Sign in to follow this  
Rokko

Should Puntland declare independance if the Kenya talks fail?

Coloow   

Dantey you wrote:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Brother preneur you also need to stop the stomach churning talk about “war-lords” cause Mogadishu has the most warlords who need to be curtailed. Brother you are in need of a new argument.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I don't recall saying "warlord" or mogadishu in my brief reply. Xageed ka keentay sxb? mise dadka si xun wax u tarjuunto(binoculars) ayaad tahay?

Anyway,

Bro, Why does mugadisho and the south of somalia have more warlords and wars than the rest of somalia? Could it probably depend upon the fight for resource.

The war in somalia is about resources and those are found mainly in the south. It is where the population is!

LANDER   

Something Intriguing about this subject,

Wasn't the original intention of creating the Puntland State to gain independence? :confused:

I look to the more knowledgeable nomads on Puntland affairs to clarify this for me.

Dantay1   

Brother Entrepreneur the reason why Mogadishu has the most warlords is to do with the failed experiment of the late general Aydeed, who with his clique tried to over power the desire of the Somali people.

About resources the south has many riches but if it has more natural resources than the northern regions is unknown until there is a full geological study done in the country, until then we are in the realm of assumptions.

The great resource a state has is its people and the south’s people have been mistreated and marginalised that today 2003 they are worse of than say 1993.

This comes down to the perception in Mogadishu than anything goes, any lie can be taken any story can be sold. That’s why you get numerous governments from Ali Mahdi, Salbalar, TNG and now money laundering Darman. And all these so called jest setting Presidents and governments failed missrubly to serve their people. Compare this to say Somaliland and Puntland where the people have benefited and grown where any lie cant be sold to the people and where war is negotiated out of and not fought through to the end. The point is Mogadishu has failed and now the Somali mandate should move to Puntland as Somaliland dosent care at least it should be better than DR Abdiqasin the only man in the world who got a PHD without ever graduating from a university.

But hey brother Preneur that’s another lie that can be told in the old streets of Mogadishu. You have no leg to stand on dear brother.

Lander: Puntland has always been for federalism and now the rest of Somalia with the notable exception of Somaliland agrees to try this road of devolution of power from the centre.

Coloow   

Dantey...first of all let me start with a desclaimer:

I am not from mogadishu or the south of somalia- so my judgement is purely based on an intellectual -non biased analysis of the somali situation.

secondly, bro, I agree generally with your points but it seems that your views are biased. It is not about presidents, warlords or persons but a whole country bro.

I don't want to defend caydid, abdiqasim or anyone in somalia. You know as well as I do that warlords are everywhere including PUntland which makes the synthesis of your argument. The same applies as to fake degrees.... this is a somali disease bro! Marka let us pray sxb because somalia is on sick bed.

By the way, as to resources several studies have been done on somalia- and they all point to enormous riches in the country but you need a functioning adminstration as you rightly put it.

xiis   

I think we wouldn't have to go far to kill you so called "puntlanders and ssh" because you people all live on our handouts in Hargeisa. Funny thing is in Hargeysa you act real nice and submissive. And many of my softhearted people fell for that ruse. But don't worry your day is coming my enemy!

BN   

Originally posted by xiis:

I think we wouldn't have to go far to kill you so called "puntlanders and ssh" because you people all live on our handouts in Hargeisa.

WHY do you want to "kill" people? I guess death threats are not against SOL rules :rolleyes:

By "handouts" you must mean the taxes paid by your businessmen to the Bosaso port authority... :rolleyes:

Funny thing is in Hargeysa you act real nice and submissive. And many of my softhearted people fell for that ruse. But don't worry your day is coming my enemy!

When was the last time you were in Hargeisa? What "ruse" are you talking about? :confused: How old are you :rolleyes:

P.S. There's no such thing as "Puntlander" we are all somali. ;)

xiis   

We are enemies in this life and the hereafter. And don't worry there are plenty of my bros and sis who feel the same way. C u on the battlefield someday. No Justice No Peace! Are u afraid of the truth why are u crying to admins?

Rokko   

Lander, Puntland State wasn't created to be an independant country. I don't think anybody's intention was to create another Somaliland.

Paltalk   

TO: Those who want to Divide one Nation,one Religion, one culture, one Language.

The so called "Puntland" Cannot declare independence under any circumstances. Puntland does not have the capability to declare itself as another emerging seriouse power in Somalia. We urge Somaliland and Puntland to give up their ambitions. The U.N has finally shifted it's gear and is willing to show flexibility to have international force if these ongoing talks fail.

Is this gentleman for real?

Not only does you daft rhetoric and canopic misuse of language indicate a tragic failure in line with that of the failed Arte TNG and its leadership - unrealistic and preposterously off target in all aspects.

Where do you live man – in a cuckoo land? Your use of words such as “cannot” and “must” are not only balderdash but also ludicrously narrow in principal and in thinking. Your natural dependence, cultural tendency to blame others for your downfall, puerile in dictating to others, and ultimate looking towards third party entities for your failure in determining your future exhibits how clueless you are in the complex social and political issues of the land of Somalis.

In case it had not dawned on you thus far, the will and desire to determine the density, future, and wellbeing of the people solely and ultimately rests with the people, it be those in Somaliland or Puntland. I suppose that is not a term with which you are acquainted as indicative of your idiotically worded post.

Reading perhaps of the intent and principal policies embedded in the underlying political guidelines serving as a cornerstone for the entity you wish to speak of might teach one or two things prior to your making an a'rse of yourself.

