Sign in to follow this  
Gediid

A Very Dark moment in History

Lefty   

Baashi

That's a brief of reasonable note but people are not focusing on the real subject which is the picture and they're leaning toward other direction. First is first, as far as the picture is concerned, there's no slight chance of the possibility of human burning on that picture.

-If you look at the sitting person more closely, the picture doesn't show the lower part of his body right at bottom left corner of the picture because it's been used shaded colors just like the so called the flame.

-The person who's digging, slight piece of his bottom righ leg (right at the top of his right booth) is missing because of the spreaded used color.

-There's an erased person standing behind the person who's actually sitting.

-Even if it's a real flame, how come its shadow doesn't show and the real shadow of the picture concluded at the head of the sitting person.

-A burning person would not hold his hand comfortably and waits to be burned with no movement even if he's been tighted. The fact of the matter is that person is not burning and he's looking happily something that other soldiers had found.

- The color of a real flame and the one on the picture doesn't match. It's been used the wrong color but a closer one!

There are many more I can go on and on but the fact of the matter is this is a fabricated picture and it's not far near what's been translated into and nobody could fail to see the identification in every angle of it. More Proof and Explaination is Needed!

------------

Grinov   

Libaax and Baashi concluded justly, and fairly.

i do thank them for their vision and understanding of the dillema facing the somali ppl.

i do agree with the point libaax made about trying to use alleged atrocities to further one's propoganda and political cause.

ENOUGH SAID.

i once again thank Libaax and Baashi.

Gediid   

Baashi

This issue I believe transcends tribal lines and we all know who did what and when.If we all collectively point out everyone who has perpetrated crimes of immeasurable magnitude then the idea of reconciling among at least the future generation will be simpler.

Grinov   

as i have skimmed the discussion, there seems that we are locked in a tit for tat blaming game and finger pointing. to all the parties concerned, atrocities were commited by all parties, and justice will be served when all the parties are brought into the court of law.

both the siyad govenment , and the snm have lots of blood in their hands. to reconcile and burry the hatchets , we have to equally take the responsibilities , without pointing fingers at others.

peace

Rokko   

guys, my friend's family is from Boorama and she's been cryin for years because of what the SNM did to her family in 1991/92. hundreds of young girls and boys were rounded up in Awdal after Siyaad was gone and killed for ethnic cleansing reason namean?. Some were dropped in wells while they were still alive. Somalis are brutal when it comes to tribes and stuff namean?. Now people from Awdal forgave and moved on. They are part of Somaliland now.

Justice will prevail another day.

As fo Tuke, he always insisted he is innocent. God knows the truth.

Gediid   

What you guys would never understand is the SNM was made up of only 4,000 soldiers when they entered Hargeisa,Siad Barre on the other hand had over 30,000 troops only in the 24th and 26th brigade based in Hargeysa.The North generally speaking unlike Mogadisho was never a multi ethnic city.Civil servants and army officers would leave their kids back in Mogadisho when called upon to serve in the North.I have never met a Southern kid growing up in Hargeysa or having seen one till I got to qurbe.Markaas where are these civilians that you all talk about that the SNM butchered.I have yet to see a guy from the South say SNM killed my mum or shot my sister but I know a thousand women who were killed by Siad's thugs.

There are films of Somali Airforce planes taking off from Hargeysa airport bombing civilians who are running to seek safe haven in Ethiopia but, oh maybe someone might point to the fact the light on the planes wing wasn't clear enough or the reflections of the sun cast a shadow on the clear blue star on the Somali flag or maybe even better the people were jubilant at the sight of the glorious Somali Army airforce.What happened in the North was a matter of the David versus Golaiath, oppressed fighting against the oppressor.

That I guess is what makes me proud,I have reached my goal.I got what I wanted and I know what it cost me.For the people who died I wish them eternal peace, for those who at whose hands they died Allah will not spare.

Gediid, I really used to like your posts. You ain't making any sense yo.

Originally posted by Gediid:

The North generally speaking unlike Mogadisho was never a multi ethnic city.

Really? People were chased out of their homes and massacred bro. I can tell you 100s in Minnesota who grew up in the North including my own family.

