Sign in to follow this  
Lefty

Should we (Somalis) blame Ethiopia or ourselves ?...What do you think of this speach?

Gediid   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

A great speech in my humble opinion. The interference of Ethiopia in our country is an African problem. Dr. Abdiqaasim is indeed a very shrewd and clever man to make that the highlight main point of his speech. Considering how most of the African nations have had interference from outside, it would strike a nerve somewhere, right? Alienating Ethiopia in it's own neighborhood was a clever tactic indeed.

Somalis very beautifully said "Nin Daad Qaadey Xumbo Cuskey" Muxuu Ethiopia ka weerari ,just like the warlords are on the Ethiopian payroll Abdi Qasbaaye is on the Eygptian/Eriterian payroll.Matter of fact every penny given to him to stabilise Mogdisho ended up in his personal pocket.He was and will be there for a personal gains.Surprised the foremost "Somali Nationalist" here thinks highly of a man who is Calooshisa Shaqeyste

SA7RAWY   

A Row over the TNG Official Delegates at Peace Conference

July 14, 2003. HornAfrik, Mogadishu, Somalia.

A row has erupted today between senior officials from the transitional national government of Somalia over its delegates at the current Somali peace conference in Kenya.

The row has broken out as Somalia’s political leaders were meeting to discuss the recent accord singed by them in Nairobi nine days ago.

The prime minister of the TNG, Hassan Abshir Farah, and the speaker of the parliament, Abdalla Derow Isak were taking part in the meeting as the leaders of the TNG official delegates at the peace process.

But the deputy speaker of the assembly, Mohamed Abdi Yusuf has unexpectedly entered the meeting claiming to be the head of the TNG official delegates at the peace process.

However, the prime minister has disapproved his claim saying that he still heads the TNG official delegates at the peace talks.

Earlier, the TNG president Abdikasim Salat Hassan, who is currently in Kenya, had rejected the agreement signed in Nairobi describing it as an attempt to dismember Somalia although the prime minister has signed it.

Many analysts believe that the row has much to do with president’s position.

The row had in some way affected the mediators of the peace process.

The IGAD technical committee and international representatives at the peace conference have held a meeting to address the issue and significantly setup a committee to meet with TNG president.

But this row will be another stumbling block to the peace and stability in Somalia.

Gabbal   

Gediid spare me your cynicism, the only reason you hate Abdiqaasim is because he has very strong, public stance aginst seccessionism and so called quasi-states.

Abdiqasbaaye? goormee ilaahay (subxanawatacala) uu wax qasi jiray? Wax oo ciyaar aana aheen, laguma ciyaaro.

Dhimbil   

Originally posted by Matkey: Not really. Somalis are responsible for its political stagnation.

"During my interviews in 1992-94, several elders in Baidoa have quoted Omar Jees, the leader of the SPM, which represents the ****** tribr clan of the ******, addressing his followers, after a brief occupation of Baidoa by the SPM: 'Dhul baan idiin qabaney hadii aad dhacasan waydaan waa idinka iyo nacasnimadina: he said. Which means: We have conquered a fertile land for you and your folly that could not keep it; Sheikh Eedin Alyow an elder in Buur Hakaba, portrayed the situation dramatically and convincingly"----Aral

Is Ethiopia responsible for what
your people
have done to inter-riverine region people?

pardon me sxb...what do you mean "your people" after u quoted Omar Jees? do i represent Jees? if you have any bones to pick with Mr.Jees that's on you and you can take him to court, granted you can prove the alledged crimes. But it is very treacherous of you to care so much about ***************** but totally disregard the suffering of other somalis, who Ethopia continuously kills and destroys their property. Don't even mention the somalis they colonize,who live under devastating condition because of Ethopia. Aren't riverine pple and other somalis the same pple? somalis, muslims, human beings? Why do you sympathize with one and disregard the others suffering? could it be you think along tribal lines? aren't you the problem? it's pple who have your kind of narrow mentality of "them" against "us" that keep somalis in this digcraceful situation.

