Sign in to follow this  
Somali-feminist

whatever happened to modesty in religion?

As'salaamu Alaikum wr wb,

Is it only me or are most somali's extremist when it comes to the religion, you have to be either one or the other, you can't be a "sheikh case" hehehe... no seriously though...What happenned to practising Islam in moderation?

Modesty   

Sister what do you mean in moderation?

Well if you mean in the area of clothing this is what I have to say:

I have some friends who don't dress what is considered to be 'perfect' women dress, however, they are good people, they pray, fast, and they are always god-conscious, but these so-called "wadaado" ladies with 50 layers of clothing are always scorning them. Why? I don't know, but although I don't know the intention of those women they need to learn how to tell people something,or just mind their own businesses!

P.S. Sorry if I'm off topic, but I always wanted to discuss those 'self-acclaimed' perfect wadaado ladies wearing 50 layers of clothing talking down to our sisters instead of encouraging them to do better.

hukri   

^^^^Know plenty of girls that as people are better than the "perfect" lady!!

I mean yes on the outside they look like they'd be more religious and selfaware, but if you look just close enough many of the "good" girls aren't so good!

|Peace|Love|Respect|

NinBrown   

Salama calaykum ladies

I dont normally reply to these talks but iam complled to reply.

First of all, islam is a complete way of life...we follow the quran and the sunnah, its a civalisation and a good, moderate way to life. therefore if our beautiful religion forbids something..its forbiden..there is no moderate way to look at it. Very simple...i think some of you have been litsening to the wetern media bit too much and have been indoctrinated with the phrase 'islamic extremism' so review your thinking...

As regards to the clothing women wear..it has been explictly laid out how a muslim women should dress, there is no such thing as

'have some friends who don't dress what is considered to be 'perfect' women dress, however, they are good people, they pray, fast, and they are always god-conscious'

Because in the quran it says clearly the way one shouls dress...so there is no choice about that.

sorry if i said anything to offend some1..and can give all the references from quran and hadith if one requires

Liqaye   

'have some friends who don't dress what is considered to be 'perfect' women dress, however, they are good people, they pray, fast, and they are always god-conscious'

I thought i was the only one who noticed!

bilan   

salaam

i always get confused with the people who say they are good muslimahs, and etc, but can not wear hijab, my question is if they are that good why do they have problem with following the rules, but also the one who is doing dacwah has to be nice, and do it in a good way, why people always have a problem with the ladies who wear jilbaab etc , could that be jealousetc!!, because we are not strong as them.i might not agree how they do their dacwah some of them, but i do not think it is right people to talk bad about religous god fearing women who follow the rules wherever they are and do not care what people say about them. and islam as a religion is a moderate religion, but not as moderate as the western want us to be.

Asalamu Alaykum wr wb all..

You know what the thing about Islam is...that it's simple in it's direction. Look to the Qu'ran and the Hadiths, there's no 'well alright in your case, or 'on this day do this and on that day do that'. I make sure to tell sistas that don't wear hijab that we are no different from eachother, there's nothing worst then looking down on someone who is a bit lost or behind...Islam doesn't teach us this...furthermore our beloved prophet Muhammad (saw) would never of done this.

Islam is a religion of moderation, but it's us that make it difficult.

salams