Sign in to follow this  
garyare

ETHIOPIA IS NOW ONE STEP CLOSER TO ANNEX SOMALIA

garyare   

ETHIOPIA IS NOW ONE STEP CLOSER TOWARDS ITS CENTURIES DREAM TO ANNEX SOMALIA

- The outcome of the two years old Somali peace talks -

The suicidal outcome of the 2 years old (October 2002-October 2004) of the so called “reconciliation conference of Somalia†in Kenya is not a surprise for many people.

Only desperate people, fed up with more than 14 years of anarchy, statelessness & lawlessness in Somalia; and those who believe that a bad government is better than no government could expect some positive result from such conference. In my view, the following are some of the reasons why we should not expect any honest outcome from it:

A. IT WAS HELD IN A HOSTILE TERRITORY:

1. Kenya has no interest that Somalia becomes once again a sovereign state because of its colonial and economic policy towards Somalis. We should reflect and not undermine the recent statement of the former President of Kenya Daniel Arap Moi when he said that “Kenya and Ethiopia have no interest that Somalia becomes again a sovereign stateâ€. As every body will remember, Mr Moi opened the disgraced conference at Eldoret (Kenya) while he was still Kenya’s president, therefore his remarks is a clear contradiction of Kenya’s hidden agenda towards Somalia and the hosting of the Somali peace talks and explains the embarrassing bad faith of Mr Daniel Arap Moi.

2. Because Kenya is better off economically than Somalis without government for the following reasons:

o Since the collapse of the last central government of Somalia, millions of dollars of business belonging to Somalis is based in Kenya;

o All the international aid and development programme for the war- torn Somalia come and/or is channelled through Kenya;

o All aid money and food direct to thousands of Somali refugees living in camps in Kenya also come and pass through Nairobi.

o All the UN Agencies and other governmental and non governmental organisations helping/working in Somalia are based in Kenya

o Thousands of Somalis living in Kenya are financially supported by their relatives in the Diaspora and receive money through Kenyan banks or private money wiring agencies most of them run by Somalis.

A high percentage of the above huge money is spent in Kenya where both its public and private sectors have benefited for: services, salaries/wages, rent, transport, commissions, expenses for conferences, insurances, exchange rates, food, health care and education & settlement, relocation, repatriation for refugees etc. Kenya’s business and job market is booming since hundreds of thousands of Somalis fled to Kenya particularly sectors such as travel agencies, residential houses and business premises, hotels, restaurants & bars, hospitals, schools & universities, local and international transport: air, sea and road, immigration services and airports, insurance companies and banks and many other areas of Kenya such as the Qator Khat (expensive stimulant leaves chewed by many Somali men) growers have benefited from many Somalis being in Kenya rather than in their home country Somalia.

B. IT COINCIDED WITH A DIFFICULT PERIOD OF INTERNATIONAL POLITICAL TURMOIL:

The eyes, minds and actions of the big states (mainly United States of America and United Kingdom) and the UN were busy with other bigger countries’ problems such as Iraq and Afghanistan – countries viewed by the big power’s as of more economic, historic and strategic significance than Somalia.

C. IT WAS FALSELY REPRESENTED:

The official participants of that so called peace conference were the warlords and their direct supporters. Neither the warlords nor their supporters were representatives or have any mandate of the Somali people but they were self styled or self nominated.

The IGAD and the rest of the international community made a gross mistake to call or recognise those men as “leaders†of Somalia.

The presence of some other sections of the Somali society in the conference such as civil society members, traditional leaders and women groups were purely formal and had no voice or any influence in any process of the talks.

D. IT WAS UNFAIRLY AND PARTIALLY MEDIATED:

(Ethiopia was the most important actor/player, influential, powerful and at the same time interested party amongst the IGAD mediators). Here are some background realities why Ethiopia was a fully interested party of all the failed Somali peace talks (including the last one in Nairobi, Kenya), since the fall of dictator Mohamed Siyad Barre’s regime:

1. After the collapse of Somalia, Ethiopia became the most militarily powerful country in the Horn of Africa.

2. Ethiopia colonised part of Somalia’s territory known internationally as “Reserve Area or ******†inhabited by about 3 million Somali ethnic population.