When ya say SNM never comitted any attrocities or were angels, how are ya different from that dude Xasan Nasra Allah? ya'all the same man. It is all about tribalism and politics.

Talk to elders from Somaliland baby. I mean elders from Burco, boorame, Eerigabo, Hargiesa etc. The nice ones will tell ya the truth.

peace

Miriam1   

In my opinion, it isnt important who the man was, if he was a "SNM traitor" or an "Innocent bystander". It is the ideal that should be concentrated on, no man or woman on this earth should suffer in that undignified manner. This transcends the tribal domain.

On the topic of the picture being fake, again missing the point, who cares if they are fake isnt it just a symbol of the atrocities that were commited on both sides.

We are paying too much attention to the little details.

If this man did commit war crimes during the civil war, we can atleast just admit that its wrong for him to be alive and well, while countless other are suffering or dead.

Thats my 2 cents.

Peace smile.gif

India   

It is pathetic when grown ups start talking cheap. Like the brother here going by the name Xasan Nasra. It has always been the way of the guilty to point fingers....disgracefull that is what I call the likes of Xasan and Barre regime supporters.

How dare you dispute that the SNM are mujahidins? How are you to call the only true sons and heroes of Somalia "Murders". Like I said cheap talk---losers always hate on the winners.

SNM, are Martyers, Man of substance and gut. But then Xasan you and your like now nothing about that.

SNM< were defending their land, thier people thier dignity. Those are the actions of heroes---of real men. Men of no wit, write cheap "you did this" "and w"e didn't do that" on the web.

And anyway, SNM and Somaliland need not prove anything to anyone but themselves and my god we have. We have peace within and outside. Where is the rest of Somalia? I rest my case.

Where as Tuke and the other muderers alive, the ones that committed unimaginable atrocities against the people of Somaliland.....why bother wasting our valuable time on them , allah will deliver infinite Justice and we all know what awaits them--the doors of hell. Somaliland people have more pressing issues to deal with. Like enriching our beautifull nation and its people.

And for the haters, like the song goes "Soo goosane soo goosane ..ho gacanta ho gacanta ho--Somaliland", another I hear you say --nah will save it for later.

SNM, are Martyers, Man of substance and gut. But then Xasan you and your like now nothing about that.

Originally by Angel Dust.

The above sentence gives one of the reasons why i think it is rather pointless and distructive to have this kind of topics on S.O.L.

I think really Gediid saxiib one has to question your motives for posting such a topic here. why?? Of what Benefit is it for us to relive such events of which am sure this is just one in many hundreds if not thousands.

And this lol i found amuzing :confused:

I thank those that really care about the somali people and showed their utter disgust at the picuture of a fellow Somali being burned, even in the Hadith or the Quran I cant remember where I read it and if I am wrong Allah forgive me, but that burning is only reserved for Allah and the last day and that no one shall burn another person.

I must say am always left puzzeled and purplexed when i see individuals such as urself (and i dont need to go into anymore details) citing the quran to evidence the validity of your argument. Infact i find it abit sickening.

I put it to you that your simply interested in coming on to S.O.L to Brag about somaliland which i have no problem with smile.gif , However u then continue onwards on your path of irrelevent accusations and try to demonise those of us nomads that come from the south. SO cant you see the contradction there?? lol perhaps not.

Anyway i will step out of this debate before i say something which i my late regret.

Siman   

After 13 yrs of destruction, it seems like we(Somalis) have not learn anything! It is sad to see folks on S.O.L displaying similar characteristics that left us where we are. One thing that Differentiate Somalis from other nationalities is that we don't examine things and respond Appropriately, rather we jump into issues and make empty arguments about it without relying on concrete evidence. We are mostly driven by preconceived concepts and pure emotions. No wonder why warlords are successful in manipulating emotions!

We should ask, where this is from? who is Publicizing it? what is their objective in doing so? Is the picture valid?

There is no question, crimes against humanities was commited in Somali, but purning person alive is uncomprehensible and concrete avidences are not presented here.

As for Ange-Dust and people who trying to justify this story for Somali seccession, any Somali community can claim tregady done to them by other Somalis and we will just playing around circle.

fighting for justice & fairness, and debilitating your own country's unity and calling for seperation are two very differrent things, but so called "Somaliland" avocates didn't seem to know the differrence.

