Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

Meles Zenawi refuses to....

The Zack   

Zenawi refuses to mention the number of troops he lost in Somalia, claims that the TFG now controls most parts of central Somalia.

me   

The interesting bit was his belligerence on the Nile water issue.

That is an issue that will have major repercussions within and beyond our region.

Ethiopia believes that it has the geopolitical clout to pull this one off, lets see whether they have what it takes.

The Zack   

^Egypt made it clear that it will defend its Nile water rights, Zenawi will see some consequences if he attempts to make mistakes on the Nile issue.

^^What about Somaliland's olonial border agreement? No one ever hears you talk about my province of Sanaag. SL is bigger than just Burco you know.

The Zack   

Originally posted by AfricaOwn:

^^What about Somaliland's olonial border agreement? No one ever hears you talk about my province of Sanaag. SL is bigger than just Burco you know.

LOOOOOOL I think Norf is disagreeing with the colonial agreements, he is saying Egypt and Sudan are wrong. Re-read it bal duqa.

LOOL again @my province of Sanaag.

Hales   

He was resisting saying it was in Ethiopias sole interests or that Ethiopia was pushing the hardest for the Nile water share. He claimed that it was in the equal interests of all the African countries which isnt true. Ethiopia needs it more and has been pursuing for it more historically than any other African Nile country.

Let me say that Egypt and Ethiopia, two one of the most largest millitaries in Africa clashing is in the interests of greater Somalia folks here. :D

Originally posted by The Zack:

quote:Originally posted by AfricaOwn:

LOOOOOOL I think Norf is disagreeing with the colonial agreements, he is saying Egypt and Sudan are wrong. Re-read it bal duqa.

LOOL again @my province of Sanaag.
I get that, but I was point out the irony dum dum. His what you call a "secessionist" that believes in the Somaliland colonial border.

I'm from a small sub-clan that owns Sanaag :D . Go ask about us. Sanaag is mine, I said it.

Hales   

^^

Stop with the dividing tactics, sxb.

Personally though i believe Ethiopia deserves a share, since its mostly their natural recources.

But looking at it the other way it would be devastating for Egypt if it lost it which practically lives off on the nile.

Let me say that Egypt and Ethiopia, two one of the most largest millitaries in Africa clashing is in the interests of greater Somalia folks here

Anarchism ........

Do you have any other solution rather than wishing a war in everywhere in the world ???

The Zack   

AfricaOWn, OK OK it is yours ninyahow ehe. The fact you claim it over and over make its sound like you are actually claiming another man's land. Waad iska dhaadhicisay inaad leedahay miyaa sibaad ugu soo cel celisaa.

Hales, I don't know how EGYPT VS XABASHIS would affect Somalis.

Hales   

An Ethiopian - Egyptian war would not affect all Somalis but it would be in the interests of those who want independence in the ogd region, a fall in government in Ethiopia would create a power vacuum which those in the ogd region could take advantage of.

Lets be honest here horta, Diplomacy and armed struggle so far isnt working for the rugtag millitias against one of the most powerfull millitary in Sub saharan Africa and will probably will never work with the way things are going.

Jacaylbaro@ im not advocating for war here, since i believe its potential disastrous consequences would not be worth supporting.

i said it would be the interests; in other words it would most likely benefit those who want independence from Ethiopia in the Ogd region.

[Egypt was one of the main countries that supported and help arm Somalia in 1977, generally because it believed it would weaken Ethiopia which in turn would help secure possession of the nile for them.

This is similar logic im showing here.]

Why do you think those African countries have not done anything to take their share of the water. Because the areas where Nile originates are full of rain water and do not need any additional water. The places that need it and too far and the Africans are too incompetant to do anything about it for the past 30 years. This all hot air and nothing is going to change and these African leaders will be talking about it for the next 30 years.

sahal   

if he is elected Faysal cali Waraabaa will call new Nile basin conference in Erigavo where the cbage weights one Goat :D