Sign in to follow this  
Gediid

A Very Dark moment in History

Baashi   

Grinov, u wlc.

Gediid, yes we know who the criminals are but we can't prove anything against them. Do u know Tuke has been tried, after been exposed, in NA twice on these charges? He's been let go by courts. By the way, Gediid would u agree the clemency issued in Burco by the elders?

Xassan nasra Allah, u have point there...we should acknowledge everything...no kangaroo court period. Actually u and Gediid are on same page on this...both of u are for justice, neither of u condone past crimes...the only thing is u r not reading each other I guess. Xassan, I think Tuke has something to do about what happen in Waqooyi cuz he was a commander in the time of the conflict and he was defending an oppressive regime...that point we differ.

Ameenah, I don't know what to make of that...if it is what it seems (sarcastic remark) u are thanking me for making u :confused: If my brief piece make u :confused: sorry sis. I was trying to put things in prespective so young nomads can make sense out of this.

SamiGyrl   

First of all he wasnt brought to justice because many of his clans men mortgaged their homes so that they could buy the silence of many poor Somalilanders back home.

He bought silence with his clans mens money, thats a sad thing, but its alright. Gediid dont worry Allah is waiting and His punishment is something no one can buy off with a few mortgaged houses.

I am living not to far from him now, and everyone in this area knows his story right and left.

If you want to lie to yourself about what he did go ahead, but believe me he will pay.

If no one gets to him now, someone will get him soon.

Someone will go to the mattress on his behind and then Tuke will have to deal with Allah.

Till then to yours your own Allah will solve this in due time.

-SamiGyrl

Deeq A.   

If the name callings and personal attacks continue, we will block the individuals responsible from our site.

Please respect our rules and stop the personal attacks. Debate the issues with civility. No need to insult each other.

Bachelor   

hello Nomads!

It would be fair assessment if we knock this "boo ha ha" off which is nothing but divisive. The topic seems heading not only in wrong direction but fueling hatred, and mistrust toward each other. And thta is the last thing (SOL) we need at this moment.

The unnecessary war could have prevented easily and sobed peacefully. Had they been smart. Both side made a horrible mistakes. It would be useless to learn history, if you are not going to change ourselves. The important thing here is, what have we learnt from these mistakes? Are we bound to repeat it? At this moment there are lots of innocent Somali people are enduring similar if not worst atrocities. Are we doing something about it?

I rest my case and lets not behave like Arabs.. ;)

Grinov   

A simple suggestion to the admin. as you are all aware of , and apperant from this heated discussion, there will never be a consensus in the somali politics, and ...Lands and their opposers will be locked in a mortal confrontation.

somaliaonline, should ban such topics that tend to polarize people and create hate and animosity among the nomads, who have everything else in common. as you guys can see, this is ugly and it doesn't get better.

a Nomad's suggestion.

peace , unity , prosperity and inclusive justice for all.

Grinov is out

Kowneyn   

Mr Administrator:

Name names so we know who is breaking the rules. ****** is not a clan but a depraved mindset that can be found across the clan spectrum. The word is similar in meaning to fascist.

Now regarding SNM and crimes, the SNM did not commit crimes against humanity by policy. If that was its intention it would have killed the 10's of thousands of Somali soldiers that surrendered to them or were captured as prisoners. Atleast, 8,000 of the great hawye clan were handed over to Aidid and the USC which absorbed them into its ranks, a significant bolster of the USC ranks. These acts of prison transfers were recorded in western newspapers.

Secondly, the true intent and nature of SNM is attested to by their action on May 31 1991, the SNM instead of engaging in revenge for the oppression and massacres of the population it represented called on all the communities of Somaliland to participate in a reconcialation conference. General amnesty was declared for all the members of the communities represented and a new chapter opened. Subsequently, the SNM gave away to civilian rule and the result is today's Somaliland.

The crimes against the progeny of sheikh Isxaaq rc can be denied by the malicious and ill informed but the facts wont go away. These crimes will continue to haunt Somalis at every turn until the root causes that led to such tragedy is wiped out from the hearts of the Somali nation forever.

As for Somaliland ALLAH is with us today as HE was with us in our darkest hour.

GUUL iyo GOBANIMO Somaliland

Allow wa mahaddaa

Kowneyn

Originally posted by Kowneyn:

Atleast, 8,000 of the great ****CAYDIID'S**** clan were handed over to Aidid and the USC which absorbed them into its ranks

And What happened to the soldiers from the other tribes? :D Massacred?

Blessed   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Ameenah, I don't know what to make of that...if it is what it seems (sarcastic remark) u are thanking me for making u :confused: If my brief piece make u :confused: sorry sis. I was trying to put things in prespective so young nomads can make sense out of this. [/QB]

You didn't confuse me bro. That was not a sarcasim, Thnx smile.gif

India   

This is a vicious circle and we can go on and on and on. But one can not easily sit back and watch unbelievable lies being fabricated.

Brother Xasan I have nothing more to say to you, as Gedid said once "cuqdad iska saar". My god to sit there and tell me a sanaag native that SNM-the only Somali Librators committed crimes in Sanaag..is just pathetic. The SNM revolution was supported by every one in sanaag.

Siman, borther/sis--I wish you would practice what you preach. I mean you started of on a good note and I qoute "It is sad to see folks on S.O.L displaying similar characteristics that left us where we are. One thing that Differentiate Somalis from other nationalities is that we don't examine things and respond Appropriately, rather we jump into issues and make empty arguments about it without relying on concrete evidence". You then said Somalis have learned nothing from the last 13yrs of destruction. Hello, Somaliland has been at peace for the past ten yrs and precisely our main objection to unity with the rest of Somalia. Before you all start advocating for a united Somalia I suggest you all get your shit together.Simple.

