Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Venezuela quits IMF and World Bank, takes over refineries

Bokero   

Tahiil

Offcourse African benefited from Slavery. Where have u been? Dahomey Kingdom, Ashanti, and many other kingdom have been built on selling black people to wazungu.. THE Bazungu never went into the interior, they waited outside for the slaves to brought and exchanged for guns and mirrors>..

Please stop patronizing us by saying we are infants.. it is like saying we are inferior. The problem lays in our recent cultures which perpetuate greed, and small mindedness... This coupled with lack of leadership at all levels, results in a concoction, of anarchy, high infant mortality, mental slavery, refugeedom, parochialism and dependency among others!!

How else do explain the current clan rivalry in Somalia and many SOL seemingly educated individuals supporting the actions of their kin regardless?

Can there be Prosperous Somalia, without unity of purpose among us all? Can they be rich Somalia without equal rights? Can there be a progressive Somalia without understanding and dealing with different fears of different Clans? Would there be Ethiopian presence in Somalia without Somali collaboration?

If the answer to all the above is No then how do explain what is happening NOW.

Other than crises of leadership, lack of vision among us all and therefore as self inflicted pain.

So stop blaming others the real source of our problems may be staring at u?

Nothing good comes out of nationalising the country's vital economic resources

Nationalization is not ALL that bad sometimes. The institutions of the IMF & World bank have been a part and parcel of all the problems in the world.

Right now its in the best interest of Venezuala to severe ties with the eldiablo

Paragon   

^^Actually it was the IMF and the World Bank that has spread the idea that nationalising national assets is not economically viable. Both agencies use to make the world believe that absence of the 'state' has made possible 'Pacific Asia's' economic miracle. The agencies believed the states in these countries, such as Japan, were not regulating the markets and thus the markets were totally operating themselves- and at times of crisis, had the power, as liberal economists believe, to self-correct itself. This is what smith has called the Invisible hand in the market. But all these crap has been disproven.

To be continued...

read

Originally posted by Paragon:

^^Actually it was the IMF and the World Bank that has spread the idea that nationalising national assets is not economically viable. Both agencies use to make the world believe that absence of the 'state' has made possible 'Pacific Asia's' economic miracle. The agencies believed the states in these countries, such as Japan, were not regulating the markets and thus the markets were totally operating themselves- and at times of crisis, had the power, as liberal economists believe, to self-correct itself. This is what smith has called the Invisible hand in the market. But all these crap has been disproven.

To be continued...

Free markets they say and they let pre choosen "investors" milk out the most profit out of these poor countries.

Bokero   

come on ppl... dont be blaming our ills on IMF and WB!!!

Paragon and Brown

U ppl seem to advocating for socalistic/communist approaches that just dont work!!! capitalism is the only viable way to development... so stop ur naive approach to economics, things r not just simple!!!

Castro   

^^^ It seems like a great book that Chavez would keep on his nightstand. I listened to the author on the radio describing some of things he did and they would be very hard to believe if they weren't true.

Xudeedi   

I read that book on its first week of sale. I just came across while I was visiting the Barnes and Nobles book store in my area. Great book.

Paragon, but why is China's economy is speeding up at a high rate. This happened after the Republic of China loosened its economic system by allowing private companies to invest in there. It has even privitized some of its own MN corporations. But, long-term impact on the environment hasn't been considered.

Som@li   

I also bought a copy of John Perkin's book, it is a wonderful book, and eye-opener!

Bro, Che, Nationalision could be a little problem compare to being slave to big capitalist US companies. I believe after some time many countries will follow Chaves 's plan. Countries like Argentina, Mexica can never repay their debt, and are owned by US.