BN

Vote for a new Somali capital

BN   

Where do you guys think the new capital city should be? Or maybe you guys think the capital should stay in Mogadishu. Either way, vote now!

Salaan...

I personally believe some things in Soomaaliya should be left alone, regardless of anything that happens to us. And these things are muqadas, sacred and unquestionable. And they are:

• Soomaaliya being a Muslim country
  • Unity of Soomaaliya
  • Soomaali language being the official
  • Xamar being the capital--no one should or could claim that their group owns Xamar
  • And the blue flag with the STAR
The rest can perhaps be bargained, negotiated or discussed, but what I put above, I strongly believe should be better left alone.

P.S.: Even though my qabiil isn't based in Xamar, but Xamar will always be MY HOME. And how I feel for it will only be understood by ciyaal xamar regardless of qabiil. I am also proud that XAMAR BELONGED ALL SOOMAALIS, and it will, insha allaah, once again belong all. Xamar had been hijacked by some aliens from down the bushes. It is a hijacked capital, but will soon be the CAPITAL for all, regardless of whose qabiil claims.

Macsalaama!!

Dalni   

Lets not make the same mistake over and over, xamar is scarred forever.... we shouldn't have any capital city but federal system that empowers each region. Every city should be a capital city of its own.

AUN   

MMA I agree with most of what you have siad, however, not the capital. Why Mogadisho should be the Somali capital frever?? had it been 15 years ago I would have agreed with you but today Mogaidisho is not the same as how it was then. Mogadishu was the most multiculutural multiethnic and prospereous and peaceful city in Somalia

What is it today? It is the most anarchic place on earht and to rebuilt it will cost a lot of money and will mean rewarding those warlords and inviting them to destroy again.

We can have any other city in Somalia that most Somalis agree it doesnt matter where it is located. The largest city doesnt have to be the capital look at Washington is the largest city?

BN   

Why is Xamar Sacrosant? Is it better then any other city? Why does it deserve to be the capital? :confused:

Not to mention the hundreds of millions in foreign aid it will take to rebuild it. Sound familiar? Well thats whats been happening from 1960-91 at the xpense of the rest of Somalia. :mad:

What about the different warlords and faction leaders? It doesnt look like they want to give up power and bring peace to Mogadishu. icon_razz.gif

There are many other cities who deserve a chance to shine. ;)

1Luv

Originally posted by Bari_Nomad:

Why does it deserve to be the capital? :confused:

1Luv

Because its been that way since the beginning? It can be the capital all it wants to, but its not gonna be the most important city in Somalia. Just like DC is not the most important state in America. Wealth i think is what makes a city important, and Xamar has no wealth now. Boosaaaso and Hargeisa are the two most well off cities in Somalia---when we look it economically.

Lefty   

I absolutely agree with those of you who want the capital city to be moved from Mogadishu to somewhere else. It's not obligatory and it can be moved to somewhere else in any time.

IF Eldoret meeting brings a new and stable Federal Government, I heard the top runners for the capital city right at this moment are Hargeisa, Boosaaso, and Hobyo. So don't be surprised if you hear a new capital city in the future!

Originally posted by Lefty:

I absolutely agree with those of you who want the capital city to be moved from Mogadishu to somewhere else. It's not obligatory and it can be moved to somewhere else in any time.

IF Eldoret meeting brings a new and stable Federal Government, I heard the top runners for the capital city right at this moment are Hargeisa, Boosaaso, and Hobyo. So don't be surprised if you hear a new capital city in the future!

Wadani, bull's eye man.

No single capital City. a loose federal system ,with each region having a capital city.

the federal capital should be moved every five years or so to spread the development.

no more xamar as it used to be, and i don't think it will ever be that way, because we have all become wise enough to invest in our respective regions we are from. this is good for the country economically, politically and socially.