3. Ethiopia has had for centuries a dream to annex all Somalia to its empire. Therefore, it is no ones’ surprise that one of the grandsons of the late Ethiopia’s Emperor Haile Selasse has recently said that: “what is known as Somalia is entirely part of Ethiopia and will be annexed to it as our monarchy will be reinstatedâ€. The same is the plan of its actual government led by Melez Zenawi who now has found the right man to do the job for him. This man is Colonel Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed.

4. Ethiopia hosts invest and arms Col. Abdullahi Yusuf’s so called SRRC faction for several years as widely known.

5. Ethiopia was already helping Col. Abdullaahi Yusuf’s illegal occupation of Puntland, the North Eastern Autonomous Regions of Somalia in the last 5 years

6. Ethiopia has also strong influence in the breakaway North Western Regions of Somalia or “Somalilandâ€.

7. Addis Ababa was and continues to be the “political capital†of Somalia since the overthrow of Mohamed Siyad Barre in 1991.

The fall of Siyad Barre’s military regime was a golden opportunity for Ethiopia of its revenge at Somalia after the 1977 war between the 2 countries where Somalia’s armed forces inflicted heavy gains, captured most of the ****** territory and would have probably captured Addis Ababa if the former Soviet Union’s military power did not intervene and stopped the advances of the advancing and victorious Somali forces. Because of this his “liberation warâ€, although badly planned and with disastrous consequences for the country, Mohamed Siyad Barre has joined, in my view, the list of Somali Heroes who fought against Ethiopia’s imperialism towards Somalia.

During the independence period, Dr Abdirashid Ali Shermarke’s government courageously defended Somalia from Ethiopia’s aggression in 1964. At that time, Somalia, as a young, small and poor nation (only 4 years of independence) could hardly afford to defend its borders against a powerful Ethiopia because of its limited economic and military capabilities. But in his capacity as Prime Minister, Dr Shermarke made a famous statement after a violation and penetration into Somali territory by Ethiopian military.

As that violation coincided with election days in Somalia, when asked what action his government will take about Ethiopia’s aggression while in election, he answered: “in one hand we vote and on the other hand we defend our countryâ€.

Among the other pre-independence great Somali heroes who fought and defended our beloved country from Abyssinia (Ethiopia) and other colonialists were Sayyed Mohamed Abdille Hassan and Ahmed Garad known as “Ahmed Gureyâ€.

8. Although Ethiopia has failed to ever buy any of the above men, it has never lost its dream to find a loyal Somali man as its trusted ally for its objectives to annex or fully control Somalia one day.

In my view, this day has unfortunately arrived and Ethiopia has finally identified Colonel Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed as the right man for the delicate task.

E. ITS OUTCOME WILL BE COLOSSAL AND IRREPARABLE DISASTER IN MY VIEW:

The outcome of those false talks is “another fiasco in the eyes of the international communityâ€.

We cannot expect that an illegal action generates legal or genuine result. Any activity started with bad faith ends with failure or with illegal benefit. The following is what that Nairobi conference has so far achieved:

o 275 so called members of interim parliament whom 99% are appointed and chosen by the warlords and none of whom have been mandated by any section of the Somali people.

Therefore those men and women will always be loyal and listening, clapping and applauding for their bosses. 99% are illiterate and most of them share the bad record of their bosses when it comes the atrocities and human rights abuses committed against the Somali civilian population across the country for the last 14 years and also the destruction, the disintegration of the whole country and the looting and misappropriation of the public and private owned properties and assets of Somalia.

o The nomination of Col. Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed as Somalia’s “interim president� This is a dangerous and misleading political activity that totally gives false hope of a government to the Somali people by IGAD. In my view and the view of hundreds of thousands of Somalis, not only is the Colonel’s nomination illegal, unrealistic and unpractical for Somalia, but is also an insult and humiliation of Somalia and its people, even though ad interim, to an individual with the worst record as Abdullahi Yusuf.

