He betrayed Somalis in 1977 and secretely supported Ethiopians.

3. He betrayed and killed some senior SSDF members.

4. Betrayed and attacked al Ijtixaad Islamia to gain control of Bari.

They call him 'yeey' he will betray again before dying like one!! :eek: .

BN   

Mr. Hitler? Is that my new nick name? Is that suppose to be an insult? :D Do you love jews that much?

I guess we should be trusting the murderer and war criminal NSS commander and coward Col. Riyaale?!?!He oversaw the murdering of your tribe and now you love and trust him?!?! Look what he is doing now in hargeisa!!!

"Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me."

Gabbal   

Bari_Nomad please calm down your rhetoric bro.

Ayoub is far from responsible for Egal's (ilaahay ha u naxariisto) actions and it'a not wise to label a practicing Muslims as anything other than a Muslim.

Understanding that you ardently favor a United Somalia, I very much agree with a lot of your post Bari, especially this one

P.S. I guess we should be trusting the murderer and war criminal NSS commander and coward Col. Riyaale?!?!He oversaw the murdering of your tribe and now you love and trust him?!?! Look what he is doing now in hargeisa!!!

"Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me."

So while it's far to be against "Somaliland"'s secession, I also stand against Abdualhi Yusuf or anybody else with blood on their hands from becoming soon-to-be President of the Federal Somali Democratic Republic.

BN   

Horn,

Your right. I have edited some of my comments. I hate when people ignore their own leaders past crimes(Riyale) while talking about others(Yusuf). I don't support Yusuf, Jama, Cadde Muse etc. 99% of Somali 'leaders' have blood on their hands. Don't be hypocritical(AntiSomalia camp). To me they are all the same--no matter what region they are from. Insha'allah, Once their is peace in Somalia we should set up a court to try them all. In the end Allah will judge us all.

AntiSomali Camp,

When the floods(1997?) uncovered the mass graves in hargeisa--why didn't the government setup a tribunal(court) to investigate and try those responsible? Is it because leaders from the NW were party to it and implicated in those war crimes?

Mystery   

To the blind followers,

If you haven't noticed none of the pro-Somaliland people in this forum make any apology or condone Dahir Riyaale's crimes, none of them came to his defence when Bari posted the article written by Raqiya Oomar (Somalilander).

Yet when Bari-Nomad requested our response, I responded to him that we read the report, which was posted all over the Somaliland websites 6 months ago. I also stated that we debated his crimes among ourselves (Somalilanders).

I pointed out to you that we don't discuss our problems outside our country and use the saying "We don't hang our dirty linen OUTSIDE".

Now whether at this moment of time we continue with the "Forgiveness" for all previous crimes reached during the Somaliland reconciliation conferences or revisit the records of previous offenders is a matter for us and ONLY for us ALONE. We will NOT and we will NEVER let outsiders specially non-Muslims come and tell us how to solve our problems with each other.

The difference with you guys (Smithy, Bari-Nomad, Guraan or Samurai-W) is that you seemed to praise a warlord (C/Lahi Yusuf), which his crimes go back as far as pre-Independence.

Whether it’s the above article posted or the one entitled “How Kenya Helped to fight Siad Bare”, with the following quote:

He hardly fits the portrait of a seasoned rebel...

Now if you believe all that and are blinded from his brutality, then all the best to the people of Puntland who will remain hostages to this man for as long as he has people like you defending him in the virtual world and the "Death Squad" in the real world.

Somalilanders,

Such venom for President Yusuf, such remarkable hate why?

Ayoub Shiekh,

You seem to know more about Abdullahi than he does, he use to work for the italians I think you mistaken him for Mohamed Soyad Barre.

"He killed so many people" just come out with it you dont like him because he is OOOPS can I print that?.

Again Abdullahi took part in well known millatery campaigns he fought armed enemies, weither the Barre Regime, Al Itihad, USC, JAMAC Cali forces. He didnt attack civillians but aremd combatants. He never sent men to be executed unlike SIYAD and RIYAALE.

Abdullahi yusuf is hated by Somaliland because he is the biggest to their dream of independence.

He is hated by the south because he has proven PUNTLAND can stand alone.

He is hated by people of SIYAD's regime because he put the torch on this regime, he fought SIYAD when everybody was chiering for him, GULWADE SIYAD.

So people lets top the nonsence, Abdullahi Yusuf YEY and that is his surname, is a well known Somali figure a great surviver and we await the outcome of the meeting.

Abdullahi for presidnet of the federal Somalia

Gabbal   

SmithNWestern

Allah subxanawatacala knows everything, but I, as a human, don't.

So if Abdulahi Yusuf was not chosen president, would YOU favor Puntland's seccession?

SmithNW – my man though none of the people here will admit, the hate for the man is simply one of tribalism and online clan politics in its infancy stage. Why do you reckon boys and girls form Northwest would worship Ina Igal (their dear uncle) and hate Ina Yussuf (their enemy number one)? The name simply strikes a fear into their hurt. Not only does he know the psyche of the political elites in Hargeysa so well, they indeed are all in his pockets, except Riyaale who is so witless he wets his pants at the mention of his name. Very simple my man! And do not you buy that claptrap rubbish they are spewing out on the net. And their nauseating droning and whining from old to the young is borne out of fear and anxiety of what is on their way.

Did you know this man they hate so much actually played a significant role in the mediation of Silanyo & Riyaale? The young would not know that, would they? Besides, like him or loathe him, Yussuf is coming to town as the president of the Federal Republic of Somalia.

BN   

Mystery,

It's funny how you posted and discussed 6 months ago an article, Somalia: Shadows of the past as human rights deteriorate, which was only written AFTER the "elections" in NW Somalia and posted online 26 May 2003! You "Somalilanders" must be psychic wallahi! :D

This report documents human rights abuses in Hargeisa during and after the "elections" including beatings, detention[including pregnant and children], verbal abuse[swearing by police at women/childern], abuse of power and office, propaganda of Radio hargeysa, intimidation of reporters and other acts reminicent of the Siyaad dictatorship. Could Riyaale be a new Siyaad?

I hope your not confusing this[above] report with one about Col. Riyaale NSS days, Justice for the Atrocities of the 1980s: The Responsibility of Politicians and Political Parties . If you were please go back to the articles and read them if you don't want to post a reply.

Rokko   

I think people should realize that ABDULLAHI is a diehard federalist. If he wasn't the president of Puntland, who knows Puntland might have been just like Somaliland seeking recognition.

He should be given credit for keeping Puntland part of Somalia.

African   

Mobb_Deep

u seemed 2 revisit several threads that died long time ago. I started 2 read some of them & so that they died coz they got out hand.

In this thread I felt I had to express my opinion as I found it disturbing that some ppl can support a warlord & if our generation is doing it coz the warlord is from the same tribe what's the future 4 our children.

Isnt it high time that our generation condemn the warlords regardless of what tribe they belong. I believe if we continue like this then we will never break the circle of violence (war) in our communities & only breed the next generation of warlords.

This is what makes me diheartened & loose hope in our ppl. :(