Secondly, one really has to be carefull with thier words when you say " Somaliland is the land of Somalis and thus Somaliland has to invent a new one"... I put to you that Somaliland exited before the Rep of Somalia! Somaliland is keeping her name therefore its the rest of Somalia that has to do the inventions and while you at it invent a new flag too OR you didn't know that was ours too.

A true SNM...through and through.

The Dust has settled and that is Angel Dust by th way:)

well.....i guess things won't change....lol

As long as somalis are not willing to list each other and each one thinks he is da only with a sad story to tell, things won't move forward. It is in our best interest to reconcile if we even end up becoming two states or there will be more wars to come.

I don't mean to disrespect anyone, i must say there was never a true movement to relieve all somalis of any particular region from oppresive Barre regime. Any rebel movement that was initiated only represented one particular ethnic group. Starting with da oldest rebels, SSDF and ending with USC, they all worked towards achieving the goals of da one group, they represented. The funny thing all these rebels movement had the word " Somali" in their names....lol

Secondly , i must say all these rebels wether be SSDF , SNM ,USC, etc had criminal elements among their ranks and did violated somalis.Wether the crimes were intentional or not isn't important, wats important is crimes were commited and must be addressed.I guess everybody could choose to blind themselves and deny such thing ever happened.

Koweyn.....It was good decision on SNM part not go on killing spree.....Otherwise they would have ended up in sorry situation USC is in right now....One lesson must learn somalis must learn is anyone who belivies in the total annihalation of any particular somali group must be dealt with.....and no one should protect him!

Dust-Angel.....Any ethnic somali has da right to name their land somalia....The south is the largest somali land and has most diverse somali clans, and has been referred to as somalia even before independence,it needs to invent no names nor should the north have da need to invent either. As da flag, it was invented by a true somali patriot n it was meant to represent all somalis regardless regional origin, the buloogo will remain as somalia's flag.

Its very absurd and heartbreaking to see the people of tomorrow reliving what they may or may have not witnessed. I bet most of the nomads here who are vehemently arguing this case where barely in their infancy when these alleged crimes where committed. The fact of the matter is justice can only be brought to bare when the two contesting people come together for the sake of good against evil. Now have observed what has been happening here, I do think we still amateurs in as far as discussing things maturely and ofcouse agreeing to disagree. I have seen just a few with level headed responses who have made sense but most are acting with their heart rather than their brains. Its well known that crimes took place but at the same time when that happens people tend to come together against evil and make sure it never happens again. All I see here is a tit for tat thing, which includes a generation that was never there to witness the history of crimes but rather burning with hate, which somehow affects their judgment. I would say get together and talk about issues Somalia/land isn’t the only place where crimes against humanity have been committed. People have been gassed, killed and even amputed in places as civilised as Germany to less civilised like Liberia, Iraq and ofcouse Sierra Leone. Now I don’t even thinks the crimes that have been committed in Somalia can even get close to the ones I mentioned and yet still people live one and continue with their daily lives. All we can say is let ALLAH be the judge. Live your lives and don’t get bogged down with hate, as it will only kill you.

Baashi   

The old maxim: one's freedom fighter is another's terrorist is true in our case.

Grinov, Bachelor,

In any forum, u would expect its members would encourage civil discussion, difference of opinion, respectful debate, etc...I find that some of us are not only insisting the discussion of a topic such as this one to be civil...but they also want to be banned or deleted. Even if it meets all the criteria Admin. put forth...it seems that some nomads disdain Somali politics...

Name calling, character assassination, and lies are to be condenmed and prevented to appear on this site...Admin.'s generosity, staff's time and effort should be appreciated and site rules should be followed. That I understand.

To those who disdain Somali politics...I say don't. This site give us opportunity to learn and understand why some nomads argue the way they argue, how they justify their views. On different angle, As a nomads we have a problems, politics is one of them. To resign and wish it to disappear is a sign of a deep denial of reality. Let is communicate and learn from each other...also let's have little thick skin..it helps! I think we did and can handle heated debates like this.

One more thing! There is an old expression in English language. It goes like this: 'A distinction without a difference'...is regarded as foolish...the expression affirms the fact that 'distinction' is supposed to embody a difference; when it amounts the same thing, it is a point hardly worth making.

I find it neccessary to get that off my chest smile.gif

Gabbal   

Uhm....

I guarantee that if everyone who participated in this thread goes back and reads the thread again, you guys will agree that every in here is either (if there was such a thing in Somali politics) in the extreme right or extreme left, no in betweens. Exreme right meaning you are praising everything the SNM did and extreme left meaning you are against everything the SNM did.

To all i do apologize if i offended anyone.

my only point was "lets not put shades on".

what i mean is ,after such a long civil war, no group or clan can claim to have abstained from the blood letting.

from those that were bombed in hargeisa, to those whose wells were poisoned and burried in mudug, and the bodies of starved women and children that littered "habaar waalid",because of general ceydiid, SOMALIS have suffered enough.

Its inappropriate to re start accusation and counter accusation, and point fingers, when we can work on the healing of our souls.

at this juncture in our history, we are all suspicous of one another, and very mistrusting.

i do beleive that it will take a long time before we can really bring this to closure, and in the meantime, we all need to focus our ENERGY ON THE THINGS THAT WILL BRING US TOGETHER, NOT DIVIDE US.

my apologies to the comrades from waqooyi galbeed and togdheer, and lets burry the hatchets.

sincerely