F. CONCLUSION:

For Ethiopia, Abdullahi Yusuf is now nothing but its “governor†in Somalia and the reasons of the Colonel’s recent trip to Addis Ababa were:

a. to say a big thank you to Melez Zenawi for appointing him to the post;

b. to reaffirm once again his loyalty; and

c. to take instructions or induction from his boss Zenawi.

In conclusion of this short article, I strongly believe that, Ethiopia is now than ever, one step closer towards its centuries’ dream to annex Somalia after succeeding its lobby to appoint Colonel Abdullahi Yusuf as interim president of Somalia without any mandate from the Somali people.

It is now up to the Somali people to accept Ethiopia’s imperialistic tricks of camouflage subjugation through using Somali individuals who take direct orders from Addis Ababa against their people, or, we stand up and oppose and fight Ethiopia’s advances by rejecting/opposing its Somali born henchmen.

Garyare

I am going to tell you this as simple as possiple.

At least we have hopes now, now dont we, we have peace now, now ont we, And how in the world ever told you this, That kenya was a hostile to Somalia, in fact its the other way around, Somalia is hostile to kenya but from its heart it only gave rooms to prepare our peace.

And yeah i think this has to do with tribilism and maybe the person you were expecting was no choosen as the prime minister, if that happend, its your fault to expect a leader and you him or her as a Political representer of your Tribe or something

I know most of your documentation are false so iam not even going to mentioned them, and please change that title you made, its too attracting and it gaves a wrong impression to the viewers.

What can you get this days in Somaliaonline, this is it,

Garaye please be more yourself and dont prnt out a large paper just to get attention.

Taqwa   

Assalamu Alaikum Wr Wb,

Brother Garyare,

With all do respect, if you only knew how feeble Ethiopia was within itself, you wouldn't bother spending innumerable hours scripting this research paper that has no accuracy. I mean where is your footnotes and what books did you use to examine your theory of Annexation. Take a trip to Ethiopia and speak to the local Amhari’s, and especially the 18 million Oromo's who are against Zenawi's government. AY is after his interest just like any other former Somali president but that doesn’t conclude that he is going to give part of Somalia away. If that was the case, why doesn’t AY give Somaliland the chance to withdraw from Somalia (Though Landers will argue and say they don’t’ need AY to have succession but I’m trying to make a point and that goes for Ogadeenia also.)

Malin Wacan

Baashi   

Nah! that won't happen my friend. Weaken the state and try to have a political influence (proxy) yes but annexsation NO way. I agee with Silence.

And who are we blamimg?

We destroyed our country no one els whatever the reasons!

Ethiopia is at the moment the strongest country in the horn doesnt need to conquer somalia to do that we are already pawns.So the only route is use them till we are able to stand on our own two feet!!

Rahima   

we are already pawns

Which is why we got the president we deserve ;) .

So the only route is use them till we are able to stand on our own two feet!!

Mate you give us too much credit. We are so backward it's beyond funny. Trust me, we could never muster up enough intelligence to turn the tables around and “use†the amxaaro- if we had half that intelligence we wouldn’t be eating each other day and night.

Ethiopia does not need to invade Somalia; all they need is to establish a pawn who will jump at every instruction given. Human history has passed this stage, now it’s all about electing a favourable leader just like the US with the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq.

So far all is looking up for the Amxaaro- they got their man smile.gif . I'm hoping that his hunger for power will prove handy in giving his old masters the boot, for surely it's not going to be his love for the Somali people.