No body is denying what happened to the riverine pple during the civil war, probably they have suffered more than others or just as much, it don't matter. I sympathize with their suffering, i admire their perseverings, patience,and hard working ethics. They are my pple as much as someone from hamar, i don't think in terms of "them" "us". Brother we have to change our attitude to move forward, we can't keep going in circles blaming each other what some worldlord have done. We already have this blaming problem in this forum, it didn't get us anywhere, it only created more animosity. Please move on.

Whether somalis are the problem or not is not the issue, we know that already, we have tribalist, hatefull, selfish somalis. But that don't mean we should ignore foreigners who continuously instigate, aid, and add fuel to the fire. They should be pointed out, i just can't fathom how somalis can defend government like kufr Ethopia.

Also, pple need to understand i applaud the president in this case, doesn't mean i like or agree the way he has handled his presidency. We should give credit where credit is due.

Gadiid

btw "Calooshisa Shaqeyste" goes for all somali politicians or better yet all politicians.

Gediid   

Illmatic

I fully agree those bums are all in for personal gains.I know that ,you know that but some folks in here seem oblivious to the that, blindly showering praise on scrubs they call leaders.

HornAfrique

AbdiQasbaaye is merely a straw in a political game that is being played by hawks.I hate to burst anyone's bubble but he is merely a manager in a Mogadisho hotel,Muse Sudi & Aideed Junior carry more weight than his fake title.

Gabbal   

If your so-called weight is alluding to the number of murders and destruction they've caused, then I agree that Dr. Abdiqaasim is but a straw in a game of hawks. However, sorry to burst your bubble, his political reputation and game far outmatche any of those in all of the Somali Republic. He is of course the first "president" of Somalia to be recognized by all the organizations that our beloved nation is a particapant of, even though there have been 10+ reconcialtion conferences and a president from each one, since the ouster of Siyaad Barre (allah ha u naxariisto).

cusub.jpg

The president with the president of Mozambique.

madaxwaynaha%20oo%20ay%20wada%20fadhiyaa

madaxwaynaha%20oo%20shirka%20soo%20galay

Whilst you might hate Dr. Abdiqaasim with all your heart,the name belongs to Allah, and for you, Gediid, to tarnish it.......well it's between you and Allah (subxanawatacala).

Salaam, the problem is not the warlords or ethiopia rather it is that mentality that plagues the minds of believers. Remember when Muusa A.S had the toothache? and allah told him to chew on a type of root? the pain went away. next time he got a toothache he thought he could do it himself and chewed the root, but nothing happened. this is present in the whole ummah now where muslims feel they will live how they think, embarking on systems and ideologies foreign to islam saying that they are bettering the muslims? Sine the fall of the Khilafah in 24th march 1924 Muslims have lost all honour in the world, imagine only 79 years ago muslims were the most respected and honoured people, however just as the governments now are doing the ottoman empire adopted kufr ideologies into their onstitution whih ultimately made way to the collapse of the oldest and longest lived politial system "al Khilafah". so my der respeted bretheren and sistren, " they will not trully believe until they make you Muhammad judge in their affairs" and " If you rule and judge by other whih Allah has sent verily you are unbelievers" return to the khilafah form of governane and somalia shall be united and respected and perhaps the citadel of Islam inshaa- Allah.

AYOUB   

Hear hear Yusufaddie, a Khalifate might solve Somalia's problems but Ethios will still to try ruin it if you let them.

Matkey

Is Ethiopia responsible for what your people have done to the inter-riverine region people

No Sir. What we have here are 'patriots' who want to turn back the clock, to the dacades when they used to have an unfair and unjust advantage over everyone. Now that the reality is slowly sinking in, that this will never happen using force, 'nationalisms' is the new badge they carry .

Hornafriq, if President Kibaki or Mr Kiplagat for that matter can 'solve' anything for Somalis, they would have started by showing good example in the NFD. Before you go accusing others please remember the plight of Somalis in Kenya who are suffering even more these days under your 'new world order' friends.

Gediid

..he (Abdiqasbaaye) is merely responsible of Mogadisho hotel..