"Somaliland" didn't people understand what Somaliland means? isn't Land of Somali which means all Somalia. I guess it time for them to invent new name!

Gediid, snm traitors wiped the people in sool and sanaag.

on top of that they killed refugees from the ethio somalia war who crossed the border from ethiopia after somalia lost the war.

there were a great number of families in hargeysa, from somali galbeed , who were displaced in the 1977 war.

snm mostly in the 80s accompanied the ethiopian forces and were scouts for the ethiopians. they were funded by the ethiopians, and they used not only against siyad regime,but also the inhabitants of sool, sanaag and the refugees and livestock traders from somaligalbeed. i hope you understand the picture now. as for the snm being only 4000, even toljecle's contribution was way more than that. get a grip.

as i said, bring the snm traitor's atrocities, so we can accept the atrocities of the former regime.

you just can't have it your way.

what is so difficult about this?

[ April 16, 2003, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Admin ]

Blessed   

Baashe

Thank for that bro. :confused:

The torture killing of another nomad for the simple purpose of keeping an unjust regime in power is totally un-islamic, barbaric and unacceptable. Both Siyaad Barre and the many rebel groups against him have committed heinous acts against innocent civilians and the perpetrators should all get their day in court. If not, Allah's day is waiting for them.

Libaax.

Makes a great deal of sense. Thanks.

I suppose every nomad was victimised one way on another but why are we fighting each other and defending the defenseless? Surely, the people ya'll are defending wouldn't have spared your families had you belonged to the other side. We should be uniting to bring justice for all those turtored by the war lords and as muslims we more compassion for each other.

*Prays something positive comes out of this*

Gediid   

Ruba from Aruba

Afkaaga caano lagu qabey

Whats so complex about this issue.Mise waa leys indha tirayaa.Ilaahey haddi caqli kugu filaan ku siiyey wuxuu kuu siiyey in aad sax iyo khalad kala saari kartid.That's the difference between humans and animals...sorry even animals will run from the sight of something undesirable.People are defined by the company one keeps.If a sadomasochist like Tuke is a hero to you then Ilaah baad leedayahay.

Haddi kale say something worthy of my response.

Shujui

Micno maad sameyn....or in English you make no sense.You actally thought you had something intelligent to say but sorry buddy try again then maybe I will reply to you.

PS

I never used the Quran to justify my arguments in this topic.

Xassan Nasra

Horta ceey reeben.I never called you names nor do I plan on calling you names laakin when you want to argue about a matter of this nature horta cuqdaada meel iska dhig.Secondly be at peace with the ghosts of the past.Only then will you pass sane judgement of whats right or wrong.

Inta kale who agree or disagree please forgive me if I have said something that offended I was just trying to highlight how people like Tuke have killed and can pursue life among us in the United States.

THE irony about TUKE is i lived in the same complex as tuke in don mills. one afternoon , i remember, as a young teenager, i heard commotions outside our apartment complex, my uncle told us to come out to face some noisy men and women with placards who were demonstrating against tuke. they were insulting tuke, his clan, and chanting down with ****** . for a moment it was intense, but the demonstration soon wined down. that was the beginin of the fabrication of the somali holocoust against the waqooyi galbeed and togdheer ppl. after that they were lodging complaints against anyone and everyone belonging to siyad's main clan.

despite their claims, they never provided any credible evidedence to the canadian authority. their only evidence was THEIR eye witness accounts.

Gediid, do you have any unbiased documents proving that Tuke killed NON-COMBATANTS? the burden of proof is upon you since you are the one who claim that tuke killed innocents. unless you prove he killed innocent ppl, i still think he did exterminate snm verments from the face of the earth :mad: :mad: :mad:

unless you want the third world justice of circumstantial evidence, i reckon you have NOTHING. :confused: :confused:

maxaad ugu waalatay cuqdad, adigay cuqdad kaa buuxdaa wallee.

if there will ever be justice, then the murdurers among ************ should ALL be brought to justice.

otherwise keep on exagerating the holocaust that never happened.

[ April 16, 2003, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Admin ]