Rahima i see your point but whatever happened to giving the man a chance till he proves to be untrustworthy.He seems to be making the right moves he seems to be getting the warlords checked.That is our aim for the moment.Lets get peace first then we can worry about politics later

Ethiopia annexing Somalia, Naaaaah. Using warlords to influence Somali politics yes.

Anyway, I think Ethiopia is big disaster waiting to happen. They have their own demons to deal with, AIDS, Poverty, over-population, chronic unemployement, desertivacation, armed rebels, tribal war, and the list goes on.

Tahliil   

Could somebody enlighten me; what's the difference between annexation and controllin by proxy for as long as I've my ways with u? An oxymoron if u ask me

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Rahima:

Ethiopia does not need to invade Somalia; all they need is to establish a pawn who will jump at every instruction given.

Indeed....!

Rahima   

Rahima i see your point but whatever happened to giving the man a chance till he proves to be untrustworthy.He seems to be making the right moves he seems to be getting the warlords checked.

I support him; I believe that is giving the guy a chance. Yet at the same time, I will not sing his praises. I mean why should i? Just take a look at his track record. Aside from the blood on his hands, he is a pawn for our sworn enemies. Personally though, I believe he will succeed better than the last attempt we had at peace simply because unlike cabdiqaasim, he speaks the language of the warlords- ruthlessness, brutality, and hunger for power. All perfect attributes to lead these warlords smile.gif .

I too hope that he proves to be trustworthy though(repentance is always open until death), but I am skeptical- optimistic also.

As for the warlords, of course he seems to be keeping them in check, they are the one who voted for him, no? The real task is yet to come, and I do not expect him to make all the proper steps- in fact I am one hundred percent sure he will sell out the religious folks, but that can be worked on after we achieve some sort of peace.

Somalia has re;igious folks, who and where are they, and where have they been for the last 20 years? :D

As for the Tigray Junta annexing Somalia, they are trying to hang on to the Amhara and Oromo lands let alone acquire a whole new country.

People stop being so emotional, there is a new reality in Somalia. Maybe those in Somaliland dont like it, maybe some folks who stole some farms might not like it. The majority of Somali's are supporting the government.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by SmithNwestern:

maybe some folks who stole some farms might not like it.

^^^^ I like this one..!

Somalida waxay ku mahmahda war uurka kaga jira aya afka ka xada.

Smuth saxiibo maxaad buxda.....eh ..eh..eh :D

Rahima   

Somalia has re;igious folks, who and where are they, and where have they been for the last 20 years?

Why don’t you ask adeerkaa CY and ina abtigaa Caydiid Jr ;) .

According to the two of them, Somalia is infested with religious folks (or terrorists as they like to put it) who need to be eliminated.

Have you forgotten how the two of them where crying to the Yankees after 9/11, or maybe your bias is blinding you?

What a sad bunch walaahi :rolleyes:

The majority of Somali's are supporting the government.

That’s right, the government brother. Trust me; there were 3 people who sincerely wanted CY as their president, you, Nationalist and CY himself :D .

The rest of the Somalis support the government for we have to, so let’s not blur the line here.

Maybe those in Somaliland dont like it, maybe some folks who stole some farms might not like it.

You are so transparent dear ;) . It’s always the other mans fault; me and my cousins have done no wrong. No one buys this BS anymore, I suggest you wake up and cut the propaganda. You’re beginning to rival the Somali media in the propaganda war.

At a time of a renewed hope of peac, stability and reconcilation of the somali people, the birth of a new government after 14 years of civil war that took us back to the stone ages and the lack of recognation in the world arena,

how could some somali peopl in this site critise the new government its just beyond my believe and it is unsomalian, do u guys honestly prefer the unrest of the last 14 year i dont think so and about Ethiopia c/yusuf is not a pawn for them infact zaniwi is looking for a sanctury place to go when the oroma overthrows their rule. c/laahi yusuf hates Ethiopan like we all somalian does but at time political need, smart politicians know how to climb the rope.