For the first and I hope the only time you got it wrong. The gentleman controls the Mogadishu zoo as well. Thats why they call him President Abdiqasbaaye of Zoomalia. :D

Gabbal   

a Khalifate might solve Somalia's problems but Ethios will still to try ruin it if you let them.

You're showing lights I've never seen you show before Ayoub.

And please answer my question as candidly as possible, do you not think we are letting the "Ehios" even stop us from getting there (the khalifate) by these so-called "states" that basically allude to the fact a different "Christian colonizer" colonized them?

No Sir. What we have here are 'patriots' who want to turn back the clock, to the dacades when they used to have an unfair and unjust advantage over everyone.

You obviously mean me. I really feel insulted now, Ayoub. What do you know of my life to even make you say that? Sometimes it really seems annoying to me by the fact that some "landers" in here seem to think that Waqooyi Galbeed was the only place that suffered.

Wake up and smell the coffee, Ayoub. Everyone dies for a reason, and Allah will choose the time, place, and how you die, there is no way possible to stop. If that much people were to die in Siyaad barre's hands than ilaahay ha u naxariisto, isna ilaahay ha u naxariisto.

But, however, do not in under any circumstances blame for Siyaad barre's atrocities, because Allah (subxanawatacala) is watching and I won't ever forgive you.

Gediid   

HornAfrique

The pictures are very beautiful.....Funny how the South African president has a desk full of papers while our "President" only has an empty plate in front of him. :D:D:D:D

farey   

Mr qaasims term is finished there are one vacant job that is warlord .

you see he want to stay another 21years that is unaccepebale man hit the road man

Gabbal   

You can laugh all you want; I would be the last person in the world to tell you his position is anything but symbolic, but his still being there just goes to show a few things doesn't it? ;):D

I had to delete my reply Ayoub after re-reading your reply. and now i must say may allah bless you for your onern for the khilafah system- As you said ethios will still TRY. shaitan perhaps blocked the word try the first time i read your reply so i'm sorry for being agitated the first time. now just as you said if we let them, and under the khilafah system this would be against the foreign policy. personally i see the ogaden beoming a wilayyah after 3 years of the establishment of Darus Salaam. I Implore all Somali's who believe in allah and his Rasuul and the last day to assist with this duty of ours. the re-establishment of the khilafah. all that is needed now is tehnial personal to run various ministries and projects.

AYOUB   

Yusufaddie no need to apologise because i never saw your deleted post and i know Idi Admin 2 will not let you say something that offends me. smile.gif

Hornafriq if young Somalilanders organise themselves and present an Islamic alternative that abandons the multy party rubish, we could have a government we deserve in 5 years time. Whereas the Mbagathi agreement promises decades of rule by people who support the warlords. So the facts on the ground are: It is easier to introduce Islamic institutions in Somaliland than in the Somalia or Federal States.

If there is a country that has the right to moan about the Ethios, then it is Sudan. They have suffered from years outside aggression and countless attempts to distabilise them, but Sudanese are smart people who know their priorites. If Sudan stayed as part of Egypt or reunited with it, today they would have been a part of country that depends on Washington for its survival. No weapons and money from all over the world, no cruise missile attacks and no Amhar supported SPLA, has managed to dent the will of these proud people.

I suggest Somaliland and Somalia settle their differences, because two frendly countries living side by side are stronger than one big country full of people who are at war and don't trust each other. Ethios will always take advantage of disputes among Somalis and it is up to Somalia's leaders to decide how they want to settle this issue.

I have families all the way to Jigjiga and i'm fully aware of their plight and the'll get my help when i've taken care of number 1. I just have to make sure I don't return to the refugee camps because i know if i was still there today i would not see or hear about Somalinimo.

Hornafrique i hope that answered your question. Please can you answer mine. For someone who supported the 'peace talks' where do you stand on the TNG President( ;) ) v Prime minister dispute over the Mbagathi agreement? Do you support the Presidents refusal to sign it and where does this leave the TNG? Has Mbagathi the gathering managed to split Somalis even more?

Ps nice pictures, the chap looks like President i have to admit that. ;)