Paltalk   

To: Samuworior

I am compelled by how, my usage of words effected your natural being. However, those who view issues from the broader side are obviouse to the one who's dreaming. But speaking realisticly you absolutely have nothing to argue with. If you are unfortunately a strong supporter of the current regime in the so called "Puntland" than you share their fate. The current leader of Puntland and some of his cobinet members commited atrocities against their own people, they also commited crimes against humanity. I am assuming when all these things took place you were not aware. how intelligent can you be? Nevertheless, These tyrants will not lead any part of Somalia. We will pursui them, we will hunt them down, and we will make sure they are all brought to justice. Evil leaders cannot lead any part of our Nation, Small, or big. Knowing c/lahi Yusuf's history of agression and his use of Etheopian forces against his own people we have every reason to object his leadership. Knowing also the designs and the deceptions of his personality. we will not allow him to be a leader in any part of our nation. We as a whole nation are facing this kind of proplems, but we will not ignore, deny, or pass this problems to our second generation, but we will confront with with clarity and focus. We will not let this kind of tyrants set the course of history.whether you like it or not.

I am amazed as to how dense and oblivious you seem with regards to the root cause of the predicament symbolic of what you represent at least in your writing.

You see civic dialogue would be a wasted art on the likes of you; therefore I shall shift gears and lower the standard of civility for the sake of sanity, and I shall give it to you in a plain, brute argot.

Forgive me as I wish to touch a raw nerve overlooked, though not forgotten, for so long and by so many not because of the injured party’s short memory span, but by choice of convenience and short-termism if you will. It always astonishes me as to why the hoodwinkers (Siyad’s henchmen) and their wicked and iniquitous cronies (regime remnants – the Arte TNG) feel to have the right to represent Somalis and speak on their behalf. Perhaps one day one of you could have the decency to be honest enough at least with yourselves to shed a light on the matter for the benefit of others.

“ ….you of all people claiming to be viewing things from the broader sense”, I doubt it. Allow me to shed a light on your forgetful being and the repulsive motivation to pass yourself off as a nationalist though the truth is far from that.

Your approach of tarnishing the local administrations and the image of the hardworking peoples in Puntland, and that of Somaliland to some extent, thus opposition to the proposed federalist ideological, political governance and self determination; therefore only two observations with compelling conclusions could be derived from that: that you are either a buff and a groupie of the late Barre dictatorial regime which in your mind equated THE perfect government, or more closely a product of the mayhem, anarchic and antediluvian culture of statelessness in Mogadishu. Either way, you represent anything and everything hideous and vile of the present day Somalia.

Here, one is very convinced that you vow allegiance to the former, and as such your speaking of nationalism, governance, and portrayal in negative of anything different, simply demonstrates your abysmal and unfortunate equation of what constitutes true governance. Your obsession of the term “we” though not once defined in your post but perhaps only understood by yours truly illustrates only one thing: that the Barre regime and its generals obsessively feel to this day in their minds to represent the Somali peoples though hardly represent a limp, lost sheep: check A/Qassim and his Arte TNG – remnants of the Barre regime. How convenient for you. In your line of reasoning and ludicrously naiveté rationale, it would be a waste of time and space to even discuss matters any further. How could one allow oneself to entertain such below par ideas presented by the god forsaken remnants of the Barre regime?

Clearly mayhem and daily destruction is what motivates you. And anything other than that, or perhaps anything that resembles a sense of tranquillity and stability is loathsome, thus your fascination with the decisive and strong determination adopted by peoples in the regions so ill-spoken that progress in the regions concerned simply sucks the bloodless corpse that is of yours the life as it brings about your destruction, hence ought to be targeted in bad light.

One thing is for sure though. Irrespective of your evil desires, the tide has turned and so it shall remain. And whether Somaliland of the present day succeeds in its wish to break away, or if Puntland, though not in the plan, embarks on a similar course of action in some future time, no one like you could stand in their way, not in a million years.

********Edited********

Changed   

Originally posted by xiis:

We are enemies in this life and the hereafter. And don't worry there are plenty of my bros and sis who feel the same way. C u on the battlefield someday. No Justice No Peace! Are u afraid of the truth why are u crying to admins?

talk for ur self sister .......dont talk for us..... :mad: :mad:

i dont see why puntland want to declare independance from somalia if they dissatisfied with other somalis why shouldn't they unite with somaliland because it solves one of the problems of the region which is the question of SS&h that somalilanders and puntlanders are so keen on it. it will be also alternative to war between the two ppl in one region. the advantages also include economic, cultural and peace & security. so no to another new nation in the horn of africa but consolidation of already existing nations i.e. somalia, somaliland, ethiopia, kenya etc.

First of all this an old argument and Paltalk is bringing back old news, brother Puntland is moving fast developing at an astonishing rate it’s a large area from Cayn (its new) to Mudug through to Bari and Bossaso. It is roughly 40% of Somalia with peace and law and order, so when you say the so called Puntland I think you still a sleep wake up boy!

Puntland seeks unification of Somalia through power sharing model or decentralisation that means that Puntland decides the fate of Puntlanders, is it simple enough for you.

Puntland survives on its own and only needs the lord Allah and no one else, it has survived this long to its ingenious business sector and its elders and shared tradition of its people.

So I wont advocate for my state no longer cause I DO love Puntland. Howver what have you got to offer apart from the ugly face LOL.

What do you represent nothing but rhetoric of Barre and now his protégé Abdi (run out of time) Salad Hassan.

Like my fellow comrade in arms Samurai stated there is nothing you Paltalk or others can do about the emerging states of Somalia, its evolution baby .

New nation,

Bro we want a nw Somalia and not the same failed nonsence, we want our state in our country and our capital and our flag and we need not to break up but when I hear ppl like Abdi (run out of time) Qasin I get mad like I wanna :D